Is that snow in the screenshot?

#11talk2billPosted 12/30/2012 12:11:53 PM
Not in that photo. He seems pretty comfortable in that car with its top down.
---
"Thank God, I'm no longer in someone's sig." ~ neokillr
#12pITUFo_cRUDoPosted 12/30/2012 12:12:24 PM
The idiocy, its jut too much...

The fact that the game is in los santos should be enough to tell you there won't be any snow in the streets. None, anywhere aside from the mountains, none. At least I hope not. That would be a huge fail on the devs part. Come on people!
#13flaminhawk(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2012 1:30:29 PM(edited)
oh crap, I really thought it looked like a layer of snow on the streets (on the sidewalk) :/.
The roof in the background also looked white enough for it to be snow (that is a roof, right? the slanted one, behind the bins.)

And I know that it would seem a bit weird with the local climate, but it is possible isn't it? Not a thought I would qualify idiotic in any case.

Edit: I am absolutely certain that snow in Los Santos is plausible >:(.
#14pITUFo_cRUDoPosted 12/30/2012 1:29:46 PM
flaminhawk posted...
oh crap, I really thought it looked like a layer of snow on the streets :/.
The roof in the background also looked white enough for it to be snow (that is a roof, right? the slanted one, behind the bins.)

And I know that it would seem a bit weird with the local climate, but it is possible isn't it? Not a thought I would qualify idiotic in any case.

Well if they're going for any kind of realism, no. it is completely idiotic to think snow will be in a recreation of los angeles. I've lived here my whole life and I can say for certain that it does not snow anywhere in the los angeles area aside from the mountains. Never has, hopefully never will. However, this is a game so maybe they'll suspend some reaism for people who like that sort of thing.
#15Mentalpatient87Posted 12/30/2012 5:15:55 PM
flaminhawk posted...

Nah dude, we're talking about the sunny West coast. That's just the bright sunlight washing out the sidewalk and stuff. Plus, as has been said, he's got the top down, and the guy way in the back to the right seems to be wearing a sleeveless white shirt.
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"
#16flaminhawk(Topic Creator)Posted 12/31/2012 4:02:23 AM
Mentalpatient87 posted...
flaminhawk posted...

Nah dude, we're talking about the sunny West coast. That's just the bright sunlight washing out the sidewalk and stuff. Plus, as has been said, he's got the top down, and the guy way in the back to the right seems to be wearing a sleeveless white shirt.

Okay, :/ , it's true that there would be more signs if there were snow in the picture lol, I give up on that being snow in the picture XD.

Even in the beginning I thought it may be just that, the colour being washed out by the Sun, I was just excited for snow in a game that isn't set to specific areas :p.

Hasn't there been snow in LA before? I mean, I've never lived in California before, so I definitely can't say that I know better that some of you who live there, so I hope you guys don't take it that way ^^.

I'm just sure I've heard of snow in LA, even if it is very rare :(.
#17nativenginePosted 12/31/2012 8:13:39 AM
flaminhawk posted...
Mentalpatient87 posted...
flaminhawk posted...

Okay, :/ , it's true that there would be more signs if there were snow in the picture lol, I give up on that being snow in the picture XD.

Even in the beginning I thought it may be just that, the colour being washed out by the Sun, I was just excited for snow in a game that isn't set to specific areas :p.

Hasn't there been snow in LA before? I mean, I've never lived in California before, so I definitely can't say that I know better that some of you who live there, so I hope you guys don't take it that way ^^.

I'm just sure I've heard of snow in LA, even if it is very rare :(.

According to the LA Almanac it snowed once in the last 100 years in 1932, about 2 inches.
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
If you think cartoons are crazy now, remember Street Sharks was a thing in the 90's
#18flaminhawk(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2013 4:40:07 AM
Aha! I knew it! ... even though it was a long time ago >_>.

I just looked it up, There was also a snowstorm in 1949, which was the biggest recorded, and "Since the 1949 storm, the downtown Los Angeles weather station has recorded snow only six times—and not once since 1962."

http://www.lamag.com/citythink/citythinkblog/2012/12/18/citydig-a-snowstorm-in-los-angeles-its-happened
http://www.laalmanac.com/weather/we17.htm

So yeah, even though it is possible for snow in Los Angeles, it's not something I'd expect, after looking at that stuff lol.
#19Wolf_J_FlywheelPosted 1/3/2013 12:48:42 PM
talk2bill posted...
Not in that photo. He seems pretty comfortable in that car with its top down.

because he's a real person
---
"I awaken. I consume oxygen, then bacon, eggs and black coffee, then my wife, then bacon." - Nick Offerman
http://i.minus.com/iRiu3PRI5vKfS.gif
#20ILikesCheesePosted 1/3/2013 3:00:48 PM
flaminhawk posted...

Stay in school.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?