A small little request

#11gen0c1de420Posted 12/4/2012 3:30:14 PM
Turner's are those cars in fast and furious, that is obviously what he meant.

/stupid joke
---
---aliens and the government cant read messages with dashes infront of them it confuses there softwear and makes it ignore them--tzar_666
GT R1cky Rampag3
#12gen0c1de420Posted 12/4/2012 3:33:52 PM
ReDDevil2112 posted...
I also want this and suggested it once. All you people griping about it using buttons, lol, all u gotta do is hold left or right to turn and they automatically come on, bingo. how's that, e'reone happy now?

By the time it registers you holding the stick, you would already be mostly completed with your turn, thus defeating the whole purpose of using a turn signal in the first place.

I suppose it can be automatic and follow the suggested route on the GPS, like how Burnout Paradise and (IIRC?) The Getaway does it. But really, I think this is still pointless.

well i would prefer a button but OG Driver did this exactly how i explained and it didn't defeat the purpose granted if you came to a complete stop at a light or stop sign.
---
---aliens and the government cant read messages with dashes infront of them it confuses there softwear and makes it ignore them--tzar_666
GT R1cky Rampag3
#13VG_SoldierPosted 12/4/2012 4:52:10 PM(edited)
He obviously meant to say turn signals. Big deal. Anyway; if it's automatic, why not? Then again it would seem kind of strange that your character would be pulling ridiculous evasion maneuvers and yet he'd be worrying about his turn signal, heh.
---
If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him. ---
In peace prepare for war, in war prepare for peace.
#14DruffPosted 12/4/2012 5:41:52 PM
nativengine posted...
Blinkers
Turn signals
Indicators

We have a winner.
---
Caution - You are approaching the periphery shield of Vortex Four
#15cheese_game619Posted 12/4/2012 6:11:22 PM
ahahaha turners what the f***
---
http://i.imgur.com/z68cb.png
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m070ogasVv1qeewbgo2_500.jpg
#16Dr_MojoPosted 12/4/2012 6:16:13 PM
Why do the Brits pick such weird names for things?

"Indicators" instead of "blinkers"

"Water Closet" instead of "bathroom"

"bonnet" instead of "hood"

etc.
#17CruorComaPosted 12/4/2012 8:32:24 PM
Dr_Mojo posted...

etc.

That's slightly xenophobic. One could just as well argue why Americans have randomly changed the words of a long established language. These names only sound weird because you don't live there, it's called cultural dialect.

I live in Australia and here we mostly use a British dialect, so we too use the terms "Indicator" and "Bonnet". Though we do use "Bathroom".
---
If you have a problem with potheads, throw your computer out the window right now. Why should you be able leech off the creativity of those you condemn?
#18cheese_game619Posted 12/4/2012 10:33:53 PM(edited)
blinkers sounds like the cutesy name your 5 year old came up with and you get them to say it in front of people so they can laugh and 'awww'
---
http://i.imgur.com/z68cb.png
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m070ogasVv1qeewbgo2_500.jpg
#19DruffPosted 12/5/2012 9:32:15 AM
CruorComa posted...
Dr_Mojo posted...

etc.

That's slightly xenophobic. One could just as well argue why Americans have randomly changed the words of a long established language. These names only sound weird because you don't live there, it's called cultural dialect.

I live in Australia and here we mostly use a British dialect, so we too use the terms "Indicator" and "Bonnet". Though we do use "Bathroom".

Then let's nuke Austrailier too!
---
Caution - You are approaching the periphery shield of Vortex Four
#20Mentalpatient87Posted 12/5/2012 9:47:18 AM
Druff posted...
nativengine posted...
Blinkers
Turn signals
Indicators

We have a winner.

This. They are, and have always been turn signals. They signal your turn.
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"