I'd be pissed if a couple of Gucci Mane's tracks aren't in GTAV

#51Startech_ViperPosted 1/12/2013 8:44:39 PM
TRC187 posted...
nativengine posted...
R0N1N187 posted...
Okay, list your top three songs by Eminem or Dr. Dre and I'll flop them over with my top 3 Gucci Mane songs.

I'm sure you could, because in your clouded, decade old mind you think he's the best, which any self respecting rap fan wouldn't even put him in their top 30, hell, Gucci wouldn't make it in my top 100. The best Gucci man song isn't as good as the worst Eminem song.

This, all day this.

Prob is, people (kids) now days don't listen to lyrics, it's all about bass lines and synthesized sounds.. Which requires ZERO talent. The talent is in the lyrics, and the ability to tie and flow it all together. You honestly can't even compare an artist like Tupac to a bubblegum rapper like Gucci, it's insulting for real artists.

Gotta disagree with you there. Putting a beat together does require talent. Producers spend a lot of time making beats and wouldn't release them if they were genuinely horrible (by that, I mean NOBODY would listen to it).
---
If he had a gun, we would have took a picture of him shooting...TARGET PRACTICE!!!
#52TRC187Posted 1/13/2013 1:12:06 PM
Startech_Viper posted...
TRC187 posted...
nativengine posted...
R0N1N187 posted...
Okay, list your top three songs by Eminem or Dr. Dre and I'll flop them over with my top 3 Gucci Mane songs.

I'm sure you could, because in your clouded, decade old mind you think he's the best, which any self respecting rap fan wouldn't even put him in their top 30, hell, Gucci wouldn't make it in my top 100. The best Gucci man song isn't as good as the worst Eminem song.

This, all day this.

Prob is, people (kids) now days don't listen to lyrics, it's all about bass lines and synthesized sounds.. Which requires ZERO talent. The talent is in the lyrics, and the ability to tie and flow it all together. You honestly can't even compare an artist like Tupac to a bubblegum rapper like Gucci, it's insulting for real artists.

Gotta disagree with you there. Putting a beat together does require talent. Producers spend a lot of time making beats and wouldn't release them if they were genuinely horrible (by that, I mean NOBODY would listen to it).

Now days, I understand time is spent to develop a "catchy" beat that gets the mainstream masses to bite... But honestly, given the right equipment and hardware, most people can do that. My point is, when a person can truly, artistically rhyme and flow, they don't need a beat, they're creating the beat with words..
#53CADE FOSTERPosted 1/13/2013 3:41:30 PM
2 chainz and mgk should be in there
---
http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s416/Arianfoster/katy-perry-1.gif
http://i.imgur.com/hUMY8.gif
#54LordPonchoPosted 1/13/2013 3:53:28 PM
Startech_Viper posted...
TRC187 posted...
nativengine posted...
R0N1N187 posted...

This, all day this.

His point was that the talent actually required to make music isn't produced by the musician themselves.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#55puffinslaughterPosted 1/13/2013 5:27:23 PM
2 chainz and mgk should be in there

THIS

QUALITY CADE FOSTER POST
---
pearl jam's for middle aged guys driving SUVs to their weekend softball game~ManOnBench
http://i49.tinypic.com/20l12ld.png~grape_purple ^_^
#56darealest47Posted 1/13/2013 9:30:30 PM
Everybody's music sucks. You may not like Gucci mane but somebody else do. You may like eminem or wu tang clan but somebody else don't. The music that's beats all music is classical music. End of topic
---
won't change this sig until pittsburgh steelers gets their 7th ring
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2eVPxvaIzec
#57R0N1N187(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 10:53:15 PM
Lol
---
http://i.imgur.com/Ie4dx.gif
http://i.imgur.com/Ef88B.gif
#58A_Long_DecemberPosted 1/20/2013 2:58:33 AM
LordPoncho posted...
Startech_Viper posted...
TRC187 posted...
nativengine posted...
R0N1N187 posted...

This, all day this.

His point was that the talent actually required to make music isn't produced by the musician themselves.

His point was that, but he was also making a generalised statement about house/dance music being easy to make, which is completely untrue and a close minded view. In fact, it takes a lot of skill to create the kind of stuff that Max Vangeli, Alesso, Madeon et al make. And they also do write fantastic lyrics.
#59NOTORiOUS_X0042Posted 1/20/2013 3:36:18 AM
2chains stole juicemans flow..............
#60squdgyPosted 1/20/2013 3:47:35 AM
NOTORiOUS_X0042

Oh no, his trolling is spreading to other topics.
---
Sexuality, like time, is a circle, and if you go too far straight, you find yourself right back at gay again.- Robert Brockway