About the multi-player

#1AxelPoePosted 11/27/2012 3:36:28 PM
Any word if it will be the free roaming madness that was 4?
And will it still have the same character customization from 4?
---
[{o}] Hope Never Dies [{o}]
#295_EclipsePosted 11/27/2012 3:37:42 PM
I seriously doubt they would remove free roam.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
#3LordPonchoPosted 11/27/2012 3:44:53 PM
First question, of course there will be frre roaming.

Second, I'lllet you know several months from now.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#4Dr_MojoPosted 11/27/2012 4:06:34 PM
Free Roam was ridiculously popular in GTA IV and Red Dead. Rockstar would be complete idiots not to include it in GTA V.
#5NavexPosted 11/27/2012 4:27:21 PM
Free Roaming killed IV's multiplayer in my opinion. Well, technically not killed it but it kinda ruined it in my opinion. IV had so many great game modes to play like Cops n' Crooks and Mafiya but in the end most flocked to free roam and left all these fun modes vacant save for the Race modes. Yeah, you'd get a session here and there but it was almost always the same group and there would never be more than one group doing a game at a time so if you weren't in that one you were out of luck until someone left.

However, go to free roam and you'd constantly see a packed game with people doing the same mind numbing things over and over again. To me free mode was entertaining the first few days I got IV and was testing the waters of multiplayer but that was it afterwards. To this day it's just the same crap - people randomly shooting each other with their little pistol wars, random car skirmishes, and 8 year old brats trying to talk smack. Boring. Yet somehow that mode alone is still active and people still insist playing it over the other great modes in the game ugh.
---
The Jess Margera Rock Radio Show
7PM-8PM EST every Wednesday night on PoochFM.com
#6zombieNarutoPosted 11/27/2012 11:47:55 PM
I admit that free roam is a little bland. It's good to pick up and play for a while, but it gets old rather quickly.

Some more things to do, or even multiplayer based objectives to do would be fun. Something like Burnout Paradise's online.

As for other game modes, I think Rockstar have stated that GTA5's multiplayer will blow the previous ones out of the water.
---
I r Ninja. I eat brains.
NOO! I DON'T WANNA EAT A GUITAR!!
#7TRC187Posted 11/27/2012 11:57:28 PM
Some of the best times I've had with IV are in free mode. Its strange to hear that some people don't like it.

I liked Deathmatch and Races too though, but in my mind nothing compares to free mode. Its just too funny, especially when you have a big, fun group.
#8AxelPoe(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 5:24:02 PM
This is the one thing that will sell it to me.
The city-wide open free-roaming multi-player madness!
And at least keep the same options to customization from 4.
---
[{o}] Hope Never Dies [{o}]
#9Mentalpatient87Posted 11/28/2012 5:33:56 PM
I like a good balance between game modes and free roam. If they implement free roam Heists or something (like Gang Hideouts) and other minigames to play right from the free roam session, I'll be hooked. I never did get to whoop some ass in horseshoes..
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"