I hope there isn't too much of the errand boy thing

#1shadyelfPosted 11/24/2012 8:54:59 PM
It got really bad in RDR. Vice City had the least errand boy feeling.

Now that we have multiple characters they can be mission givers for each other and we won't have to work for other people.
---
?
#2Ki_cat_Posted 11/24/2012 9:28:15 PM
Yeah, VC was more about what Tommy wanted opposed to "Listen to your new boss".
---
People are afraid of what they don't understand.
#3MrGazzoPosted 11/24/2012 9:29:02 PM
Fetch quests, if done properly, can be awesome and fun. But when every mission is a meaningless yet fun fetch quests, the you'll get skyrim
---
Haytham Kenway = Roger Moore
#4zombieNarutoPosted 11/24/2012 10:48:56 PM
Its not really the same for RDR. John had no choice but to what he was told. He needed information and help finding Bill and Javier. He could've easily just said no, seeing how he's a fairly intimidating fellow.
---
I r Ninja. I eat brains.
NOO! I DON'T WANNA EAT A GUITAR!!
#5ReDDevil2112Posted 11/24/2012 11:56:08 PM
Its not really the same for RDR. John had no choice but to what he was told. He needed information and help finding Bill and Javier. He could've easily just said no, seeing how he's a fairly intimidating fellow.

Doesnt matter what the reason is, he was still running other people's errands, and it still not a satisfying way to drive the action for the player.
---
Yo, ding-dong, man! Ding-dong! Ding-dong, yo!
#6dorkod_xPosted 11/25/2012 2:24:33 AM
The missions will probably be based off of each protagonist giving orders to each other. Add some other character-specific missions like Franklin's repo job and there you go.

Franklin = Steal some big rig to store bank money or something
Michael = Bribe some rich dude for weapons
Trevor = Steal a plane/heli, kidnap/kill certain people

my guess.
#7Mentalpatient87Posted 11/25/2012 8:22:21 AM
ReDDevil2112 posted...
Doesnt matter what the reason is, he was still running other people's errands, and it still not a satisfying way to drive the action for the player.

Speak for yourself. I've heard this "errand boy" gripe about every other game, and I have yet to be bothered by it.
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"
#8ReDDevil2112Posted 11/25/2012 8:27:10 AM
Good for you? Im just stating my own opinion, I didnt say every felt the same way.
---
Yo, ding-dong, man! Ding-dong! Ding-dong, yo!
#995_EclipsePosted 11/25/2012 8:27:46 AM
Mentalpatient87 posted...
ReDDevil2112 posted...

Speak for yourself. I've heard this "errand boy" gripe about every other game, and I have yet to be bothered by it.

You're probably just an errand boy.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
#10koyerricoPosted 11/25/2012 10:13:53 AM
Isn't that really what GTAs always been though? All you really end up being is a glorified errand boy...
---
-c0118oy-
Follow me @Collboyyyy