What are the chances that this game is a huge steamie pile?

#1rk_711Posted 11/22/2012 12:32:42 PM
I'll admit, my expectations with this game are through the roof. Chances are yours are the same if you are here. My question is that could this game be a huge down, a flop? It seems like Rockstar is getting out of its comfort zone for this GTA.
---
Tom Brady
#2sidstarterPosted 11/22/2012 12:34:06 PM
They got out of their comfort zone for GTA4...
And this game will sell millions regardless.
/topic
---
:O
#3rk_711(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2012 12:36:44 PM
Well just about every gaming company has grabbed a turf, slapped their logo on it, marketed it, and then watched the money roll in.

Blizzard with the pandas, EA with every game they release, 2K with NBA
---
Tom Brady
#495_EclipsePosted 11/22/2012 8:48:33 PM
There hasn't been a bad GTA yet. Granted some SA fanboys cry rivers upon rivers because GTA IV wasn't GTA SA II, that can't be helped, every game has fanboys (and I mean every game even the most garbage games I've ever played have fanboys lol o.o)

So I expect GTA V will continue the trend. Although, I never hype myself for games, as it inevitably leads to disappointment, I'll stop tracking this game randomly then check around again randomly until release. This strategy also makes games releases seem to come a lot faster, the wait for Skyrim for example, seemed like nothing.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
#5CaIiber345Posted 11/22/2012 8:52:51 PM
Steaming pile? No.

Disappointing to the people who don't get what they want? Yes.
---
Awaiting: Far Cry 3, GTA V
Republican Space Rangers!
#6thedeparted94Posted 11/22/2012 10:19:45 PM
i dont think its even possible for this game to be bad considering what we have already seen.
---
<PSN> britz02
#7mfv12979Posted 11/22/2012 10:32:19 PM
well my expectations is medium. since i can expect its going towards realism over best game play. but thats just me. ill wait till this game is out and see how it goes from there
---
copy ninja Kakashi has copied a thousand jutsu and i'm going to use them to their fullest Extent! - Kakashi Sensei Ep 266
#8PancakeshotsPosted 11/22/2012 10:57:42 PM
Not a chance IMO. I mean it would still be entertaining if they just remade SA to a greater or lesser extent so I just don't see how they could screw it up.

They have the formula. Only thing that might tarnish it would be glitches. But even then they have patches.
#9wwervinPosted 11/22/2012 11:13:22 PM
95_Eclipse posted...
There hasn't been a bad GTA yet. Granted some SA fanboys cry rivers upon rivers because GTA IV wasn't GTA SA II, that can't be helped, every game has fanboys (and I mean every game even the most garbage games I've ever played have fanboys lol o.o)

So I expect GTA V will continue the trend. Although, I never hype myself for games, as it inevitably leads to disappointment, I'll stop tracking this game randomly then check around again randomly until release. This strategy also makes games releases seem to come a lot faster, the wait for Skyrim for example, seemed like nothing.

I agree man. I thought GTA IV was a much needed step into the next generation and it accomplished so much on a technical side that it made gameplay much better. SA fanboys will continue to cry about it even though SA was clearly inferior to GTA IV.

Anyways as for your system, I suggest getting into some other recent games until then. I just bought Hitman Absolution so I'm playing through that. I plan on picking up Assassin's Creed 3 pretty cheap tomorrow and eventually I'll get Black Ops 2. These 3 games alone should keep me busy for quite a while. I don't usually have the time to play a lot nowadays so I'm sure I can stretch it out to the point where I'll realize GTAV comes out the following week.

The worst part for me was last year after trailer 1.. we literally had a 9 month info drought not even knowing when the release was. In the summer there weren't really any good games to play so everything was just kind of slow. The next few months should go by a lot faster.
#10_172_Posted 11/23/2012 12:21:05 AM
low