I created a petition for GTA V...

#21ReDDevil2112Posted 12/3/2012 10:28:27 PM
It didn't sell well. People hadn't quite bought onto the DLC trend yet.

But you dont think the release of EfLC helped boost the sales of it quite a bit?
(I'm not asking sarcastically, im genuinely curious)
---
Yo, ding-dong, man! Ding-dong! Ding-dong, yo!
#22LordPonchoPosted 12/3/2012 11:56:13 PM
ReDDevil2112 posted...

But you dont think the release of EfLC helped boost the sales of it quite a bit?

We're talking about the period during the timed exclusivity. They didn't sell too well on Xbox Live Marketplace.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#23SiLVeR_420Posted 12/4/2012 11:58:26 PM
LordPoncho posted...
ReDDevil2112 posted...

We're talking about the period during the timed exclusivity. They didn't sell too well on Xbox Live Marketplace.

They didn't sell that well yes but they sold enough for it to be profitable.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#24buddhamonsterPosted 12/5/2012 10:16:59 AM
Hate to burst your bubble, but online petitions are worthless.

Rockstar is going to take the money, and they could care less if a couple hundred people put their name on a list saying they shouldn't...
---
Hey Trashcan Man! What did old lady Semple say when you burned her pension check?
Boston Bruins - 2011 Stanley Cup Champs!
#25Mentalpatient87Posted 12/5/2012 10:51:02 AM
buddhamonster posted...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-0q91HakM04Y/TfvgN7O27eI/AAAAAAAAAIA/27WMEgb7LOU/s1600/bears_repeating.jpg

Can amyone find me one online petition that ever accomplished anything?
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"
#26LordPonchoPosted 12/5/2012 11:18:19 AM
Mentalpatient87 posted...
buddhamonster posted...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-0q91HakM04Y/TfvgN7O27eI/AAAAAAAAAIA/27WMEgb7LOU/s1600/bears_repeating.jpg

Can amyone find me one online petition that ever accomplished anything?

Well. Dark Souls. But the developer also straight up said if they have proof that there's support for a PC version, they'll do it. So it was more of "we're considering it, tell us why we should" type of thing as opposed to this.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#27Mentalpatient87Posted 12/5/2012 1:01:21 PM
Fair enough, that kinda counts.
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"
#28rdnythesaviorPosted 12/5/2012 6:29:22 PM
ReDDevil2112 posted...
Are we pretending Undead Nightmare was anything more than a reskin of the original game?

It had a whole new story with new voice overs, cutscenes, new enemies and gameplay mechanics, new missions and a bunch of other stuff. What exactly made the GTA4 DLCs so much different?

Whole new story? Try 3-5 new cutscenes at best, a few lines of dialogue and horses with perks. The only reason it seems like you're getting more with UN is because it genuinely looked different. There were literally no missions in UN, just: Go here, fight zombies, listen to people, rinse, repeat, watch 15 second cutscene that barely explains anything.

UN was a small DLC that tricked people into thinking it was a huge DLC. To compare it to EFLC is ridiculous when you think about just how much new content was created for each of the IV expansions. New Missions with coherent stories, new dialogue for the radio personalities, new vehicles/weapons, new characters, I could go on well past my 4000 character limit on how much 'better' the Episodes were than Undead Nightmare, but I shouldn't have to. The fact of the matter is, Undead Nightmare was a reskin of RDR. Anyone who tries to deny that fact is pretty much blind.

That being said, I actually did enjoy UN. But it was nowhere near as big as TLaD or TBoGT, which supports my initial argument that we won't be seeing big DLC from any of Rockstar's current/future titles. GTA V included.
---
"I don't want to say 'I Told You So' ...so, Welcome to Miami!"
GT: rodneythesavior
#29DruffPosted 12/5/2012 6:32:18 PM
Even if petitions did work, they wouldn't work on Rockstar. They've gotten to where they are by literally doing whatever the hell they want and not giving the slightest f*** about what anyone thinks they should do or wants them to do. Including their fans.

Obviously they've tried to avoid actually breaking the law... unless they have to.
---
Caution - You are approaching the periphery shield of Vortex Four
#30LordPonchoPosted 12/5/2012 6:47:20 PM
rdnythesavior posted...
ReDDevil2112 posted...
Are we pretending Undead Nightmare was anything more than a reskin of the original game?

It had a whole new story with new voice overs, cutscenes, new enemies and gameplay mechanics, new missions and a bunch of other stuff. What exactly made the GTA4 DLCs so much different?

Whole new story? Try 3-5 new cutscenes at best, a few lines of dialogue and horses with perks. The only reason it seems like you're getting more with UN is because it genuinely looked different. There were literally no missions in UN, just: Go here, fight zombies, listen to people, rinse, repeat, watch 15 second cutscene that barely explains anything.

UN was a small DLC that tricked people into thinking it was a huge DLC. To compare it to EFLC is ridiculous when you think about just how much new content was created for each of the IV expansions. New Missions with coherent stories, new dialogue for the radio personalities, new vehicles/weapons, new characters, I could go on well past my 4000 character limit on how much 'better' the Episodes were than Undead Nightmare, but I shouldn't have to. The fact of the matter is, Undead Nightmare was a reskin of RDR. Anyone who tries to deny that fact is pretty much blind.

That being said, I actually did enjoy UN. But it was nowhere near as big as TLaD or TBoGT, which supports my initial argument that we won't be seeing big DLC from any of Rockstar's current/future titles. GTA V included.

I would take you seriously, then I saw your username. How many failed predictions have you made? Too many to count.
---