No game will surpass GTA V next year. None. Not even in the next 5 years.

#1BeautyAndABeatPosted 12/17/2012 2:52:57 PM
Why? Simply because it's GTA.
And Rockstar lol.

GTA all day baby! Here I come!!! Ima bust a cap in all yo azzes. dayyyum can't wait til this game finally comes out!! ima show all a yall how to be a TRUE gangsta!

Oh btw, the characters in this game looks lame. Except the black guy. Seriously, who the **** wants to play as an ugly, old, balding drunk? Screw that **** homie. Black guy all day everyday!!

DAYYYUM!! and the MP is gonna be off da CHAINZ!!!! DAYUM!! gettin all excited just thinkin bout it!
#203343Posted 12/17/2012 3:00:10 PM
The old balding drunk will probably be the most fun to play as in my opinion, i see alot of funny moments occurring with him in the main story missions also according to game informer, he is the only one who will probably be able to fly all of the planes and helicopters since he was a pilot in a war.
---
GT- BlazeFire879
#3holden4everPosted 12/17/2012 3:05:26 PM
On consoles maybe but not when it comes to pc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhsgiliheP0
---
Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. I have no sympathy for anyone who takes the easy way out. It's selfish and cowardly.
#495_EclipsePosted 12/17/2012 3:11:30 PM
holden4ever posted...
On consoles maybe but not when it comes to pc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhsgiliheP0

I was just looking at that game the other day while looking for a space game to play when I am bored.

Might eventually buckle down and replace my PC. But only time will tell how good it is, PC games have a habit of not being as good as they should be.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
#5holden4everPosted 12/17/2012 3:24:49 PM
I've been thinking about reinstalling Freelancer with mods and playing through it again. It's been a few years since I have so hopefully there's some good ones. A Star Wars mod is a must.
---
Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. I have no sympathy for anyone who takes the easy way out. It's selfish and cowardly.
#6hellslavePosted 12/17/2012 3:31:49 PM
Surpass it in what way? Just being a GTA title doesn't automatically make it the end all, be all game of the universe. GTAIV is a great example. Being one of Rockstar's GTA entries didn't stop it from becoming one of the most overrated games (of its genre) to come out in years. Yes, V looks to be leaps and bounds better than IV, but that's not hard to do (see: GTASA).
---
Get MS Points just for using Bing!
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9778718&rrid=_050883a4-a571-6c14-7517-6035ff75eb68
#795_EclipsePosted 12/17/2012 3:43:33 PM
You know, time on this board has made me realize how heavily over rated GTA:SA is.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
#8VG_SoldierPosted 12/17/2012 3:45:34 PM
It's a fair bet not a single free roam on this generation will surpass GTA V. With that being said - come on. We've got the new consoles likely coming out in late 2013 so five years is saying a lot for that. I guess it's hard to say for sure, but with the new consoles very likely coming out about only a single year from now and five years being quite a long time we'll probably get something better whether it be from Rockstar or someone else.
---
If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him. ---
In peace prepare for war, in war prepare for peace.
#9LordPonchoPosted 12/17/2012 4:05:33 PM
95_Eclipse posted...
You know, time on this board has made me realize how heavily over rated GTA:SA is.

100% agreed. A great game is something I can go back to enjoy years later. I can't with SA. Not only was it meh then, but it's nigh unplayable now.

Yet, I can go back to games like Wind Waker and Metroid Prime and still have a blast. I expect the same of GTA IV.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#10cjjohnstonPosted 12/17/2012 10:41:16 PM
Dead Space 3 if you're a Dead Space fan. Dark Souls 2 at some point too.