This game will be better than GTA IV.

#21LordPonchoPosted 12/2/2012 4:10:25 PM
There sure are a lot of creep50 alts online today. Must be feeling insecure that his opinion isn't very popular (nor rational).
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#22ill-thoughtsPosted 12/2/2012 4:19:18 PM
BOGT was better than GTA4 so as long as they improve on what made that game Awesome (Drug Wars) and bring back the TURF WARS, this game should be good fun....but it wont be groundbreaking in any way at all IMO.
---
i can now die a happy man http://youtu.be/jvC1q54tDGw
#23Dr_MojoPosted 12/2/2012 5:05:04 PM
GTA IV wasn't a bad game but it was a hugely wasted opportunity. They developed an amazing physics and graphics engine and then used it to make a game with dull, repetitive missions and side activities.
#24zombieNarutoPosted 12/2/2012 5:14:59 PM
I just love how a seemingly innocent topic will suddenly turn into the gta4 vs san andreas debate.
---
I r Ninja. I eat brains.
NOO! I DON'T WANNA EAT A GUITAR!!
#25IBKNAWTUPosted 12/2/2012 5:53:24 PM
LordPoncho posted...
There sure are a lot of creep50 alts online today. Must be feeling insecure that his opinion isn't very popular (nor rational).

Hurr durr anyone who didn't like GTA 4 is an alt of someone with an unpopular opinion.
GTA 4 was bad. I respect that other people enjoyed it, but personally that game wasn't worth the $3 I sold it for.

I feel like people only enjoyed that game because it was a GTA title, and that if the same exact game had been sold under a different name that not NEARLY as many people would have had fun with it.
---
Gabe: Reality has exiled you, you are no longer bound by its laws. - HoboSpartan
#26IBKNAWTUPosted 12/2/2012 6:05:00 PM
HoosierGuy88 posted...
IBKNAWTU posted...
creep50 posted...
every game is better than gta 4 ;-D

I concur. GTA4 was more bland than I ever imagined a game could be.

You haven't played very many games have you?

I have, however GTA 4 left a really bad taste in my mouth. It had serious potential, but fell drastically short of my expectations. In its defence I tend not to like 3rd person shooters, however I have loved every other GTA I've played so I of course felt extremely let down by GTA4's boring city environment, repetitive side quests, and lack of vehicles and weapons.
---
Gabe: Reality has exiled you, you are no longer bound by its laws. - HoboSpartan
#27ill-thoughtsPosted 12/2/2012 6:19:28 PM
GTA4 missed the mark by not using some of its multiplayer modes in the single player game....like Turf Wars...and Mafiya Work. with the gangs and mobs that were in the game, there should have been a constant Mob War feature and maybe even a Mob Economy where you could attack rackets and establish funds (think Godfather series). this is the ONLY place it failed at. if it had done these things, it would be THE GREATEST FREEROAM OF ALL TIME.
---
i can now die a happy man http://youtu.be/jvC1q54tDGw
#28Lord_Shadow_19Posted 12/2/2012 6:31:58 PM
I agree with the topic, not that GTA4 was by any means bad, but the Los Santos setting makes for a better, more diverse map in terms of locale, the greater range of usable vehicles is always a plus (yay jets), and the fact that the map itself is going to be over twice as large is just awesome to me since I love huge maps, especially if it has as much life as GTA4's map had (it may have been nothing but city, city, city, but it did feel alive which is what a lot of other worlds tend to lack).

I have no doubt that GTA5 will be better.
---
Need partner to carry me in RE6 mercenaries. PSN: Entropy19
#29creep50Posted 12/2/2012 6:33:09 PM
ill-thoughts posted...
GTA4 missed the mark by not using some of its multiplayer modes in the single player game....like Turf Wars...and Mafiya Work. with the gangs and mobs that were in the game, there should have been a constant Mob War feature and maybe even a Mob Economy where you could attack rackets and establish funds (think Godfather series). this is the ONLY place it failed at. if it had done these things, it would be THE GREATEST FREEROAM OF ALL TIME.

the game really needed a bigger weapon selection

14 weapons total (counting melee weapons) really??? where is the flamethrower???where is the remote mine??? minigun??

the game felt so empty
---
San Andreas > > > > > > > > >Desert Bus > > > > > > > >GTA 4
#30Lord_Shadow_19Posted 12/2/2012 8:01:44 PM
creep50 posted...
ill-thoughts posted...

the game really needed a bigger weapon selection

14 weapons total (counting melee weapons) really??? where is the flamethrower???where is the remote mine??? minigun??

the game felt so empty

TBoGT improved this by adding several more guns to the mix but they kept them exclusive to the dlc and didn't add them to the main game. One of my biggest issues was how they didn't let you use the dlc weapons and vehicles in the main game. Perhaps there wasnt any easy way for R* to integrate them (the dlc was seperate content and not on the GTA4 disk), but regardless, I really hope this doesn't happen in GTA5 if they add more weapons and vehicles in dlc content. I really wish IGN had asked them about this during their interview with Dan Houser.

Seriously, I have to debate between using Niko or Luis whenever I play the game because Luis gets the guns and the Vehicles (and some extra tv and radio stuff) while Niko gets to do more minigame stuff, shopping. Its kind of like playing Final Fantasy 9 again and comparing disk 4 to disk 3 where disk 3 lets you do more stuff but disk 4 has better gear.
---
Need partner to carry me in RE6 mercenaries. PSN: Entropy19