GTA Vice City re-release?

#1G-ZissPosted 12/5/2012 6:36:50 PM(edited)
I read an article that said Rockstar is re-releasing GTA VC in celebration of the 10 year anniversary. Does anyone know which consoles/systems it's going to be available for?

Also, what about San Andreas? Is that available on XBL?
#2HoosierGuy88Posted 12/5/2012 6:42:03 PM
It will be available for select IOS & Android devices. I haven't heard anything about San Andreas.
#3DruffPosted 12/5/2012 6:48:32 PM(edited)
It should be hitting PSN soon, but it's not going to be the new Anniversary release. Just a "PS2 Classics" dump of the original version like they recently did with GTA3. They were both re-rated for PSN earlier this year at the same time so it's gonna happen.

EDIT: Oh and SA has been on XBL for a long time. Sure looks like ass on an HDTV though.
---
Caution - You are approaching the periphery shield of Vortex Four
#4enterthemadroxPosted 12/6/2012 4:01:23 PM
Don't give a damn about that crappy SA game but I do wish we had VC on a newer console so I don't have to try and find a PS2 to play my original copy on.

The achievements would be great too if it was an XBLA game.
---
Getting awfully tired of GameFAQs mods removing my posts for being "offensive" when I've done nothing wrong
#5ReDDevil2112Posted 12/6/2012 10:51:55 PM
As stated, Vice City anniversary is for iOS and Android, comes out today I believe. HD graphics, but dont expect any changes to the actual game. It's just really sharp and runs very smooth now.

As for San Andreas, nothing confirmed, but that'll probably also get re-released for phones on it's 10 year anniversary, considering that it was already done with both III and VC and I see no reason R* would break the trend (unless VC absolutely bombs or something, which I highly doubt).
---
Yo, ding-dong, man! Ding-dong! Ding-dong, yo!
#6SeminolehitmanPosted 12/7/2012 9:33:26 AM(edited)
enterthemadrox posted...
Don't give a damn about that crappy SA game but I do wish we had VC on a newer console so I don't have to try and find a PS2 to play my original copy on.

LOL VC was the best for sure, but SA was FAR from crappy. I bet you thought GTA IV was just great huh?

EDIT: I am not trying to be a prick just I have found most people who disliked SA thought IV was great. I am on the opposite side of that, I think SA was great and IV sucked.
---
Some people say a cucumber taste better pickled
#7DruffPosted 12/7/2012 11:08:18 AM
Seminolehitman posted...
enterthemadrox posted...

LOL VC was the best for sure, but SA was FAR from crappy. I bet you thought GTA IV was just great huh?

EDIT: I am not trying to be a prick just I have found most people who disliked SA thought IV was great. I am on the opposite side of that, I think SA was great and IV sucked.

That seems pretty true to me too. I don't hate SA, but it's my least favorite. It's the only GTA that started to bore me before I finished it. It's an awesome technical achievement that they made such a big game in 2004, but for me bigger size didn't mean bigger fun. I've always felt like a weirdo anomaly among the GTA fanbase so it doesn't really surprise me that my least favorite is by far the #1 fan favorite.

Whereas IV is definitely my favorite and I was happy that it was more of a back-to-basics return to form, far more similar to GTA 3 and VC, which I loved dearly.
---
Caution - You are approaching the periphery shield of Vortex Four
#8gamedude00000Posted 12/7/2012 11:54:53 AM
While I liked the story of VC more than the thug-life San Andreas storyline, I HATED the city of Vice City. It felt smaller than any of the other games, backed up by the fact that the first island had an obnoxiously large beach.
---
Now Playing: Dishonored, Black Ops 2, Guild Wars 2, War Z
Gamefaqs Ancient Rank Reached 12/01/2011.
#9ReDDevil2112Posted 12/7/2012 12:46:24 PM
Yes, Vice City had the worst map of any GTA game by far IMO.
---
Yo, ding-dong, man! Ding-dong! Ding-dong, yo!
#10gamedude00000Posted 12/7/2012 12:58:30 PM
Just for clarity to put it into context....

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-dEGu8WsmRdg/T7pvtG3xo7I/AAAAAAAAAE4/YLuP3zXlyVI/s1600/gta-vice-city_map.gif
---
Now Playing: Dishonored, Black Ops 2, Guild Wars 2, War Z
Gamefaqs Ancient Rank Reached 12/01/2011.