GTA blamed by US Senator for Sandy Hook Shooting

#161LordPonchoPosted 1/1/2013 6:15:31 PM
DanseMacabreOG posted...
in 1989 i was in high school. we had a gun club. every boy i knew carried a knife. my best friend wore a trench coat.

You sound like you were a pretty cool cat.

At least he isn't going around making baseless accusations and assumptions.

I can only imagine how hard it must be for you yo keep a friend.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#162c13rocksPosted 1/5/2013 4:28:15 PM
My family is big into hunting though I myself am not. However I do own a couple guns of my own, I don't think on a daily basis that people with bust into my home to shoot me, but in the chance it does happen I want some protection, I don't want to just say "oh crap I wish I had a gun too bad they have been banned." Also my family plus others I know own semi auto assault rifles, they aren't stocking them up for an invasion from another country but merely for hunting or shooting for a hobby. Do you have to have an semi assault rifle? No, but we technically don't need alot of things in life to survive, but we have them for leisure or hobby.

Take away the guns then what happens when in the rare chance you need one to protect yourself from a criminal (who sure as heck didn't get the gun legally?) Just my two cents I'm not a gun owner fanatic I just think its pretty stupid when these types of things happen and everyone points the finger at something else. What about the actual person who fired the gun? All you hear is the cause is the need for more gun control, no more video games, violent movies, music etc.....
#163GamerguymassPosted 1/5/2013 5:53:34 PM
c13rocks posted...
Take away the guns then what happens when in the rare chance you need one to protect yourself from a criminal (who sure as heck didn't get the gun legally?) Just my two cents I'm not a gun owner fanatic I just think its pretty stupid when these types of things happen and everyone points the finger at something else. What about the actual person who fired the gun? All you hear is the cause is the need for more gun control, no more video games, violent movies, music etc.....

Thats exactly the point though, criminals CAN get the guns legally. When 40% of all guns are sold without a background check do you honestly think that no a single gun that was then involved in a crime was sold? The guy in Aurora bought his guns off the internet, with thousands of rounds of ammunition and full body armor.

I'm also just so sick of the "guns don't kill people, people kill people" cliche that the guns nuts always spout off when something like this happens. Yes people kill people, WITH guns. Its why guns were invented in the first place. Projectile weapons are move effective because you can kill something from a distance instead of needing to be within arm's reach. Any idiot can pull a trigger. That is literally the reason why armies switched over to guns. It took months to teach people how to use a bow/sword, and years for them to master it. It took about a day to teach someone how to loud the powder and bullet in a gun, it takes even less time now.

The reason why people are so anti gun is because it makes killing easier. The gun idiots like to claim that if you banned guns people would just find another way to kill others. An individual maybe, but not mass murder. During the same week of Sandy Hook a guy in China went into a school and stabbed 20 children. Same as the shooting. The only difference is that no one died in China. 20 kids stabbed, not one death. The same can't be said for what happened here. For those of you that think there will be people running around with knives if we ban guns, you are wrong. It has already been fairly well documented that the fact is most people just don't have the balls to stab someone to death. You have to be up close and personal. You have to look that person in the eyes and make the conscious decision to end their life. With a gun its not personal. You don't really look them in the eye, you point and pull a trigger, it doesn't really register with the human psyche the way a stabbing does.
#164DanseMacabreOGPosted 1/5/2013 8:49:07 PM

I'm also just so sick of the "guns don't kill people, people kill people" cliche that the guns nuts always spout off when something like this happens. Yes people kill people, WITH guns. Its why guns were invented in the first place.

Your opinion, as sound and level headed as it is, will only be shot down in a place like this.
#165LordPonchoPosted 1/5/2013 11:09:02 PM
DanseMacabreOG posted...

I'm also just so sick of the "guns don't kill people, people kill people" cliche that the guns nuts always spout off when something like this happens. Yes people kill people, WITH guns. Its why guns were invented in the first place.

Your opinion, as sound and level headed as it is, will only be shot down in a place like this.

It's no more level-headed an argument than yours is. (Aka, not at all).

View things from both sides with a neutral viewpoint, or withhold your opinion.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#166DanseMacabreOGPosted 1/5/2013 11:10:55 PM
LordPoncho posted...
DanseMacabreOG posted...

Your opinion is a neutral as Hitlers. Give me a f***ing break and get off your high horse already PONCHO.
#167LordPonchoPosted 1/5/2013 11:14:19 PM
DanseMacabreOG posted...
LordPoncho posted...
DanseMacabreOG posted...

Your opinion is a neutral as Hitlers. Give me a f***ing break and get off your high horse already PONCHO.

I didn't say have a neutral opinion. Reading sure is hard, isn't it?

And my opinion is from a neutral ground. Understanding both sides makes for a more valid argument. So far, all you've done is show how ignorant you are on the topic.
---
#168DanseMacabreOGPosted 1/5/2013 11:18:00 PM
LordPoncho posted...
DanseMacabreOG posted...
LordPoncho posted...
DanseMacabreOG posted...

I didn't say have a neutral opinion. Reading sure is hard, isn't it?

And my opinion is from a neutral ground. Understanding both sides makes for a more valid argument. So far, all you've done is show how ignorant you are on the topic.

And all you've done is act like a prick, the entire time. It doesn't even matter, someone like you has to be alone a lot. I just hope your passive aggressive snide ass remarks fill the void you obviously have somewhere in your sad existence.
#169DanseMacabreOGPosted 1/5/2013 11:20:52 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#170LordPonchoPosted 1/5/2013 11:32:38 PM(edited)
DanseMacabreOG posted...
On second thought, go die alone somewhere Poncho. With your Big Bang Theory box sets and Arcade Fire CDs.

I hate Big Bang Theory and don't even have a clue what the hell Arcade Fire is, but I'll take this as you giving up on your piss poor reasoning.

Also, lol, not alone, well, ever really. I spend several hours of my day with my girlfriend, the rest at college. Weekends are for gaming with friends or football. My existence is far from sad, I enjoy nearly everything in my life. I'm not a narrow-minded ass like you.
---