storing cars

#11nativenginePosted 12/31/2012 8:11:43 AM
MinunSS posted...
CoronelLink posted...
In the Mafia II mission 'The Wild Ones', the hot rods stay exactly where you leave them, even if you go all the way on the other side of the map. Call me crazy, but I think it would be cool if GTA V had that.

At the very least, your current car should have this effect.

Agreed, at least for those misions that "eat" your car by making you drive something else. If I race back to where I left it after the mission is over, it should still be there for a while.

Agree with both these. This happens a lot in GTA and I'm a particular type of guy, I like certain cars, I like certain colors, now if I just spent a half hour driving in and out of the pay'n spray to get a specific color, god knows how long looking for the car itself, I'd like to be able to keep the f***ing thing instead of starting the search all over again.
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
If you think cartoons are crazy now, remember Street Sharks was a thing in the 90's
#12Mentalpatient87Posted 12/31/2012 9:38:30 AM
jonnybravo posted...
I like how SA did it when it didnt glitch a car into neverland, park a car in a garage you own and it stays .

Yeah, but then you have to deal with very finite garage space and the fact that whatever you stick in there you can't take out for fear of losing your valuable car.
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"
#13ZodofWarPosted 12/31/2012 3:21:56 PM
Mentalpatient87 posted...
jonnybravo posted...
I like how SA did it when it didnt glitch a car into neverland, park a car in a garage you own and it stays .

Yeah, but then you have to deal with very finite garage space and the fact that whatever you stick in there you can't take out for fear of losing your valuable car.

But that's the thing. We all did that in GTA 3, Vice City, and SA. We'd put these cars in the garages and just forget about them. Need a car? Walk past your garage and steal a taxi. What was the point of having these garages and these cars if we never moved them?

I think each house should come with a respawning vehicle. The more expensive the house, the more expensive the vehicle. You also get a garage with maybe one or two spaces so you can hide some car you'll probably never actually take anywhere.

What I want to know, is if I can have someone come pick me up from somewhere, if I can't find a car. It didn't happen often in IV, but it happened enough to bother me.
---
Being Difficult is easy.
#14jonnybravoPosted 12/31/2012 3:22:51 PM
jonnybravo posted...

I like the potential loss of a good car , makes it seem even more valuable.
---
Be on the look out for crop dusters.
#15_172_Posted 12/31/2012 4:13:11 PM
Yeah they need to make cars more worthwhile to make it even worth saving them.. customization for a car that doesn't disappear when you're forced to take a different for a mission, or walk 3 blocks away from it. Making the cars NOT disposable would be another step towards gameplay immersion, and make garages something to be sought after and valued.
#16Lord_Shadow_19Posted 12/31/2012 5:42:06 PM
They should set up a way so that whatever car you save will just always spawn at your safehouse until you decide to save a different car.
---
Need partner to carry me in RE6 mercenaries. PSN: Entropy19
#17Mentalpatient87Posted 12/31/2012 6:25:33 PM
jonnybravo posted...

To the point where it's too valuable to drive. So you stick it in a garage. Now that garage is full. Rinse, repeat, and oh look! All my garages are full of cars that I want to keep, but want to keep enough that I can't take them out. So now I effectively have no garage space and small collection of vehicle shaped Fabergé eggs...

Whereas with the SR system, I can deck out a car, grab it from ANY garage (or have it delivered on the street) and tear ass, knowing I can recover my sweet ride whenever the mission inevitably makes me drive some van across town.
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"
#18nativenginePosted 12/31/2012 7:16:50 PM
jonnybravo posted...

To the point where it's too valuable to drive. So you stick it in a garage. Now that garage is full. Rinse, repeat, and oh look! All my garages are full of cars that I want to keep, but want to keep enough that I can't take them out. So now I effectively have no garage space and small collection of vehicle shaped Fabergé eggs...

Whereas with the SR system, I can deck out a car, grab it from ANY garage (or have it delivered on the street) and tear ass, knowing I can recover my sweet ride whenever the mission inevitably makes me drive some van across town.

First part made me laugh my ass off and is so f***ing true.
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
This space available for purchase
#19VG_SoldierPosted 1/1/2013 1:10:46 AM
All I'm saying is that I'm going to totally flip out if I can't get a car elevator by the end of the game.
---
If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him. ---
In peace prepare for war, in war prepare for peace.
#20-Morbid-Posted 1/5/2013 3:11:30 PM
They just need to make an "owned" vehicle feature that you can tag a car with. They could limit it to one or two cars at a time and allow you to switch them as you find a car you like better of course, but once it is tagged as "owned" it will not disappear no matter how far away from it you drive or where you go for a mission.

That way you can leave it behind to drive a car in a mission, leave it someplace safe if you know there is going to be trouble ahead, or park it someplace so that you can get to it later during a planned escape or something.

Would be also nice to maybe have a "trademark" car, kind of like Johnny's bike in TLaD. It could just spawn outside your safe house, even if that isn't terribly realistic. Looks like we might have something like that, with the one character's sports car (Audi R8 looking thing) that is in his driveway.