Pre order at gamestop

#1mentallyfunny00Posted 11/26/2012 7:53:39 PM
I know this isn't the right place but does anyone know how long they will hold your copy after release? I was thinking about pre ordering this but if i have to get it within say 2 days i might reconsider pre ordering.
#2dreamtheater33Posted 11/26/2012 8:02:06 PM
48hrs
---
GameFaqs: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious
#3CaIiber345Posted 11/26/2012 8:02:38 PM
They hold it for 2 days, 48 hours. When I work on a Tuesday and Wednesday of release week, my game has always been there on that Thursday. I would make sure to get it by closing on Thursday. Otherwise they'll sell it on Friday.
---
Awaiting: Far Cry 3, GTA V
"Diablo. I hope that girl didn't give me the clap." -Luis Lopez, TBoGT, GTA IV
#4mentallyfunny00(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 8:16:40 PM
Oh well how crowed do you think the store will be on release?
#5DazedFallingPosted 11/26/2012 9:21:45 PM
They've held pre orders for me as long as a week after release
---
Uhhh... It's EXACTLY what it looks like.
#6CaIiber345Posted 11/26/2012 9:38:36 PM
^ The above two posts are based on the individual stores in question.

Many stores have a demographic. For example, my best friend managed a GameStop. In his store, you can't get a copy of Madden, GTA, CoD unless you reserve it. There are lines around the block at release for those games. But you could walk in on release day and pick up Bioshock: Inifinte with no problem. It comes down to what games/series do well in your local GameStop.

The GameStop I go to is 100% by the book. On Friday morning at 10:00 if someone walked in and asked for GTA V and mine was the last copy, they'd sell it in a heartbeat. There's one guy who is cool and would hold a game for me if he could, because I've been going there for a few years now, but the management there isn't having it. In other stores it might be no problem though. You have to go by the premise that they'll follow the rules. If not, it's likely you won't get your copy.
---
Awaiting: Far Cry 3, GTA V
"Diablo. I hope that girl didn't give me the clap." -Luis Lopez, TBoGT, GTA IV
#7puffinslaughterPosted 11/27/2012 3:53:57 PM
They'll hold it for you if they can, but if it comes down to it and they only have your reserved copy left to sell, they'll sell it. Get there within 48 hours for a guaranteed copy, or a little later for probably no copy.

I forecast that all the Gamestops will be packed on release day. Like, people camping outside the store packed. Except for maybe the Gamestops in Wyoming or some other empty state.
---
"Its not like im speak like some brian dead 10 year old."- Pokefilm
Pittsburgh Steelers: 6-5