How Excited Are You For GTA5?

#1ill-thoughtsPosted 12/2/2012 4:16:10 PM
How Excited Are You For GTA5? - Results (144 votes)
SO EXCITED OMG BEST FREEROAM EVARRR!!!
59.72% (86 votes)
Excited, it will be a Fun Experience.
29.86% (43 votes)
Mildly Excited, it will be a decent freeroam.
4.86% (7 votes)
Not Too Excited, its basically GTA4 in LA, nothing special.
2.78% (4 votes)
im more excited for Watch Dogs.
2.78% (4 votes)
This poll is now closed.
im somewhere between 3 and 4, i think the game will be decent but i dont believe it will be GROUNDBREAKING in any way at all. the engine looks like GTA4's and the story seems more Wacky than Serious in certain parts. im curious to see what they can cram into current gen hardware and what modes will make it into the game. i really enjoyed the Drug Wars from Ballad Of Gay Tony so i hope we get random events like that with the heisting.....and also SPRAWLING TURF WARS WITH BALLERS AND VARGOS.
---
i can now die a happy man http://youtu.be/jvC1q54tDGw
#2nativenginePosted 12/2/2012 4:21:22 PM
A school girl going to see Justin Bieber isn't as excited as I am for GTA5. I'm feeling like I'm coming to the end of my gaming so this may be the last game I buy new and could even be the last game I buy ever. Started out gaming with Zelda way back in 89 and think this may very well be my finale. A good finale it will be
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
"Anderson should face two people next time, he's that good"
#3VG_SoldierPosted 12/2/2012 4:21:36 PM
It seems like the very excited option is there to make fools out of those that feel this game will be more than just another "fun experience".
---
If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him. ---
In peace prepare for war, in war prepare for peace.
#4threedownPosted 12/2/2012 4:32:49 PM
VG_Soldier posted...
It seems like the very excited option is there to make fools out of those that feel this game will be more than just another "fun experience".

i agree, whats up with that top option?
anyways, gta games are pretty much the only games i get excited about getting anymore, with the exception of rdr. and maybe grid 2, i like codemasters racing games.
#5ill-thoughts(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 4:35:42 PM
nativengine posted...
A school girl going to see Justin Bieber isn't as excited as I am for GTA5. I'm feeling like I'm coming to the end of my gaming so this may be the last game I buy new and could even be the last game I buy ever. Started out gaming with Zelda way back in 89 and think this may very well be my finale. A good finale it will be

thats interesting, i feel the same way. iv been gaming since the late 80's as well and it seems that games these days just arent INNOVATIVE enough to hold my interest. i havnt purchased One Game thats come out this year, everythings already been done. im buying FAR CRY 3 this week and thats only for the map editor feature. ill Never be done with gaming but something has to come out that REALLY captures my interest and is something i havnt seen done before.
---
#6nativenginePosted 12/2/2012 5:01:55 PM
ill-thoughts posted...
nativengine posted...

thats interesting, i feel the same way. iv been gaming since the late 80's as well and it seems that games these days just arent INNOVATIVE enough to hold my interest. i havnt purchased One Game thats come out this year, everythings already been done. im buying FAR CRY 3 this week and thats only for the map editor feature. ill Never be done with gaming but something has to come out that REALLY captures my interest and is something i havnt seen done before.

The only games I bought this year were Assassins Creed 3 and Halo 4. Halo 4 was because of friends and it SUX. I know I'll always game, I just feel like you, it's gotta be something big. I'm just done with the gaming I use to do. All night gaming parties, midnight release, I think after this I'm all done with that. I've found myself buying fewer and fewer games a year and playing older games, doing a GTA4 run but I've been doing a lot of retro games. I actually hooked up the SNES and N64 and been playing Mario 64 and A Link to the Past
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
"Anderson should face two people next time, he's that good"
#7CaIiber345Posted 12/2/2012 5:24:04 PM
I chose the first option, even though it makes people who are really excited for the game seem like...whatever people who talk or type like that are.

I've been gaming for about 30 years, since the Atari 2600. Of all the franchises I've played and loved over the years, nothing gets me as excited as a new GTA game does. Open world/free roam/sandbox is my favorite genre, in FP or TP. GTA V seems like it will be the biggest and most detailed to date. I hope that it delivers in content what it looks like its going to deliver in size. I just want a huge world that feels alive, and tons of things to do in it.

This is the first game I'll actually plan time off from work around.
---
Awaiting: Far Cry 3, GTA V
So, what games did you play today?
#8NutralguyPosted 12/2/2012 8:07:02 PM
nativengine posted...

Me too. I might sit back and wait for the next GTA, but that won't happen for a long, long time. And I don't see any other game I can get into, so it might be my last game. Maybe after GTA V comes out I can stop dreaming about the next game featuring Las Venturas.
#9TRC187Posted 12/2/2012 8:32:06 PM
nativengine posted...

This cracks me up, I've honestly had the exact same thoughts.

I pretty much play 2 or 3 games as it is anyways, GTA IV, Forza 4 & RDR, and I've thought to myself, I'm getting close to the end of my adult world of gaming, and what other game to finish strong on other than GTA V... Forza is pissing me off lately with their overwhelming greediness, and to be frank, I'm about done with it all.

I'm sure I'll play GTA V for a couple of solid years, but I won't be buying another Forza. So thats pretty much all she wrote.
#10ill-thoughts(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 9:53:47 PM
TRC187 posted...

I'm sure I'll play GTA V for a couple of solid years.

what exactly is it about GTA5 that makes you believe it will hold your interest for that long??
---