"Bigger than ... maps combined."

#1hellslavePosted 1/15/2013 5:12:30 PM
We are all familiar with the wording by now... but has anyone offered a context for HOW the maps are being combined, when using the comparison that this game's map is bigger than the others? Are they speaking of the combining like how nesting dolls work? Where one fits inside the other and so on and so on? Or is it that the other maps were combined edge to edge like a quilt, and THAT area can fit inside GTA IV's map?
---
In a world built on hope and faith, I am the realistic idea. The dream come crashing down.
#2LordPonchoPosted 1/15/2013 5:15:12 PM
Essentially nesting dolls, with a good chance of area being larger as well.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#3sal9e3sPosted 1/15/2013 5:38:52 PM
Short answer - no one has any idea.

All I'll say is if they do mean nesting doll style, that's incredibly misleading on their part. And it really doesn't even make any sense to think of it that way. So would you say that the outer doll is bigger than all the inner dolls combined? no
---
GT - Burrito Diablo
#4LordPonchoPosted 1/15/2013 6:10:10 PM
sal9e3s posted...
Short answer - no one has any idea.

All I'll say is if they do mean nesting doll style, that's incredibly misleading on their part. And it really doesn't even make any sense to think of it that way. So would you say that the outer doll is bigger than all the inner dolls combined? no

They do say interior and exterior will be larger. That's why I say essentially nesting dills, with a good chance they mean otherwise.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#5NutralguyPosted 1/15/2013 6:43:13 PM
It's a thing of knowing for sure when the game is released, unless they reveal some of the map before then.
#6xPercivala2536xPosted 1/15/2013 7:48:23 PM
It very well may be nesting dolls. They said there is an exapnsive underwater region, which depending on the expanse of it, adds a complete secondary map.
---
"I ran into a mexican dragon earlier, he used Unrelenting Force, but it came out TA COB ELL..." - blasterfaster443
#7hulkhogan1Posted 1/15/2013 10:19:47 PM
I think all of you are thinking a little too much into this. They said this will be the largest map they ever created, and gave us an idea of just how large it will be. That's really all we need to know.
#8LordPonchoPosted 1/16/2013 5:11:44 AM
hulkhogan1 posted...
I think all of you are thinking a little too much into this. They said this will be the largest map they ever created, and gave us an idea of just how large it will be. That's really all we need to know.

Or you're not thinking enough. The context of what they stated is very vague, especially given what I said further up.
---
#9ReDDevil2112Posted 1/16/2013 11:12:14 AM
I believe they said 3 times bigger than IV just going by land space, and 5 times bigger counting interiors, underwater, etc.

I could be wrong though.
---
Yo, ding-dong, man! Ding-dong! Ding-dong, yo!
#10ArabiandudePosted 1/16/2013 11:22:53 AM
My understanding was it's going to bigger, but also going to have interiors and underwater, caves, etc, which is what will cause it to be bigger than all combined.