So it looks like the game of the year for 2013 is definitely between...

#11CruorComaPosted 11/26/2012 9:54:11 AM(edited)
zack12369 posted...
If you think quantity(views)>>>quality(quality), then slap yourself in the face right now. So what it doesn't have 14 million views. Hitler had millions of followers and he was an outstanding guy huh?

Bad analogy, but no, I don't think that. It's just when I hear the term "Game of the Year" I generally think of sales since that, at least, is a definitive. The alternative, when you talk of quality, has no definitive because at least a dozen games will be named Game of the Year by some media outlet or other since there's no compiled census.
---
If you have a problem with potheads, throw your computer out the window right now. Why should you be able leech off the creativity of those you condemn?
#12NavexPosted 11/26/2012 9:52:46 AM
G-Ziss posted...
GTA V is going to be way bigger than Bioshock Infinite. I don't think there's any question about it.

---
The Jess Margera Rock Radio Show
7PM-8PM EST every Wednesday night on PoochFM.com
#13zack12369Posted 11/26/2012 9:53:34 AM
CruorComa posted...
zack12369 posted...
If you think quantity(views)>>>quality(quality), then slap yourself in the face right now. So what it doesn't have 14 million views. Hitler had millions of followers and he was an outstanding guy huh?

Bad analogy, but no, I don't think that. It's just when I hear the term "Game of the Year" I generally think of sales.

Typical... Quantity>>>quality for you then. Have fun with your cod.
---
gt : z a c k t k.
hello.... im johnny cash.
#14CruorComaPosted 11/26/2012 9:56:18 AM
zack12369 posted...
CruorComa posted...
zack12369 posted...

Bad analogy, but no, I don't think that. It's just when I hear the term "Game of the Year" I generally think of sales.

Typical... Quantity>>>quality for you then. Have fun with your cod.

Relax there, I'm sorry my misinterpretation offended you. For the record, I hate COD and indeed most FPS'.
---
If you have a problem with potheads, throw your computer out the window right now. Why should you be able leech off the creativity of those you condemn?
#15flipmode_1Posted 11/26/2012 10:15:56 AM
I'm sure both games will get GoTY from a handful of publications. There is no single site that reigns over all. Hell, Watch Dogs may even win GoTY from some places. The only GoTY that matters is your own personal favorite for the year.
---
GT-Flip Munk PSN-Flip-Munk
Favorites- (1)God of War Series (2)BioShock (3)The Warriors (4) Red Dead Redemption (5)TMNT TiT (6)GTA III
#16zack12369Posted 11/26/2012 10:20:16 AM
I think we can all agree that the GOTY will be the new lego game. It goes HAM
---
gt : z a c k t k.
hello.... im johnny cash.
#17darealest47(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 10:35:07 AM
flipmode_1 posted...
I'm sure both games will get GoTY from a handful of publications. There is no single site that reigns over all. Hell, Watch Dogs may even win GoTY from some places. The only GoTY that matters is your own personal favorite for the year.

This is true but only for the minority. The majority (the mass consumer) does care which game is game of the year and since both games are game of the year material it's always fun debating which game is going to win.
---
won't change this sig until pittsburgh steelers gets their 7th ring
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2eVPxvaIzec
#18damaccj5Posted 11/26/2012 10:42:10 AM
The Last of Us seems like a potential contender for Game of the Year.
#1995_EclipsePosted 11/26/2012 10:51:42 AM
darealest47 posted...
puffinslaughter posted...
It'll probably be rewarded to whatever crap game the Call of Duty franchise regurgitates in like 4 months time.

Edit: Come on Coma, we could have had a STP!

This is true as grand theft auto is probably the only game that's bigger than cod but bioshock is still the second highest rated game on metacritic. This one isnt going to have multiplayer so you know the single player is going to be amazing.

And what game happens to be #1?
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
#20flipmode_1Posted 11/26/2012 11:02:50 AM
darealest47 posted...
flipmode_1 posted...

This is true but only for the minority. The majority (the mass consumer) does care which game is game of the year and since both games are game of the year material it's always fun debating which game is going to win.

Going to win where though? I'm saying there are dozens of publications so chances are they're gonna win somewhere. So then are we arguing that one wins more GoTY awards than the other? And then even if they don't win they can just slap the words Game of The Year on the cover and package it with DLC. It just means nothing.
---
GT-Flip Munk PSN-Flip-Munk
Favorites- (1)God of War Series (2)BioShock (3)The Warriors (4) Red Dead Redemption (5)TMNT TiT (6)GTA III