So since there's sharks...

#11Look_A_UsernamePosted 12/31/2012 10:31:43 PM
I posted this in the "GAMEStm preview." topic but,

Graphics wise...trust me, gta 4 is starting to look ancient. After playing games like Far Cry 3 for example it's easily noticeable that it's (at least)starting to show it's age in terms of textures.

With that being said, gta 4 came out in 2008, so there's NO way this game, can even just slightly have better graphics than 4. It's going to be a 5 year difference come 2013. There will be a noticeable improvement...RDR's wilderness looked beautiful, and still does to this day and that came out in 2010, and clearly THAT game looked leagues better than gta 4. At the very least, we can expect RDR's level of quality in graphics inside and outside of the city, but not gta 4's. Anyone who believes magazine pictures confirm the game looks less polished than the trailers or pictures released online would be a fool.

Besides, why are we talking about graphics when the article freak'n confirmed bears, bobcats and mountain lions? ;P

---
http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/zz329/TehAwsumDude/dealwithitspider.jpg
#12killa-dPosted 1/1/2013 11:19:27 AM
I personally hope they don't over-do it with the animals. What would be the purpose having as many animal types in RDR in a modern setting? You can't trade their parts, or use their skins for fur.I guess I'd be fine with any animal presence in the game as long as it's a proper amount. No RDR where every 5 minutes a cougar materializes and attacks you.
Same with the sharks, not sure how large the game world is, but it's safe to surmize it's nowehere near the size of the actual state of Cali. In fact the whole game world might be the size of one of Cali's actual cities. So I don't want to see 25-30 Great Whites patrolling the coast in this game. I 'm not entirely sure there are that many that patrol the whole coast of california in real life (at least at one time), 4 or 5 sharks, for such a scaled down version of the state would be fine.
#13OkayPlayer1Posted 1/6/2013 6:08:49 PM
^^^Tyere are at least 300 great whites patrolling Californian waters, and that's the lowest estimate.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2012/1024/California-shark-attack-Why-so-many-great-white-encounters-this-year
#14CharizardFangPosted 1/6/2013 7:17:30 PM
I just hope they fix the spawning. Some places in RDR were really bad with cougars and bears. I hate getting sucker punched by ninja bears who just happened to spawn off screen directly behind me, or when your taking your time riding around when out of nowhere your horse gets cougar'd.
#15Wolf_J_FlywheelPosted 1/7/2013 7:16:47 AM
killa-d posted...
I personally hope they don't over-do it with the animals. What would be the purpose having as many animal types in RDR in a modern setting? You can't trade their parts, or use their skins for fur.I guess I'd be fine with any animal presence in the game as long as it's a proper amount. No RDR where every 5 minutes a cougar materializes and attacks you.
Same with the sharks, not sure how large the game world is, but it's safe to surmize it's nowehere near the size of the actual state of Cali. In fact the whole game world might be the size of one of Cali's actual cities. So I don't want to see 25-30 Great Whites patrolling the coast in this game. I 'm not entirely sure there are that many that patrol the whole coast of california in real life (at least at one time), 4 or 5 sharks, for such a scaled down version of the state would be fine.

i will giggle at every animal that i hit that darts in front of my car on back roads
---
"I awaken. I consume oxygen, then bacon, eggs and black coffee, then my wife, then bacon." - Nick Offerman
http://i.minus.com/iRiu3PRI5vKfS.gif