Rebuy SA with updates graphics?

#31threedownPosted 11/29/2012 8:18:23 PM
as much as i enjoyed thay game, ive already experienced that story, id rather have new stories.
#32ReDDevil2112Posted 11/30/2012 12:53:57 AM
GTA IV felt much more "alive" than SA ever did.

In ways, but now that I'm replaying San Andreas, I forgot about some of the touches that they left out of IV. Such as being able to respond to random people on the street when they complement/insult you. Those are usually pretty funny. A homeless bum said my shoes were so ugly, I'd be better off barefoot like him. When I insulted him back, he got pissed off and tried to fight me. So I beat him to death!

Also, the cop chases. The citizen response thing I can kinda understand, since that was a very subtle touch where you could go the entire game and never notice it, but I cant fathom why R* left these cop chases out. (Were they in the game and I just didnt notice them?). I love the fact that cops are chasing people other than you. Sometimes you see a police helicopter flashing the search light on someone. Once I saw two motorcycle cops chase 3 guys in an SUV while they shot at the cops. The car ended up crashing and they got out; two guys ran off and were shot dead by the police while another got into a fight with the driver of the car he crashed into.

I think IGN mentioned, or at least implied, that these random police chases are coming back, and that makes me happy. It's always fun to follow those around and see how they play out, usually you get some interesting results. Add in Euphoria physics and whatever advancements V brings, and im sure it'll be even better. The detail in IV, especially in the environment, is pretty much unparalleled, and V will be a step up even from that.
---
Yo, ding-dong, man! Ding-dong! Ding-dong, yo!
#33Pr3dat0r23(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 4:57:07 AM
So what if it is outdated?
I still play NBA Street (the first one) and Dynasty Warriors 2 (from 2000) over the newest ones with "modern graphics and engines."

Those games remain the best games of their franchises, and to me they are probably 2 of the best games I have ever played - throw in SA into the equation as well.

Tweaking graphics would be enough for me to rebuy it, same story, same everything.
---
its only a matter of time before a cop runs over a bunch of pedestrians and unloads a hundred rounds
into a suspect then blames his actions on playing GTA.
#34Pr3dat0r23(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 5:06:38 AM(edited)
ReDDevil2112 posted...
GTA IV felt much more "alive" than SA ever did.

In ways, but now that I'm replaying San Andreas, I forgot about some of the touches that they left out of IV. Such as being able to respond to random people on the street when they complement/insult you. Those are usually pretty funny. A homeless bum said my shoes were so ugly, I'd be better off barefoot like him. When I insulted him back, he got pissed off and tried to fight me. So I beat him to death!

Also, the cop chases. The citizen response thing I can kinda understand, since that was a very subtle touch where you could go the entire game and never notice it, but I cant fathom why R* left these cop chases out. (Were they in the game and I just didnt notice them?). I love the fact that cops are chasing people other than you. Sometimes you see a police helicopter flashing the search light on someone. Once I saw two motorcycle cops chase 3 guys in an SUV while they shot at the cops. The car ended up crashing and they got out; two guys ran off and were shot dead by the police while another got into a fight with the driver of the car he crashed into.

About the random cop chases, they left those out of IV bc it just wasn't realistic for the setting (NYC).

In SA, there was a cheat, forgot the actual name but it basically converted everyone into those thugs (not gangsters like Ballas, or Reefa, etc) that shot at cops. The only cars on the street were Cops and those speeding thugs shooting back at cops. It was hella fun, especially when you throw in the lock wanted level so you don't get a wanted level when you shoot at someone or hit a cop.

Sometimes it would get to the point where there were 16 cops on foot out of there cars shooting at criminals. Or even 5+ cop cars chasing another car.

SA was too much fun, I gotta replay it with this cheat very soon for laughs.

EDIT: Don't forget the Recruit anybody cheat! Was always a kick to recruit either FBI Agents or the Military. Unstoppable lol.

---
its only a matter of time before a cop runs over a bunch of pedestrians and unloads a hundred rounds
into a suspect then blames his actions on playing GTA.
#35DruffPosted 11/30/2012 11:12:12 AM
ReDDevil2112 posted...

These are really rare, but they actually do happen in GTA IV once in a while. I mean there are cops chasing NPCs on foot constantly, but once in while there will be a car chase, or a shootout. Seriously rare though. I've played through the GTA IV single player from beginning to end probably something like 15 times by now, and I think I've seen two car chases happen in the background.

I acknowledge that they did leave out a ton of stuff when they went from SA to IV, and I can understand people being salty about it. But all in all I agree with the guy who said IV's Liberty City feels way more alive, than SA or any other previous GTA. I don't have a long list of reasons why, it's just the way they rendered and populated the city. Despite whatever cool little interaction UI they neglected to put in IV, it still feels more like a "real" city with "real" people in it to me. After playing IV, SA and all of the previous games felt like "LEGO Grand Theft Auto" to me.
---
Caution - You are approaching the periphery shield of Vortex Four
#36ReDDevil2112Posted 11/30/2012 11:22:56 AM(edited)
I think a large part of it is the design of the city itself, it has a whole lot of character and detail, and feels very lived in. Places look like real places. Previous GTA maps were always well done but I think R* really excelled in this regard in IV. The TV and internet added to the feeling that the world extended beyond what's right in front of you as well. Also there seemed to be more pedestrians doing a wider range of activities, and the "stranger" missions were an excellent touch.

That's interesting that you saw car chases though. I would've liked to see that, I played a lot and never did (and no, im not calling you a liar), though I would occasionally instigate a fight with a pedestrian and then dial 911 so the cops would come and kill him, which was always funny.
---
Yo, ding-dong, man! Ding-dong! Ding-dong, yo!
#37SuperNESGamerPosted 12/1/2012 11:24:11 AM
First I'd like to see how GTAV turns out. If it's anything like what it seems (SA-style diverse and open-ended gameplay with GTAIV-like updated graphics) - then I'll be ok with just that.
#38zeppelincheetahPosted 12/2/2012 1:33:40 AM
no. I like my original PS2 GTA tyvm. Though I did end up buying it for Xbox as well... I got carried away.
---
if you wouldn't mind i would like to lose
~ c h e e t a h ~
#39Perfect LightPosted 12/2/2012 6:33:48 AM
Hell no. San Andreas is the only GTA game I bought and never finished. The story was ridiculous and all over the place and I got sick of the "yo yo homie" all the time REALLY fast.
---
E . ` ' / . F Your tears fuel me.
#40enterthemadroxPosted 12/2/2012 12:53:07 PM
Pr3dat0r23 posted...
Just out of curiosity, would you guys rebuy San Andreas if it was "rereleased" with updated/modern graphics?

I know I would.

Nope, the game sucked first time round.

It'd be like buying an updated version of Gex or Superman 64.
---
Getting awfully tired of GameFAQs mods removing my posts for being "offensive" when I've done nothing wrong