Will you go to the midnight release for gta5.

#41DoberBoiPosted 1/12/2013 7:57:11 PM
I RARELY do midnight releases because there's almost no point. Even if one place sells out of a game there's always another store with plenty just up the street. Retailers caught on to this fact which is why they try and give you incentives to preorder from them. Anyway the only times I've ever went to midnight releases were for:
GTA:VC-About an hour long wait
Super Smash Brothers:Brawl-Probably the longest line/wait time I've endured at 90+ minutes
Gears of War 2- wasn't much of a turn out for that and only had to wait 20 minutes
Halo Reach-Went to the Walmart release where they had multiple lines open. It also helped that most everyone else preordered from the Gamestop across the street :).
Max Payne 3-The GS near me was doing a midnight release for Diablo III or something only no one was there! I literally went in, got a copy of Max Payne 3 and walked out. :)

I would add to the list GTA;SA and Halo 2 but I worked at a GS at the time so it technically wouldn't count. Plus after the customers left, I just punched out and left with the respective game in hand. It might be interesting to attend the GTA V release if only for the spectacle of it but I doubt I'd even have the time.
#42NeoGeoXSegaPosted 1/12/2013 8:33:15 PM
HELL YES!
Best game in years will be worth it.
---
"gone are the days of creativity, and playing japanese games because you secretly wish you were japanese" -CinisterX
#43MinunSSPosted 1/12/2013 8:50:21 PM
I bought 4 later in the week - my 360 was being "refurbished". It would be another week before I got my 360 back and actually played it.

I'll probably buy 5 on my way home from work that day, unless they screw up the vehicle physics.
---
Faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
Beware the voice without a face
#44bantha_fodder50Posted 1/12/2013 10:06:24 PM
I most likely will go to the midnight release. My GameStop seems to be one of the rare "good" stores in the company so it's actually kind of nice getting there early and chatting with them.
---
If they don't kill you, they make you stronger. But usually they kill you.
RIP My Xbox 360, 2007-2010.
#45CoronelLinkPosted 1/12/2013 10:22:15 PM
SbrbnHstlr posted...
I use to go to midnight releases all the time.
Then I found a guy who sells the game a week prior to release.
Gravy

WTH?

Where do I sign up? :3
---
No givesies backsies!!
#46bantha_fodder50Posted 1/12/2013 10:36:26 PM
CoronelLink posted...
SbrbnHstlr posted...
Gravy

WTH?

It's too late. His guy already took an arrow to the kn--- *hurrgurk*
---
If they don't kill you, they make you stronger. But usually they kill you.
RIP My Xbox 360, 2007-2010.
#47DarkLordMorsulPosted 1/12/2013 10:37:35 PM
bantha_fodder50 posted...
I most likely will go to the midnight release. My GameStop seems to be one of the rare "good" stores in the company so it's actually kind of nice getting there early and chatting with them.

My gamestop hired one of my old employees so I don't mind going when she's on otherwise the staff stinks
---
Skit Tells is Really good
#48SbrbnHstlrPosted 1/12/2013 10:59:06 PM
CoronelLink posted...
SbrbnHstlr posted...
Gravy

WTH?

No contract required. Just have to live in/near Toronto and own transportation preferably.
#49NOTORiOUS_X0042Posted 1/13/2013 8:30:44 PM
no, i am too afraid of being shot.