Which GTA did/do you enjoy more?

#51holden4everPosted 11/26/2012 12:48:18 PM
i never ever said that i didnt like the driving....but nice job taking it out of context

i said that i didnt like the camera angle......anyone that has ever played gta 4 should know what i am talking about

i mean look at that....http://www.gamingtp.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/blog-gta4-driving.jpg.........this is the standard angle....you can see the whole mirror,wheel etc....on the left side but on the right side.... not so much

i dont know about you but when i am driving i generally dont look to the right....

You have a very good point but there's an easy solution - use the bonnet cam view. I never used the outside view because the camera swings too much and you can't be accurate and you end up fish-tailing. I never realised that the camera was also offf centre. It gets slightly better as you zoom out but that just makes the swing more pronounced. Hopefully they fix it in GTA5. Not that I'll ever use any other view but I know other people do.

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j137/holden4ever/GTAIV2012-11-27-6-32-41-145.png

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j137/holden4ever/GTAIV2012-11-27-6-32-47-70.png

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j137/holden4ever/GTAIV2012-11-27-6-32-53-763.png

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j137/holden4ever/GTAIV2012-11-27-6-32-58-482.png
---
http://thebulldogs.com.au/media/logo_2010.png - 2012 NRL Season: Minor Premiers. Grand Final runners-up. Bring on 2013.
#52nativenginePosted 11/26/2012 1:08:14 PM
creep50 posted...
Seven_K posted...
creep50 posted...
puffinslaughter posted...
not really i cant see that a game that cant get the camera angles right and where the characters sometimes falls just because you moved wrong to be a very quality game

and since san andreas pretty much just added on top of what gta 3 did...just like gta 5 is adding on top of gta 4...does that mean that gta 5 will be 创quantity over quality创

What's wrong with the camera angles? And when do the characters fall for no reason? I've never experienced either of those.

Compared to GTA III of course SA was quality as well as quantity, but compared to GTA IV it's only quantity. GTA V compared to GTA IV could be quality or quantity, or both. I don't know yet because the game hasn't come out. We aren't comparing SA to III, we're comparing it to IV.

创What's wrong with the camera angles创 ???? a joke right ever driven a car in that game its horrible

and the character has no balance at all...it enough for a car to touch him..

So falling over because "he moved the wrong way" really meant "he got hit by a car."

more like创 touched by a car创

Don't try and act like SA didn't have s*** like that happen. More times then I'd like to remember I'd get touched by a car and fall and have to sit there and watch my health drain away. How's about a plane spawning way too low and crashing into my car and dying right at the end of a long mission. SA was far more glitchy then 4
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
"Anderson should face two people next time, he's that good"
#53creep50Posted 11/26/2012 1:39:02 PM

Don't try and act like SA didn't have s*** like that happen. More times then I'd like to remember I'd get touched by a car and fall and have to sit there and watch my health drain away. How's about a plane spawning way too low and crashing into my car and dying right at the end of a long mission. SA was far more glitchy then 4

i am not talking about glitches here..the physics on the character you are using in gta 4 are WAAY overdone and he falls down way to much...this is something that RdR fixed and i am betting that gta 5 will to

and the planes have never crashed into my car and killed me in san andreas i find it hilarious that it happened to you...i have seen alot of crashing planes tho

but yeah san andreas does have its share of glitches...but i dont remember any that affect the gameplay
---
San Andreas > > > > > > > > >Desert Bus > > > > > > > >GTA 4
#54cartelwarlordPosted 11/26/2012 1:45:01 PM
Anyone else read it as which GTA ***** did you enjoy more?

And I was like, "Wasn't there only that purple one in San Andreas?"
#55LordPonchoPosted 11/26/2012 3:21:15 PM
creep50 posted...

i am not talking about glitches here..the physics on the character you are using in gta 4 are WAAY overdone and he falls down way to much...this is something that RdR fixed and i am betting that gta 5 will to

and the planes have never crashed into my car and killed me in san andreas i find it hilarious that it happened to you...i have seen alot of crashing planes tho

but yeah san andreas does have its share of glitches...but i dont remember any that affect the gameplay

I've never had this character falling down issue. Nor have I even heard of it. Well, except when drunk. But that's how it's supposed to be.

And the camera when driving was fine, much more functional than previous titles.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#56creep50Posted 11/26/2012 4:42:51 PM
LordPoncho posted...
creep50 posted...

I've never had this character falling down issue. Nor have I even heard of it. Well, except when drunk. But that's how it's supposed to be.

And the camera when driving was fine, much more functional than previous titles.

that has got to be a joke.....or pure fanboyism

the driving camera in gta 4 is the worst driving camera i have ever seen in any driving (or racing) game ever

even super mario kart has a better camera
---
#57professor_choasPosted 11/26/2012 4:42:57 PM
How did any of that not make sense? All of your complaints about GTAIV seem to stem around the fact that R* took a more realistic approach. From what I've read, you like your games over the top and cartoony. I don't know how you wouldn't like SR3.

As for the character comment, I'm pretty sure you said all the characters in 4 were boring. SA's cast was star studded and it felt like the characters were shaped off of the voices personality. Its not that hard not to like a character when they base him on Samuel Jackson. The characters in 4 actually had character and personality. Not saying SA didn't, but its easier(for me at least) to immerse into a game like GTA when the voice actors aren't so well known.
---
They see me trollin, they hatin
#58creep50Posted 11/26/2012 4:45:48 PM
professor_choas posted...
How did any of that not make sense? All of your complaints about GTAIV seem to stem around the fact that R* took a more realistic approach. From what I've read, you like your games over the top and cartoony. I don't know how you wouldn't like SR3.

As for the character comment, I'm pretty sure you said all the characters in 4 were boring. SA's cast was star studded and it felt like the characters were shaped off of the voices personality. Its not that hard not to like a character when they base him on Samuel Jackson. The characters in 4 actually had character and personality. Not saying SA didn't, but its easier(for me at least) to immerse into a game like GTA when the voice actors aren't so well known.

because you are making up what i do and dont like when you have no idea

that = not making sense
---
#59LordPonchoPosted 11/26/2012 5:45:36 PM
creep50 posted...
LordPoncho posted...
creep50 posted...

that has got to be a joke.....or pure fanboyism

the driving camera in gta 4 is the worst driving camera i have ever seen in any driving (or racing) game ever

even super mario kart has a better camera

It's extremely ironic that you call me a fanboy for saying that the camera is more functional than the game you've shown extreme fanboyism towards. IV's camera was much more free. SA felt like it was on a swivel and irritating at times.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#60professor_choasPosted 11/26/2012 6:32:11 PM
creep50 posted...
professor_choas posted...

because you are making up what i do and dont like when you have no idea

that = not making sense

How do I have no idea? All you do is talk about how much you don't like 4 and what you don't like about it. Just looking at what you don't like and why, it isn't hard to come to that conclusion.
---
They see me trollin, they hatin