You know what really made the old GTA games hard.

#1SlowResistancePosted 1/13/2013 12:27:08 AM
The cars, The game makers decided to restrict the players to certain cars for certain missions and those cars would only last for so long. GTA 4 you could take any car with you for almost every mission and the cars lasted longer in return made the game seem easier.

If the cars were less restrictive in GTA 5 and lasted longer, then this game should seem even easier then GTA 4.

So I hope that we see the return of missions in which you are forced to drive crappy cars for hard missions that way its a real challenge.
#2Ki_cat_Posted 1/13/2013 12:52:40 AM
I agree...Didn't Vice City give you a racing mission against a very fast car and you *had* to use a slow one?
---
People are afraid of what they don't understand.
#3MODNAR11Posted 1/13/2013 4:15:21 AM
I always thought it was the terribad shooting mechanics, personally...
#4Part3Posted 1/13/2013 4:58:07 AM
GTA 3. Pay day for Ray.
---
---
TIG - i like cartyooons
#5PepeSilvia906Posted 1/13/2013 6:02:40 AM
MODNAR11 posted...

This. I never really noticed any difference between car durability in the III-era and IV.
---
XBL Gamertag: The Wereodile
#6MinunSSPosted 1/13/2013 7:25:45 AM
You could intentionally choose a slower/weaker car . . . I played one playthrough using the Burrito panel van for a majority of the chase missions. Wasn't really much harder.
---
Faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
Beware the voice without a face
#7ChronoAcePosted 1/13/2013 8:21:08 AM
MODNAR11 posted...
#8chocolatebuttrPosted 1/13/2013 8:32:20 AM
I remember Vice City had ridiculous boating missions where you had to race through checkpoints. It always gave me a hard time to complete.
---
Of Wolf and Hatred- Ulver
#9TRC187Posted 1/13/2013 11:11:55 AM
Its been years since I played SA, but I remember this one mission that had you chasing someone with a motorcycle, you had one as well.. I believe it was a long chase, racing down alley's, stairs, and jumps, it was fun as hell, but pretty difficult to pass your first time.
#10FluffyKidJoePosted 1/13/2013 11:19:43 AM
TRC187 posted...
Its been years since I played SA, but I remember this one mission that had you chasing someone with a motorcycle, you had one as well.. I believe it was a long chase, racing down alley's, stairs, and jumps, it was fun as hell, but pretty difficult to pass your first time.

That was on the quad bike with Catalina. It was an annoying mission, very easy bike to spin out on.