RC cars/planes/choppers

#1DarkchocolateXPosted 11/26/2012 2:44:42 AM
Anyone miss those? I would love to have em back. I myself race with my RC nitro cars almost every week '1/10 nitro competitions'.

My Nitro car:
http://i50.tinypic.com/jpftph.png

Goes about 130kmph/ 80 mph.
---
Woman: Does this make me look fat? Al Bundy: It's not the dress that makes you look fat it's the fat that makes you look
#2thedeparted94Posted 11/26/2012 3:36:33 AM
One of my favourite missions in vice city was the RC plane one, where you had to blow up the boats in a drug deal.

equally my least favourite mission of all time has got to be the RC chopper blowing up the construction site
---
<PSN> britz02
#3Part3Posted 11/26/2012 4:07:00 AM
Remember on SA when you had to shoot the invading planes for that nerd in his shop?

Not that.

But the other stuff, yeah.
---
---
TIG - i like cartyooons
#4shadyelfPosted 11/26/2012 8:57:14 AM
I want RC planes but make them drones with missiles.
---
?
#5madgreg666Posted 11/26/2012 8:59:43 AM
dude brushless is where it's at now.... my buddy runs a mamba monster with 6 cells in his buggy.... it's too fast. Plus it gets 30+ min. run time. Dont get me wrong I love the smell and sound of nitros ( your car rules btw.... I with I had somewhere to run an on road like that) but this thing has so much power with 0 tuning and maintenance.

I'd love for them to bring back the Zero RC missions, but I always thought it took away from the feel by keeping the 3rd person camera.... It just felt like driving a mini car or plane. Needs a fixed camera like RC pro, or first person
---
XBL: madgregXTX
2009 Yamaha Nytro XTX - 1750miles - Wheres the snow? Not in New England anymore!
#6DarkchocolateX(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 6:13:00 PM
madgreg666 posted...
dude brushless is where it's at now.... my buddy runs a mamba monster with 6 cells in his buggy.... it's too fast. Plus it gets 30+ min. run time. Dont get me wrong I love the smell and sound of nitros ( your car rules btw.... I with I had somewhere to run an on road like that) but this thing has so much power with 0 tuning and maintenance.

I'd love for them to bring back the Zero RC missions, but I always thought it took away from the feel by keeping the 3rd person camera.... It just felt like driving a mini car or plane. Needs a fixed camera like RC pro, or first person

I've driven a few brushless, The thing is i don't bother with it anymore is because its just missing something. I'll always be a nitro guy i guess. Also mostly i drive competition, from offroad to onroad and everyone has to be about even when it comes to engine power and mods.

Brushless and Nitro are pretty much even because much more power then alowed would make you crash/fly to much around the track anyway which costs a lot of time.

Also when it comes to tuning for a real race, it takes as much to get a brushless car set as a Nitro car. Everything changes each times from tire setup, diff gear oil setup to gear ratio's and shimming everything you can.

On-road its the same thing, more power then alowed will make you crash or spin around all the time.
---
Woman: Does this make me look fat? Al Bundy: It's not the dress that makes you look fat it's the fat that makes you look
#7not2farPosted 11/27/2012 4:09:45 AM
"My Nitro car:
http://i50.tinypic.com/jpftph.png"

Days of Thunder?
#8DarkchocolateX(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 7:52:54 AM
not2far posted...
"My Nitro car:
http://i50.tinypic.com/jpftph.png"

Days of Thunder?

Got that right, i've had a Superflo styled body before but that one got wrecked when somebody T-boned my car when i got spinned around, Next time i'll make a City Chevrolet body.
---
#9TRC187Posted 11/27/2012 1:38:06 PM
DarkchocolateX posted...
Anyone miss those? I would love to have em back. I myself race with my RC nitro cars almost every week '1/10 nitro competitions'.

My Nitro car:

I got into RC truck/car thing back in the day. After about 4G's in motors, parts, servos, tierods, radios, etc... I got smart. Money pits!!!. It was fun when it was running good, but there was always something wrong.
#10DarkchocolateX(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 11:02:45 AM
TRC187 posted...
DarkchocolateX posted...

My Nitro car:

I got into RC truck/car thing back in the day. After about 4G's in motors, parts, servos, tierods, radios, etc... I got smart. Money pits!!!. It was fun when it was running good, but there was always something wrong.

Thats why with RC things you either need a lot of money or skills to repair stuff yourself. Sometimes both.
---