What are the chances that this game is a huge steamie pile?

#11VG_SoldierPosted 11/23/2012 2:33:50 AM
I figure extremely low odds.
---
If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him. ---
In peace prepare for war, in war prepare for peace.
#12GamerguymassPosted 11/23/2012 5:02:03 AM
95_Eclipse posted...
There hasn't been a bad GTA yet. Granted some SA fanboys cry rivers upon rivers because GTA IV wasn't GTA SA II, that can't be helped, every game has fanboys (and I mean every game even the most garbage games I've ever played have fanboys lol o.o)

I refuse to believe that there are ET fanboys. For the game that is.

I don't think I will be disappointed honestly. Since we're going back to SA and they will have bikes and planes and all that other type of stuff then that will make me happy. I imagine Rockstar has listened to what people didn't like about IV and improved upon it, though I haven't really read much about the game so far to be honest.

My only real disappointment though is that I won't be getting this game for a number of years until they release an all in one complete edition like they did for GTAIV. I refuse to pay for overpriced DLC that all the developers keep shoving down our throats. I remember when it was a simpler time when a developer would make an awesome game and put it out and you would pay one price and one price only and you would get the complete game. I'm not even that old either dammit! The only hope left for this is Nintendo, but even they have said there will be DLC for New Super Mario Bros U. If there ends up being DLC for the zelda or the super mario series then I think I will go weep in a corner and give up on games altogether.
#13Fizzle007Posted 11/23/2012 5:19:56 AM
None of the major GTA games were flops..there is no way this game is going to flop..at least in terms of sales and critical acclaim.

People however, will obviously have their opinions.

I'l bet my karma it won't flop.

No come, let's bounce!
---
Fizzle
#14BillyFnWilsonPosted 11/23/2012 7:32:03 PM
I'd definitely say slim to none regarding any chances of it being a mound of fecal matter. Rockstar's been consistent as hell with the quality of their games for as far back as I can recall. They may be few and far between, but there's always something sexy and addictive about their games.
#15FOXSOLIDPosted 11/23/2012 8:03:32 PM
Literally...LITERALLY...0%.

This game will be marvelous.
#16zombieNarutoPosted 11/24/2012 2:32:48 AM
0% chance. I have high hopes. All the whiners and cry babies and SA fanboys complaining will end up buying it anyway, so their point is mute.
---
I r Ninja. I eat brains.
NOO! I DON'T WANNA EAT A GUITAR!!
#17RossardPosted 11/24/2012 3:54:35 AM
Steaming pile? Slim to none. Rockstar's always delivered with their open-world games, and they're coming off their best one yet in Red Dead Redemption.

But disappointing to people who will overhype it? That's an entirely different thing and one that will absolutely happen. You see that with just about every major game release.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/LeftCoastRyda/
#18SparkItUpPosted 11/24/2012 8:23:23 AM
sidstarter posted...
They got out of their comfort zone for GTA4...
And this game will sell millions regardless.
/topic

as does CoD and everyone knows that is a yearly installment of dung.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuwfgXD8qV8
#19Estabon1Posted 11/24/2012 8:57:47 AM
Chances? Probably .06%. R* may be leaving they're comfort zone, and look how RDR turned out. They don't f*** up.
---
XBL GT: Estabon89
From a problematic PC to a whiney girlfriend, nothing beats a foot full of fury.- Bubs
#2095_EclipsePosted 11/24/2012 9:18:55 AM(edited)
wwervin posted...
95_Eclipse posted...
There hasn't been a bad GTA yet. Granted some SA fanboys cry rivers upon rivers because GTA IV wasn't GTA SA II, that can't be helped, every game has fanboys (and I mean every game even the most garbage games I've ever played have fanboys lol o.o)

So I expect GTA V will continue the trend. Although, I never hype myself for games, as it inevitably leads to disappointment, I'll stop tracking this game randomly then check around again randomly until release. This strategy also makes games releases seem to come a lot faster, the wait for Skyrim for example, seemed like nothing.

I agree man. I thought GTA IV was a much needed step into the next generation and it accomplished so much on a technical side that it made gameplay much better. SA fanboys will continue to cry about it even though SA was clearly inferior to GTA IV.

Anyways as for your system, I suggest getting into some other recent games until then. I just bought Hitman Absolution so I'm playing through that. I plan on picking up Assassin's Creed 3 pretty cheap tomorrow and eventually I'll get Black Ops 2. These 3 games alone should keep me busy for quite a while. I don't usually have the time to play a lot nowadays so I'm sure I can stretch it out to the point where I'll realize GTAV comes out the following week.

The worst part for me was last year after trailer 1.. we literally had a 9 month info drought not even knowing when the release was. In the summer there weren't really any good games to play so everything was just kind of slow. The next few months should go by a lot faster.

Oh don't worry, I play several other games depending on my mood. Just within the past month I've played, Skyrim, BF3, Border lands 2, then switched off too GTA IV, Forza Horizon, F1 2012, Sim City 4 Fight Night Round 3, <Still swapping between those 5 atm, will probably play Skyrim again soon, then BF3 and maybe some Dirt 3 randomly lol. And if a game I'm interested pops up, I'll buy it too. I didn't even know F1 2012 had already released when I decided I felt like playing an F1 game lol.

Gamerguymass posted...
95_Eclipse posted...

I refuse to believe that there are ET fanboys. For the game that is.

Back then, gamers weren't quite as generally stupid as they are these days. But I bet there was still some fanboys of it.

Btw, I still don't have any GTA DLC. I don't typically buy DLC.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\