What if R* next game was.

#1the_arisenPosted 12/17/2012 4:40:12 PM
What if R* next game after GTAV was Bully 2... How would you feel about that?? Personally I would love a new Bully game, set in the present, you could even touch on some of the subjects that have hit the news lately (see A. Todd and the horrible event in Conneticut) and of course the hero would help prevent these events
---
GT- Valo Drake
#295_EclipsePosted 12/17/2012 4:49:37 PM
Never really played the first one, so wouldn't care tbh lol.

As for the rest, eh. The CT shooting happened about 5-10 mins from my Grandparents house, I'm just glad all my little cousins up there are either in high school or out of school. Not really interested in that sort of thing going into a game.

Killing random pixel children based on fantasy (for example Skyrim children) would be ok IMO, but anything based on children (of that age bracket esp) from reality being killed, should never be placed into video games. I mean how would you make a challenged unless failing meant it happens in the game? So I simply disagree with any real life link to an elementary school shooting.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
#3VG_SoldierPosted 12/17/2012 5:10:11 PM
I never really understood the first one. It was like, while your character wasn't the nicest guy he went after the actual, mean bullies? Eh, it didn't really appeal to me. Don't get me wrong - I liked how the character wasn't a bully himself, however I still found the whole game to be strange and dull. I'd prefer if they didn't invest in that IP anymore.
---
If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him. ---
In peace prepare for war, in war prepare for peace.
#4the_arisen(Topic Creator)Posted 12/17/2012 5:30:47 PM
well you wouldnt actually be killing any kids. Beat up kids yes but not kill any kids. In the first game essentially your this kid that got sent to a private school due to acting out. You get there and its filled essentially with pyschopaths who get their kicks from physically and mentally tormenting the other kids that go there... wasnt a bad game imo, and I really enjoyed the fact that it was different from everything else out there, I enjoyed how even though it was a violent game no one died. Dont get me wrong I am no hippy (cept for the weed). I just thought it was a nice change of pace. Lol I must be the only one

Lonely... I am so lonely...
---
GT- Valo Drake
#5DruffPosted 12/17/2012 5:51:52 PM
Yeah I don't really get the Bully love. I played it. It was OK. Basically GTA in a school setting. I could definitely go the rest of my life without a Bully sequel and not give the slightest f***.
---
Caution - You are approaching the periphery shield of Vortex Four
#6nativenginePosted 12/17/2012 5:53:15 PM
Druff posted...
Yeah I don't really get the Bully love. I played it. It was OK. Basically GTA in a school setting. I could definitely go the rest of my life without a Bully sequel and not give the slightest f***.

Couldn't of said it better myself.
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
If you think cartoons are crazy now, remember Street Sharks was a thing in the 90's
#7Yo_BlazePosted 12/17/2012 6:54:21 PM
R* next game needs to be Manhunt 3.
---
NBA:OKC,CHI,MIA,DET
#895_EclipsePosted 12/17/2012 7:25:57 PM
Yo_Blaze posted...
R* next game needs to be Manhunt 3.

That's definitely a better option.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
#9joelanator0492Posted 12/17/2012 9:21:47 PM
This is crazy. Everywhere else I've ever read are only positive feelings about Bully. So I'm shocked to read the negativity towards it on this thread. I LOVED Bully and after selling it, I regretted it. I'd love a new Bully.
#10NutralguyPosted 12/17/2012 10:36:27 PM
To me, Bully was like a toned down GTA. It was fun enough to play, you couldn't steal cars or kill someone, but I loved the idea of shooting the jocks with a potato gun. Make that Prefects.