storing cars

#1llkopPosted 12/30/2012 5:47:46 PM
didn't like 4's system at all, my cars were forever being pushed out by the traffic system clearly written by an imbecile who doesn't drive, and has no knowledge of traffic flow, but that's a different rant.

anyways, i think a garage system like sleeping dogs would be good.
i think it works well, and you could have access to all your stored unique vehicles, no matter where you are on the map with no need to remember where the **** you parked them.

thoughts?
---
Thanks in advance, guys and galls ;)
Yours... Mr GrayZa
#2Mentalpatient87Posted 12/30/2012 6:12:02 PM
I like the Saints Row system for it. The question is, will all three characters share cars?
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"
#395_EclipsePosted 12/30/2012 6:25:52 PM(edited)
llkop posted...
didn't like 4's system at all, my cars were forever being pushed out by the traffic system clearly written by an imbecile who doesn't drive, and has no knowledge of traffic flow, but that's a different rant.

Ever been to NYC? lol, they did a fairly good job at recreating some of those morons down in there. I live 4 hours from NYC and go through there fairly regularly, so I've had the displeasure of seeing morons first hand.

In fact the dumbest accident I ever seen in my life was crossing the George Washington Bridge. Some genius decided he was going to be a D-bag and force his way in front of a car while in stop and go traffic

That car just so happened to be on a trailer that was attached to the U-haul truck in front of it. After a solid 45 seconds of the idiot inching in, the trailer went over top of the front of the idiots car.

THEN the guy jumps out and acts like it was the U-haul drivers fault, it was preposterous.

Aside from that I agree, I hate the storage system in GTA IV, one of its few major flaws. Cops were always stealing my cars -.-
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
#4llkop(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2012 6:35:43 PM
95_Eclipse haha brilliant.

so hopefully R* will sort it our for next time...

you hear that R*... take the hint...
---
Yours... Mr GrayZa
#5CoronelLinkPosted 12/30/2012 7:00:41 PM
In the Mafia II mission 'The Wild Ones', the hot rods stay exactly where you leave them, even if you go all the way on the other side of the map. Call me crazy, but I think it would be cool if GTA V had that.

At the very least, your current car should have this effect.
---
No givesies backsies!!
#6llkop(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2012 7:04:12 PM
also something to ADD whilst on the topic of cars

I'd like to be able to buy my OWN car, and be able to customize it, even just a little, so i have a sense of accomplishment, and ownership.
---
Yours... Mr GrayZa
#7brute_strengthPosted 12/30/2012 7:40:43 PM
Mentalpatient87 posted...
I like the Saints Row system for it. The question is, will all three characters share cars?

I love the SR system. Hopefully we will be able to safely store vehicles on a GTA game where the garages don't eat them.
---
U.S.A.F.
#8xPercivala2536xPosted 12/30/2012 10:04:47 PM
95_Eclipse posted...
llkop posted...

Ever been to NYC? lol, they did a fairly good job at recreating some of those morons down in there. I live 4 hours from NYC and go through there fairly regularly, so I've had the displeasure of seeing morons first hand.

In fact the dumbest accident I ever seen in my life was crossing the George Washington Bridge. Some genius decided he was going to be a D-bag and force his way in front of a car while in stop and go traffic

That car just so happened to be on a trailer that was attached to the U-haul truck in front of it. After a solid 45 seconds of the idiot inching in, the trailer went over top of the front of the idiots car.

THEN the guy jumps out and acts like it was the U-haul drivers fault, it was preposterous.

Aside from that I agree, I hate the storage system in GTA IV, one of its few major flaws. Cops were always stealing my cars -.-

When I was 19 me and my at the time girlfriend took a trip to NYC. Im from Georgia and drove my gigantic Dodge into the city, we were at a stop light somewhere off a bridge, not sure exactly(I hated it there). Anyways. It was red, I was stopped, and this tiny little Honda comes barreling down the road and skids into my back tires. Hard, enough to crush his hood a decent ways. I step out and look, no harm to my truck, hes under my tire a tiny bit. He gets out, this 30ish asian dude, drunk off his ass, and starts yelling and hollerin. I tell him its ok, he did no damage to my truck, sorry his car was totalled though, and he goes on about suing me for whiplash. I get out a piece of paper, I write down some scribbles and fold it up hand it to him. I told him there you go, I got back in my truck, and dropped it in reverse and backed up enough to do a little more damage to a lost totalled vehicle.im assuming he was pissed the next day when he sobered up to find a note saying Sober up in his pocket, and a crushed POS.
---
"I ran into a mexican dragon earlier, he used Unrelenting Force, but it came out TA COB ELL..." - blasterfaster443
#9jonnybravoPosted 12/30/2012 11:38:47 PM
I prefer to not have the "magic hat" gararge style. I like how SA did it when it didnt glitch a car into neverland, park a car in a garage you own and it stays .
---
Be on the look out for crop dusters.
#10MinunSSPosted 12/31/2012 7:58:36 AM
CoronelLink posted...
In the Mafia II mission 'The Wild Ones', the hot rods stay exactly where you leave them, even if you go all the way on the other side of the map. Call me crazy, but I think it would be cool if GTA V had that.

At the very least, your current car should have this effect.

Agreed, at least for those misions that "eat" your car by making you drive something else. If I race back to where I left it after the mission is over, it should still be there for a while.
---
Faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
Beware the voice without a face