I hope this plays like Far Cry 3

#41professor_choasPosted 12/7/2012 9:43:30 PM
GTA will never be a first person game. If it was, it wouldn't be GTA. Even if they went the way of Mirror's Edge the game would still be better in third person. There are plenty of first person open world games out there. Why would R* venture into that territory when they've been making great third person games since GTAIII?

It would be nice if there were first person views for all the vehicles in game. That's about the only 1st person anything that should be added.
---
They see me trollin, they hatin
#42ill-thoughtsPosted 12/7/2012 11:54:12 PM
lol i actually kind of agree with the guy and see his point. iv always Loved the first person view when you get into a cab in GTA4....it would be interesting to just walk around that way.....i for one would use that view probably 95$ of the time.....as long as i can see my body :l

but this and Far Cry 3 should NEVER EVER be compared, bro.
---
i can now die a happy man http://youtu.be/jvC1q54tDGw
#43AwesomePS3gamerPosted 12/8/2012 8:09:59 AM
Rockstar already said they will never make a first person view for GTA or release a FPS, so stop trying, the third person view is superior anyway, check this link if you don't believe me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockstar_Games#Company_goal

"In October 2011, Rockstar creative vice president Dan Houser told Famitsu that Rockstar is intentionally avoiding developing in the first-person shooter genre."
#44y0urm0msBFPosted 12/8/2012 1:04:07 PM
AwesomePS3gamer posted...
Rockstar already said they will never make a first person view for GTA or release a FPS, so stop trying, the third person view is superior anyway, check this link if you don't believe me.

"In October 2011, Rockstar creative vice president Dan Houser told Famitsu that Rockstar is intentionally avoiding developing in the first-person shooter genre."

Yes I have read this. But I thought he said that already in 2009 or 2008. Things change.

Of course if GTA became an FPS it would be a totally different game. But it would perfectly be possible to make GTA play in FIRST PERSON and not be a shooter.

Correct me if I am wrong but already now you can change your viewpoint with a button (not just in driving) , so why not add a first person VIEW? Now if they add a totally sexy and beautiful woman as protagonist I would be all up for 3rd person view again.
---
Some rockets turn faster than others, depending upon the trajectory. In this case it is going to go almost straight up until it is out of sight.
#45LordPonchoPosted 12/8/2012 1:45:06 PM
y0urm0msBF posted...

Yes I have read this. But I thought he said that already in 2009 or 2008. Things change.

Of course if GTA became an FPS it would be a totally different game. But it would perfectly be possible to make GTA play in FIRST PERSON and not be a shooter.

Correct me if I am wrong but already now you can change your viewpoint with a button (not just in driving) , so why not add a first person VIEW? Now if they add a totally sexy and beautiful woman as protagonist I would be all up for 3rd person view again.

It's a company goal. A highly regarded one.

That would be like Target deciding to turn into a restaurant and leaving retail.behind.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#46Dr_MojoPosted 12/8/2012 1:48:27 PM
Call of Duty is seriously ruining the gaming industry.
#47hakmiyaPosted 12/8/2012 7:52:50 PM
y0urm0msBF posted...

It's a company goal. A highly regarded one.

That would be like Target deciding to turn into a restaurant and leaving retail.behind.

Not if its optional.

It would be more like target adding a fast food restaurant inside its locations.
#48whiteboygenePosted 12/9/2012 9:01:22 AM
"no random encounters like RDR but an alive world like FC3"

RDR has a much, much more "alive" world than FC3, and those are my two of favorite games EVER. You sound like a fool!
---
Chairman of the Correct Opinion Board.
"Your still a psychopath Whiteboygene" -Offworlder1
#49nativenginePosted 12/9/2012 9:11:05 AM
whiteboygene posted...
"no random encounters like RDR but an alive world like FC3"

RDR has a much, much more "alive" world than FC3, and those are my two of favorite games EVER. You sound like a fool!

He's just a troll whiteboygene, he's got 5 alternate accounts in this topic alone and is a known troll from the MW3 boards. Not even a good one either. He is a fool, you nailed that one right on the head my friend.
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
If you think cartoons are crazy now, remember Street Sharks was a thing in the 90's
#50Duffy12323Posted 12/9/2012 9:35:05 AM
I hope this game is absolutely nothing like FC3.