How Excited Are You For GTA5?

#21Lord_Shadow_19Posted 12/3/2012 10:32:36 PM
ill-thoughts posted...
thats interesting, i thought GTA4's single player was Painfully bare and lacked the features that were present in San Andreas that made it awesome. no gang aspect at all, no turf wars, no drug wars, limited hitman missions....it just completely dropped the ball in every way. i LOVEDDD the online and its what kept me playing on and off for 3 years. i would always go straight online whenever i turned the game on, i NEVER played the single player at all. Cops & Robbers, Mafiya Work and Turf Wars should have been Single Player Modes in the game, i dont understand why they left these modes Out.

for GTA5, it all depends on the features they add and how they work....if its turf war mode, it has to be consistant and challenging. if its heisting, it has to have variety and be fun each time like Drug Wars from BOGT. if they do these things correctly, the game should be A Fun Experience.....but overall, everything has been seen before.

There are things I miss from San Andreas such as the locales (I loved the variety compared to GTA4's city, city, and more city), planes, and the skill leveling. That said, eating and turf wars became such a pain, plus the driving and improvements to combat in GTA4 make it hard for me to go back to SA.
---
Need partner to carry me in RE6 mercenaries. PSN: Entropy19
#22ill-thoughts(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 10:56:33 AM
LordPoncho posted...
All the gang aspects were a pain in the ass. Not sure how you could miss being told every five.minutes that your turf is under attack.

the turf war mode gave you something to do outside of the main storyline, it was a game all on its own. most of my time with SA was spent cruising around making sure my turf was in order and bringing 7 guys to a turf war. ofcourse the mode could have been spruced up a bit: gangs should attack more often, their locations of attack should vary more.....but overall, if this mode is fleshed out more, it could be Phenomenal for players who just love to control turf. i LOVED it in Godfather 2, loved it in Scarface and would LOVE IT in GTA5.
---
i can now die a happy man http://youtu.be/jvC1q54tDGw
#23LordPonchoPosted 12/4/2012 11:27:26 AM
ill-thoughts posted...
LordPoncho posted...
All the gang aspects were a pain in the ass. Not sure how you could miss being told every five.minutes that your turf is under attack.

the turf war mode gave you something to do outside of the main storyline, it was a game all on its own. most of my time with SA was spent cruising around making sure my turf was in order and bringing 7 guys to a turf war. ofcourse the mode could have been spruced up a bit: gangs should attack more often, their locations of attack should vary more.....but overall, if this mode is fleshed out more, it could be Phenomenal for players who just love to control turf. i LOVED it in Godfather 2, loved it in Scarface and would LOVE IT in GTA5.

If you consider it a game on its own, you must really enjoy shallow experiences. Killing 3 waves of the same enemy in different, but generally similar locations is not my definition of a game or fun.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#24Mentalpatient87Posted 12/4/2012 12:14:19 PM
Oh yes, who couldn't love running across half the city to get rid of the one guy who decided to run AWAY from the fight, but counted as an enemy. And who could deny the joy of glitchy, overlapping territories. And let us fondly remember searching for half an hour for three nearby gangbangers in a certain zone, as they only seemed to spawn in twos for a while, not allowing you to even start the assault. All to shoot the same four to ten guys running in a line. Fun fun!

I ground out the gang missions 100% at my earliest convenience so I wouldn't have to bother with them ever again. I don't see how people can gnash their teeth about friends calling you on the phone, and then turn around and want to play babysitter landlord.
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"
#25LordPonchoPosted 12/4/2012 3:20:10 PM
Mentalpatient87 posted...
Oh yes, who couldn't love running across half the city to get rid of the one guy who decided to run AWAY from the fight, but counted as an enemy. And who could deny the joy of glitchy, overlapping territories. And let us fondly remember searching for half an hour for three nearby gangbangers in a certain zone, as they only seemed to spawn in twos for a while, not allowing you to even start the assault. All to shoot the same four to ten guys running in a line. Fun fun!

I ground out the gang missions 100% at my earliest convenience so I wouldn't have to bother with them ever again. I don't see how people can gnash their teeth about friends calling you on the phone, and then turn around and want to play babysitter landlord.

b-b-b-but I wanna bbe cool and edgy and go to such extremes as to say GTA IV is the worst game ever.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#26ill-thoughts(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 1:19:58 PM
...lots of people actually Liked the turf wars though....and it looks like they might be bringing it back...
---
i can now die a happy man http://youtu.be/jvC1q54tDGw