I would love to see the "community's game"

#1professor_choasPosted 12/2/2012 2:19:35 AM
I would love to see all of these 'ideas' that people having been throwing out put into a GTA or independent game. There have been quite a few topics about features people would want in 5 but I think an even better game would be all of these ideas thrown into one. I've seen one where you have a day job, one where you pay rent/mortgage, one where you get your own gas, one where you obey all traffic laws or get a ticket, and plenty more. I think this would be the best game ever because it simulates what we all do every day only now we're going to do it on our console. And while we're at it, let's just remove the story because with the massive amount of features there probably won't be room on the disc for a story. We'll have the game that best simulates real life and you'll create your own story. You start as an 18 year old fresh out of high school, get a job, car, and apartment. You go to work, pay your rent and utilities, pay your tags, insurance and gas, and while you're inbetween all of that, there can be an xbox in the game that your character can play to get away from 'real life' for a few hours. Then your character will go to sleep and get up and do it all over again. They could call the game "Real Life"

Thought?
---
They see me trollin, they hatin
#2NoVa540Posted 12/2/2012 4:23:50 AM
Yes.
---
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b362/I_AM_JASON/deliveries.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b362/I_AM_JASON/1153172275674.jpg
#3StarGoyPosted 12/2/2012 8:20:00 AM(edited)
The game's name would be Grand theft Lunatic: haircut bodybuilding pimp my horses, wing-suit edition, with dog and child-killing DLC. No story, just 45 hrs of killing and dressing up
#4thekosmicfool part 2Posted 12/2/2012 10:28:04 AM
professor_choas posted...
I would love to see all of these 'ideas' that people having been throwing out put into a GTA or independent game. There have been quite a few topics about features people would want in 5 but I think an even better game would be all of these ideas thrown into one. I've seen one where you have a day job, one where you pay rent/mortgage, one where you get your own gas, one where you obey all traffic laws or get a ticket, and plenty more. I think this would be the best game ever because it simulates what we all do every day only now we're going to do it on our console. And while we're at it, let's just remove the story because with the massive amount of features there probably won't be room on the disc for a story. We'll have the game that best simulates real life and you'll create your own story. You start as an 18 year old fresh out of high school, get a job, car, and apartment. You go to work, pay your rent and utilities, pay your tags, insurance and gas, and while you're inbetween all of that, there can be an xbox in the game that your character can play to get away from 'real life' for a few hours. Then your character will go to sleep and get up and do it all over again. They could call the game "Real Life"

Thought?

StarGoy posted...
The game's name would be Grand theft Lunatic: haircut bodybuilding pimp my horses, wing-suit edition, with dog and child-killing DLC. No story, just 45 hrs of killing and dressing up

So... you want a realistic, down-to-earth game... that's completely off-the-wall and swarming with magic robots?
---
gfaqs9...Never forget. Never forget.
#5StarGoyPosted 12/2/2012 11:34:49 AM
Replace "you want" with "some posters want".
#6professor_choas(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 11:37:11 AM
I don't want that game. I would just love to see it made by someone and see how good or bad it sells. Some of these suggestions are asking for damn near hyper reality. There was a post in the thread about speed limits where the guy was saying you get a permanent wanted system and using ski masks to hide your identity while committing crimes and a bunch of other nonsense. I saw a post in thread about having to fuel your vehicle where a guy described a mini game where you pretty much take the pump and refuel your vehicle. Even about going to the bathrooom.

Its almost like nearly evevrything from The Sims put into a GTA world with no direction or story of any kind. I would love to see how the world takes in a hyper reality game where you can do everything you're gonna do once you turn the game off.
---
#7ReDDevil2112Posted 12/2/2012 12:02:28 PM
Even about going to the bathrooom.

Im pretty sure that guy was doing the same thing you are.
---
Yo, ding-dong, man! Ding-dong! Ding-dong, yo!
#8CaIiber345Posted 12/2/2012 1:39:57 PM
Negative.

Definitely not in a GTA game at least.

And as someone who pays bills, rent, buys gas, groceries, does laundry, etc., I play games to escape from all of that.
---
Awaiting: Far Cry 3, GTA V
So, what games did you play today?
#9SuperNESGamerPosted 12/2/2012 3:22:02 PM
Seriously, no to the traffic ticket or bill paying things - I'd rather GTA focused more on open-ended than realistic gameplay. In other words, I'd rather see more enterable buildings, more weapons, and more mini-games than I would set routines that would limit your ability to explore around in the game.
#10professor_choas(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 3:57:25 PM
ReDDevil2112 posted...
Even about going to the bathrooom.

Im pretty sure that guy was doing the same thing you are.

If that means showing that adding too much realism to GTA isn't the way to go, then yes he was doing what I'm doing. You could call this a troll topic but I say its more showing people that all these ideas they want just takes the fun out of the game. We play video games to have fun and get away from real life. I play GTA to have fun in an open world and have the freedom to do what I want without the consequences of real life. That doesn't mean I want to gas my car or run from the police because I ran a stop sign or I was speeding.
---