Based on recent events, how much controversy do you think this game would get...

#31wwervinPosted 12/21/2012 10:32:53 AM
The head of the NRA actually went in front of an audience today and said several idiotic things. One of which was to put blame on violent games and movies. It seems like they're basically pointing fingers and saying "anything but us!" These are the biggest advocators of private ownership of guns, and when someone goes crazy and mass murders children, they attack video games and movies for it. Unbelievable.

Anyway there's no way this will affect GTA V in any way, but it still annoys me when people try to make this connection. There's really no correlation between violent games/movies and shootings. If that were the case then we'd all be in trouble after the millions and millions of CoD sales that happen every year, and we'd all be screwed every time a new action movie comes out. When will people just learn to take ownership and stop blaming everyone else?
#32Mentalpatient87Posted 12/21/2012 3:31:24 PM
wwervin posted...
The head of the NRA

Ugh, the NRA has become less and less about guns and more about being a Right-wing mouthpiece. Would you expect nothing less than underhanded dishonesty and finger pointing?
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"
#33LordPonchoPosted 12/21/2012 4:12:24 PM
Mentalpatient87 posted...
wwervin posted...
The head of the NRA

Ugh, the NRA has become less and less about guns and more about being a Right-wing mouthpiece. Would you expect nothing less than underhanded dishonesty and finger pointing?

The ironic part is that the kid wasn't a very big gamer. He liked Star raft and that was about it. You can't exactly say Star raft is the most violent thing ever, and I wouldn't place the blame on gun control either.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#34tzar_666Posted 12/21/2012 7:47:26 PM
wwervin posted...
The head of the NRA

underhanded dishonesty and finger pointing. liberals call murder of unborn choice and sodemy alternative life style. obama blames the economy on bush 4 years later. were still at war in afganastan after obama promised he would end the war. or are those just lies.

happy jesus birthday
---
psn tzar666
xbox davethebakerx2
#35FunleashTheUryPosted 12/21/2012 11:33:40 PM
tzar_666 posted...
wwervin posted...
The head of the NRA

underhanded dishonesty and finger pointing. liberals call murder of unborn choice and sodemy alternative life style. obama blames the economy on bush 4 years later. were still at war in afganastan after obama promised he would end the war. or are those just lies.

happy jesus birthday

Did you just become a troll?

Because I recognize your username and I don't remember you trolling much before now. Maybe I just didn't notice.
---
HG FC: 2409 2404 4947
I <3 you.
#36LordPonchoPosted 12/22/2012 12:34:25 AM
FunleashTheUry posted...
tzar_666 posted...
wwervin posted...
The head of the NRA

happy jesus birthday

Did you just become a troll?

Because I recognize your username and I don't remember you trolling much before now. Maybe I just didn't notice.

No kiddin. So much finger pointing, so little factual information.

For your information, the economy started crashing before Obama started his campaign, so blaming Bush is very valid.

The war isn't something we can just back out of. It's an international conflict, many countries have troops in Afghanistan. With the US being the strongest involved, we naturally have to stick around as long as other countries stay, else we appear weak to other nations militarily.

Here's a tip I already suggested. Stop listening to the garbage we call news, and educate yourself. Don't be so simple and close-minded.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#37tzar_666Posted 12/22/2012 4:55:00 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#38michaelkennethPosted 12/22/2012 10:14:58 AM
Me and many of my friends' childhood are filled with GTA and other violence games. But none of us grew up and become a criminal.

See, it's not about gaming. It's about bad parenting
---
cmkps.deviantart.com
#39wwervinPosted 12/22/2012 11:26:07 AM
michaelkenneth posted...
Me and many of my friends' childhood are filled with GTA and other violence games. But none of us grew up and become a criminal.

See, it's not about gaming. It's about bad parenting

I was watching violent R rated movies since 3-4 years old. I still remember watching Stephen King's IT when I was about 4. I played violent games when I was very young too. I was desensitized to pretty much everything at a very young age. Fast forward to today, and I'm no psychopath. I'm a regular human being who would never hurt anyone unless I was being threatened. It all comes down to the whole nature vs nurture thing.

I strongly believe that there might be some people who it is just in their nature to be evil. On top of that, if you're raised by bad parents or in a bad environment then you learn to develop these things that make you into a bad person. I had a pretty good childhood. I wasn't spoiled but I wasn't denied anything either. I think it's very very stupid and close-minded to just attack video games and movies instead of taking responsibility for what really happened. We can't start censoring these things. All it will do is put us in a pit of oppression like China, where freedom seems to be frowned upon.

The NRA has a completely misguided conservative agenda and it seems like it's got its own head up its ass when it comes to these things. Instead of conceding that tighter gun control might actually help, they pointed fingers at everyone and everything but their own organization and guns in general. They actually talked about armed guards at every school. Talk about a futuristic dystopia.. their solution is literally to say "well if bad guys have guns, let's arm EVERYONE!" Yeah, that'll go over well.. It really makes me question their sanity.