The main characters should be customizable

#11Poundx2Posted 11/26/2012 8:27:29 AM
There's also the whole VA thing. Think about Shepherds voice. It was, really, whiny and nasal. Like Bill Maher's wimpy kid brother. Now, customize your character to be a hulking scarred up terror. A visual representation of the word "menacing". The kinda image most NFL linebackers would run away from.

Now, imagine him speaking in Shepherds voice.

???

Doesn't work.

Sometimes you have to let them tell their story, and they need everything about their character, and it is "their" character, to fit the profile they have established. It's easier to sell the story when all the components match up. Not when the supposed Italian American gangster with a voice like Joe Pesci is running around looking like an African American Rodeo clown, or an Asian surfer.
---
I know what I did was wrong, but they were so pretty.
#12CruorComaPosted 11/26/2012 8:41:35 AM(edited)
Poundx2 posted...
There's also the whole VA thing. Think about Shepherds voice. It was, really, whiny and nasal. Like Bill Maher's wimpy kid brother. Now, customize your character to be a hulking scarred up terror. A visual representation of the word "menacing". The kinda image most NFL linebackers would run away from.

Now, imagine him speaking in Shepherds voice.

???

Doesn't work.

Sometimes you have to let them tell their story, and they need everything about their character, and it is "their" character, to fit the profile they have established. It's easier to sell the story when all the components match up. Not when the supposed Italian American gangster with a voice like Joe Pesci is running around looking like an African American Rodeo clown, or an Asian surfer.

What do you mean I'm funny? What do you mean, you mean the way I talk? What? Funny how? What's funny about it? What did ya say? Funny how? You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little ****ed up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to ****in' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?!
---
If you have a problem with potheads, throw your computer out the window right now. Why should you be able leech off the creativity of those you condemn?
#13Mentalpatient87Posted 11/26/2012 8:39:59 AM
Classic.
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"
#14nativenginePosted 11/26/2012 8:55:10 AM
No it wouldn't be awesome. GTA's characters have distinct back stories. It would directly effect the style of storytelling that Rockstar does with their characters.
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
"Anderson should face two people next time, he's that good"