Could you even call LA Noire a R* game?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto V
  3. Could you even call LA Noire a R* game?

User Info: DboyC83

DboyC83
3 years ago#1
I don't.

But I did like the facial mo-cap action, if they could get that kind of stuff into the GTA franchise then I will understand the reason behind them publishing the game, otherwise I have no clue why they went with them and the only trace of R* I see in the game comes from the driving around and the car physics.
FACT: this is not an opinion.

User Info: Mentalpatient87

Mentalpatient87
3 years ago#2
That's probably because the game was developed by Team Bondi...
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"

User Info: Wolf_J_Flywheel

Wolf_J_Flywheel
3 years ago#3
i did just because
"I awaken. I consume oxygen, then bacon, eggs and black coffee, then my wife, then bacon." - Nick Offerman
http://i.minus.com/iRiu3PRI5vKfS.gif

User Info: shadyelf

shadyelf
3 years ago#4
They published it so they were involved a lot in advertising it and it was on their website hence why people feel it's a Rockstar game. They weren't involved in its development.
?

User Info: LordPoncho

LordPoncho
3 years ago#5
By TC's logic, Bully, Manhunt, and Table Tennis aren't Rockstar games because you don't drive or do the things you do in GTA.
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800

User Info: UtterMoon

UtterMoon
3 years ago#6
Yes. Yes I could. Rockstar does more than just open world games. That table tennis game they did was pretty good..and I consider that a R* game as well. People had....very strange expectations for LA Noire, and a lot of these people obviously did not follow the games development. It was never..ever supposed to be like GTA.

User Info: DboyC83

DboyC83
3 years ago#7
I rented LA Noire and beat it, was definitely unique. I think heavy rain was better though
FACT: this is not an opinion.

User Info: tzar_666

tzar_666
3 years ago#8
thats ok people think fallout new vegas is a bethesda game
psn tzar666
xbox davethebakerx2

User Info: metallica1fan

metallica1fan
3 years ago#9
DboyC83 posted...
I rented LA Noire and beat it, was definitely unique. I think heavy rain was better though

This. And I personally wouldn't consider LA Noire a R* game either, basically for the fact that it was never a "creation" of a R* studio...
[As]sassin's [Cr]eed

User Info: flipmode_1

flipmode_1
3 years ago#10
If Rockstar developed L.A. Noire I would consider it a R* game. But they only published it so no. Everything visually did scream Rockstar to me though.
GT-Flip Munk PSN-Flip-Munk
Favorites- (1)God of War Series (2)BioShock (3)The Warriors (4) Red Dead Redemption (5)TMNT TiT (6)GTA III
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto V
  3. Could you even call LA Noire a R* game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived