I hope this game will have funny talk radio

#1ChronoAcePosted 1/12/2013 8:58:36 AM
The talk radio in GTA4 was awful. A bunch of political **** I hear too much about in real life already.
#2Sword_of_DuskPosted 1/12/2013 9:08:35 AM
I still think Chatterbox in GTA 3 was the best. I lol'd so many times while listening to that.
---
"The angels have the phone box".
#3ChronoAce(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 9:41:50 AM
Sword_of_Dusk posted...
I still think Chatterbox in GTA 3 was the best. I lol'd so many times while listening to that.

Yeah, it was just goofy fun stuff. In GTA 4 they felt the need to be controversial for some reason.
#4Perfect LightPosted 1/12/2013 10:04:37 AM
They weren't being controversial, they were making fun of it. The same way Chatterbox made fun of the current news.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FyJoGXR__8 - New gaming series
My podcast: hulkshare.com/inferiorminds
#5nativenginePosted 1/12/2013 10:09:26 AM
How did I know the opening line was going to have GTA4 in it?
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
Elected Leader of the GTA5 360 board
#6Mentalpatient87Posted 1/12/2013 10:10:07 AM
Last time someone complained about the political talk radio it was because it hit too close to home. 4 did a great job of parodying scare-tactics news sources and bloated talking heads.
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"
#7ChronoAce(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 10:48:48 AM(edited)
Mentalpatient87 posted...
Last time someone complained about the political talk radio it was because it hit too close to home. 4 did a great job of parodying scare-tactics news sources and bloated talking heads.

I don't care about politics regardless of what side is being made fun of. If it was Liberal bashing instead of Conservative bashing it would have been equally as annoying. I don't remember the GTA 3 talk radio having politics involved in it.

I will admit the stuff about terrorism was pretty funny. All the other stuff felt like it was copy/pasted from off topic/political forums on the internet and put into audio format.
#8obliviosPosted 1/12/2013 11:00:00 AM
Chatterbox is my favorite of the talk shows for it's spontaneity, hilarious interviews, and hearing all of the idiots residing in Liberty City talk about inane drive that would drive a lunatic sane. The later installments talk shows in the newer games just felt... 'forced' and 'bland' lacking subtlety-novelty that Chatterbox was loved for.
---
I came, I saw, I left.
#9ChronoAce(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 11:05:29 AM
oblivios posted...
Chatterbox is my favorite of the talk shows for it's spontaneity, hilarious interviews, and hearing all of the idiots residing in Liberty City talk about inane drive that would drive a lunatic sane. The later installments talk shows in the newer games just felt... 'forced' and 'bland' lacking subtlety-novelty that Chatterbox was loved for.

Liberty City Survivor should be a spin off game!

Don't remember if that was from chatterbox or a commercial on another station but I always liked it lol.
#10DarkLordMorsulPosted 1/12/2013 3:42:11 PM
ChronoAce posted...
Mentalpatient87 posted...

I don't care about politics regardless of what side is being made fun of. If it was Liberal bashing instead of Conservative bashing it would have been equally as annoying. I don't remember the GTA 3 talk radio having politics involved in it.

I will admit the stuff about terrorism was pretty funny. All the other stuff felt like it was copy/pasted from off topic/political forums on the internet and put into audio format.

LCPR was the liberal station both sides were lampoonede.

I still liked VCPR the best.

Want Wild Traveler back
---
Skit Tells is Really good