Internet.

#1ninjaman148Posted 11/25/2012 8:35:40 PM
I hope you have a computer in your house and you can fool around on the in-game internet like they did in GTA IV. Except you're in your own home rather than a damn internet cafe. Seriously, the last time I was in an internet cafe was in 2002.

They could parody Facebook, YouTube, common internet memes.

........ maybe parody GFAQS!!
---
Yo Buddy, Still Alive?
Rest In Peace - Our Beloved Dog Lukas (07-31-12) - Someday, We'll Meet Again On Rainbow Bridge
#2HoosierGuy88Posted 11/25/2012 8:46:15 PM
They said you'll be able to access the internet on your smartphone this time. If each character has their own house, I wouldn't be surprised if you could access it there as well. Except maybe Trevor, if he lives out in the middle of nowhere.

I was really surprised at the amount of effort they put into the internet in GTA IV. Especially when you consider that the majority of players won't even look at anything beyond what's required for the story to progress. But I would also like to see an expansive internet to return. I think a parody of Youtube could be hilarious.
#3CaIiber345Posted 11/25/2012 9:29:02 PM
HoosierGuy88 posted...
They said you'll be able to access the internet on your smartphone this time. If each character has their own house, I wouldn't be surprised if you could access it there as well. Except maybe Trevor, if he lives out in the middle of nowhere.

I was really surprised at the amount of effort they put into the internet in GTA IV. Especially when you consider that the majority of players won't even look at anything beyond what's required for the story to progress. But I would also like to see an expansive internet to return. I think a parody of Youtube could be hilarious.

I agree.

And that's why I sat down the other night and spent a lot of time on the Internet. Which in turn made me want more to do with it. It could be used for shopping for clothes, weapons, and cars, and missions associated with those. Like Character X wants a car, so you find one online and go meet the seller, and then steal the car from him.
---
Awaiting: Far Cry 3, GTA V
Republican Space Rangers!
#4GamerguymassPosted 11/25/2012 9:30:12 PM
If you are getting a smart phone in this game the best thing for them to do would be to allow you to take pictures and video with it to then upload the to the real youtube from your smartphone and/or home computer. Imagine seeing something funny in the game, like a shoot out or someone driving crazy and you film it with your phone then upload it to the real youtube for others to look at.
#5mfv12979Posted 11/25/2012 10:04:55 PM
i don't really see the point of internet in this game. in 4 theres hardly anything in there. can't even buy a car just for the heck of it. lol
---
copy ninja Kakashi has copied a thousand jutsu and i'm going to use them to their fullest Extent! - Kakashi Sensei Ep 266
#6CaIiber345Posted 11/25/2012 10:09:43 PM
Gamerguymass posted...
If you are getting a smart phone in this game the best thing for them to do would be to allow you to take pictures and video with it to then upload the to the real youtube from your smartphone and/or home computer. Imagine seeing something funny in the game, like a shoot out or someone driving crazy and you film it with your phone then upload it to the real youtube for others to look at.

This would be awesome. R* should have a section on their GTA site that's themed like real news websites where they ask you to upload your own photos and footage of things.

At the very least I really just want to have a gallery again, like we did in SA. And a massive amount of storage in it. I'd spend hours just taking pictures in SA.
---
Awaiting: Far Cry 3, GTA V
Republican Space Rangers!
#795_EclipsePosted 11/26/2012 11:51:53 PM
You can access the internet in the "middle park east safe house".
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
#8FatalFraggerPosted 11/27/2012 12:10:53 AM
It would be nice if they had GPS and other features on the phone, as well. One of my favorite things about GTA Chinatown Wars is using a smart phone on my iPhone. It is strange to think about.
#9agentspoonPosted 11/27/2012 3:54:29 PM
It would be nice if they had GPS and other features on the phone, as well. One of my favorite things about GTA Chinatown Wars is using a smart phone on my iPhone. It is strange to think about.

Phoneception?
---
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!
#10TRC187Posted 11/27/2012 5:20:28 PM
agentspoon posted...

Phoneception?

Haha.. Nice

What about, a phone, within a phone, within a phone... Oh yes, 3 times... Thats called, iphone limbo baby.