So it looks like the game of the year for 2013 is definitely between...

#1darealest47Posted 11/26/2012 9:22:54 AM
...Grand Theft Auto 5 and Bioshock Infinite. Two larger than life games made by the programmers of legend. I know this is still 2012 and neither game is out but it is most likely that one of these two is guaranteed game if the year as both are one of the most critically acclaimed games of all time. So what game do you think deserves to be game of the year: Grand Theft Auto 5 or Bioshock Infinite?
---
won't change this sig until pittsburgh steelers gets their 7th ring
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2eVPxvaIzec
#2G-ZissPosted 11/26/2012 9:26:21 AM
GTA V is going to be way bigger than Bioshock Infinite. I don't think there's any question about it.
#3CruorComaPosted 11/26/2012 9:32:16 AM
G-Ziss posted...
GTA V is going to be way bigger than Bioshock Infinite. I don't think there's any question about it.

Yeah, on the tube, I couldn't find a single Bioshock Infinite trailer that had anything close to the 14 millions view of the GTA V trailer that's only a week old.
---
If you have a problem with potheads, throw your computer out the window right now. Why should you be able leech off the creativity of those you condemn?
#4puffinslaughterPosted 11/26/2012 9:32:53 AM(edited)
It'll probably be rewarded to whatever crap game the Call of Duty franchise regurgitates in like 4 months time.

Edit: Come on Coma, we could have had a STP!
---
"Its not like im speak like some brian dead 10 year old."- Pokefilm
Pittsburgh Steelers: 6-5
#5darealest47(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 9:35:40 AM
puffinslaughter posted...
It'll probably be rewarded to whatever crap game the Call of Duty franchise regurgitates in like 4 months time.

Edit: Come on Coma, we could have had a STP!

This is true as grand theft auto is probably the only game that's bigger than cod but bioshock is still the second highest rated game on metacritic. This one isnt going to have multiplayer so you know the single player is going to be amazing.
---
#6zack12369Posted 11/26/2012 9:36:22 AM
If you think quantity(views)>>>quality(quality), then slap yourself in the face right now. So what it doesn't have 14 million views. Hitler had millions of followers and he was an outstanding guy huh?
---
gt : z a c k t k.
hello.... im johnny cash.
#7Mentalpatient87Posted 11/26/2012 9:39:18 AM
See, when you're talking Game of the Year, people get confused. Some see it as top sales, others as which game serves on its own merit. The Spike VGAs are run by the former, as well as advertising dollars from EA.

We all know McDonald's is going to outsell five star fine dining by an order of magnitude, but that doesn't make it a better product, just more accessible.
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"
#8darealest47(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 9:43:03 AM
zack12369 posted...
If you think quantity(views)>>>quality(quality), then slap yourself in the face right now. So what it doesn't have 14 million views. Hitler had millions of followers and he was an outstanding guy huh?

In terms of sales I won't be surprise if gta5 blows bioshock away but in terms of quality both are indefinitely even
---
#9darealest47(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 9:44:34 AM
Mentalpatient87 posted...
See, when you're talking Game of the Year, people get confused. Some see it as top sales, others as which game serves on its own merit. The Spike VGAs are run by the former, as well as advertising dollars from EA.

We all know McDonald's is going to outsell five star fine dining by an order of magnitude, but that doesn't make it a better product, just more accessible.

Most games are rewarded for their quality not their quantity
---
#10FaYt2021Posted 11/26/2012 9:45:16 AM
G-Ziss posted...

In terms of Game of the Year, most sites really don't give a f*** about which game is more popular. Demon's Souls won for man sites a few years back, and not to many people ever heard of that game back then. It doesn't matter, they'll both be great games. Topics like these are only born from insecurity.
---
"When you're ready, please slap Mr. Flesh-Stick in his B**** FACE!" - Tiny Tina