Random Altercations in the Street.

#1ill-thoughtsPosted 12/7/2012 4:10:04 PM
id love to just go walking down the street and see 2 guys in a heated arguement and one of them just pulls out a gun and shoots the other one down....or a girl breaking up with her boyfriend at a bus stop....or a guy being beaten in an alley and robbed. i liked the random cop/criminal chases in GTA4 but MORE RANDOM CRAP should be in this game.

what are some random events you would like to see???
---
i can now die a happy man http://youtu.be/jvC1q54tDGw
#2Pfr ChaosPosted 12/7/2012 4:17:38 PM(edited)
I would like to see carjackings return, I know they could happen in GTA III but not in GTA IV from what I remember.
---
meh
#3ill-thoughts(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 4:25:45 PM
Pfr Chaos posted...
I would like to see carjackings return, I know they could happen in GTA III but not in GTA IV from what I remember.

GTA:SA had the car jackings, yeah....i would have LOVED those in GTA4 and BOGT....they definitely need to come back. id love to be in downtown LA and just get pulled out of my car by some crazy white guy with a gun.
---
#495_EclipsePosted 12/7/2012 4:57:26 PM
Pfr Chaos posted...

Yeah, I was just talking about that on my trip to Dallas, the car jackings in GTA III made sure to catch you slipping lol.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
#5GamerguymassPosted 12/7/2012 7:13:10 PM
What I'm hoping for most with an open world game like this, and all open world games in general really, is to not have the world revolve around me. It really does defeat the point of open world when none of the npcs/mobs/enemies interact with each other at all and everything focuses on you. This hasn't really been a big problem in the GTA games, but it would be nice to see some more interactions between npcs that don't involve you.

I don't know if the 360 can handle the whole game world running at the same time, but if it could then it would be pretty awesome for car chases or bank robberies to take place in sections of the city when you aren't even there so maybe you could stumble onto it or hear about it on the radio. This would be pretty cool if they could do that instead of the normal way of crimes not even starting until you are within that area of the city.

Another thing that would be nice is for the pedestrians to say more random crap. There was a lot of this in GTAIII but it seemed like there was less and less of this in the following games. All I know is that it is forever stuck in my head that guy from GTAIII yelling out on the sidewalk "My mothers my sister!"
#6holden4everPosted 12/7/2012 8:27:18 PM
Another thing that would be nice is for the pedestrians to say more random crap.

I remember following an NPC in GTA4 who was talking to someone on his phone about how his dealer had been busted and was was waiting to hear from him so he could buy something. It would be nice to hear something like that followed by a call from the dealer telling him to meet somewhere. You could then tail him and watch the deal go down. Maybe the cops bust both of them or a shootout occurs.
---
http://thebulldogs.com.au/media/logo_2010.png - 2012 NRL Season: Minor Premiers. Grand Final runners-up. Bring on 2013.
#7ShmayJ209Posted 12/7/2012 10:06:49 PM
" GIVE ME YOUR WALLET!"
---
Here's hoping i wont get banned...........again
#8professor_choasPosted 12/7/2012 10:18:55 PM
Pfr Chaos posted...

A guy stole my car in IV. I had it parked outside of the first apartment you get and I had just saved. I came back out and a cop was chasing a guy and he got into my car and took off. That's when I learned about holding the exit button when getting out of a car and locking the doors. Only seen it happen once though.
---
They see me trollin, they hatin
#9GamerguymassPosted 12/7/2012 11:12:41 PM
Another thing I just thought of that I would like to return is being able to ride on cars/trucks. You could do this is past games but in IV the person either just sat there not driving anywhere or you would fall off the back of the car. I remember playing San Andreas you could jump on top of cars and basically just stand/crouch there and get a ride around the places. It was pretty fun, then if you shot your gun off they would freak out and just speed off. It sucked you couldn't do that in IV, and even more annoying that you fell out of the back of pick up trucks which was just disappointing.
#10ill-thoughts(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 12:22:29 PM
Gamerguymass posted...
Another thing I just thought of that I would like to return is being able to ride on cars/trucks. You could do this is past games but in IV the person either just sat there not driving anywhere or you would fall off the back of the car. I remember playing San Andreas you could jump on top of cars and basically just stand/crouch there and get a ride around the places. It was pretty fun, then if you shot your gun off they would freak out and just speed off. It sucked you couldn't do that in IV, and even more annoying that you fell out of the back of pick up trucks which was just disappointing.

I always fell off the trash truck in Gta4....I thought it was advertised that you could ride them at some point, I guess not O_o

in real life, car surfing would probably get you stabbed lol.
---