Better Radio plz, GTA 4's radio was garbage

#1Carpet_HeadPosted 11/25/2012 7:39:06 AM
I would sit and leave the radio for SA on just to listen to the silly stuff and good music, but tbh in GTA IV I would just turn it off. I dont remember anything from the radio in 4, because it was garbage.

I hope chatterbox comes back and is actually worth listening to.
---
TC has alzheimer.
Just one alzheimer?
#2puffinslaughterPosted 11/25/2012 7:54:42 AM
I just want that song about the worm that plays guitar back.
---
SEEING JACOBY JONES' QUALITY RETURN DONG EXTINGUISH THE STEELERS SPECIAL TEAMS UNIT REMINDS ME THAT OUR UNIT REALLY IS SPECIAL
#395_EclipsePosted 11/25/2012 7:59:11 AM
They did alright on the hiphop front. But the rest of the radio was lacking.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
#4Deadpool_FTWPosted 11/25/2012 8:36:58 AM
I liked Radio Broker and the Classic Rock station. That was it. I wouldn't mind some better tracks, either.
---
OBJECTION!
My common sense is tingling!
#5nativenginePosted 11/25/2012 8:59:47 AM
People keep saying the radio was bad but I thought it was fine. Not great like VC or SA but still solid. People seem to forget that VC and SA were set in a time period. Time periods most of us lived through and grew up with that music. Same cant be said about GTA4, which took place in modern time and modern music will almost always suffer from "not my taste"itis. But Tuff Gong, LRR, Radio Broker, The Vide, Beat, JNR and The Journey all had great tracks. Throw in the DLC and the radio only got better and the songs added to the main game.
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
"Anderson should face two people next time, he's that good"
#6NavexPosted 11/25/2012 9:43:15 AM
BS, there was a lots of variety and some real gems in IV. No **** you can't top the 80s deatured in VS and VCS but IV had some great songs throughout all the stations. I really liked the Vladivostok one in particular, discovered some really cool bands through that one. The rock station was nice but as a metalhead too I was pretty disappointed with Hardcore as much of that stuff in there I'd hardly consider metal, think whoever was in charge of setting up that playlist obviously didn't know what they were doing with it.
---
The Jess Margera Rock Radio Show
7PM-8PM EST every Wednesday night on PoochFM.com
#7Mentalpatient87Posted 11/25/2012 9:53:11 AM
There's only ever been one or two radio stations that I listened to in GTA games, give or take a talk radio station. 4 had LRR and LCHC, so I was fine with it. They all get old and turned off after a while. Maybe it's me, but hearing the same commercials, DJ clips, and songs gets tiring fairly quickly.
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"
#8StarGoyPosted 11/25/2012 9:57:13 AM
GTA IV's radio wasn't garbage; 2006's music was...mostly.
#9LandfillAOPosted 11/25/2012 10:45:48 AM
Lynyrd Skynyrd is garbage? lol.
#10CaIiber345Posted 11/25/2012 2:59:59 PM
It's hit or miss for me.

As a metalhead, L.C.H.C. was garbage.

I've always loved the talk stations in GTA. I only listen to WKTT now. Integrity and PLR are annoying. Lazlow's schtick got old after I heard all of it.

I primarily listen to Electro Choc and Liberty Rock. And I'm not even that into Electronic (but I do like older House music) but they have some good songs.

The rest of the stations are okay, but nothing special. If I hear a song I like when I'm switching stations, I'll listen and then move on.

My favorite collective radio was in SA.
---
Awaiting: Far Cry 3, GTA V
Republican Space Rangers!