fps (View) wouldnt be that bad if.

#1paint87Posted 1/15/2013 7:18:01 PM
it only happens when zoomed in selected by an option in your cell phone.

Some people suck at fps games,they shouldnt be tied down.

Its easier to see the world around you in third person.
---
PHILLIP BANKS YOUUUUU SHOULD KICK MY BUTT
#2xPercivala2536xPosted 1/15/2013 7:46:16 PM
The thing with a FP mode is that qhat people dont realize is how hard it is to get frame of view down. If you play a game like CoD the frame of view is very limited. If you have a widescreen it may seem like the vision is proportioned to real life, when in fact it isnt. Take Black Ops 2 for example. If you stand in any normal sized doorway, you can see out, that is it, and in fact it is a narrow out, if you stand in the door frame and look at the frame, you appear to have at least 6 or more inches to move on each side, when you wouldnt have that. This is countered by the game being designed in FP not third. If you were to drop COD mechanics in a large expansive, very layered city, it is awkward, unnatural and can actually be dizzying. When I would play GTA4 with the FP mod on PC on my 60 inch, it was awkward and clunky. You cant hinder the Euphoria engine by taking away character movements and the way they move when in First Person, It defeats the goal Rockstar had with that engine.

In lamen terms there is no peripheral vision in FPS games, and those that do incorporate that rounded look, which is still innacurate, often arent played like COD or Halo or BF. The different FP mods played with this and while some where better, it was still awkward or weird to move with the weight the Euphoria engine adds

I wouldnt be against it, in cars especially but it would be weird.
---
"I ran into a mexican dragon earlier, he used Unrelenting Force, but it came out TA COB ELL..." - blasterfaster443
#3sgr8Posted 1/16/2013 5:13:28 PM
paint87 posted...
it only happens when zoomed in selected by an option in your cell phone.

Some people suck at fps games,they shouldnt be tied down.

Its easier to see the world around you in third person.

i would have no problem with it being a cheat-menu option. that would be very appreciated actually, id just like to have first person view added for replay-value and actually also to appreciate the scenerys etc. but that will maybe work with a trick, if you are on a bike you can probably go in first person just like with the cars.
#4goldwPosted 1/16/2013 9:06:40 PM
The 2nd post nailed on why there shouldn't be a FPS view in the game.

Too much time, not important enough.
---
A child has a 40% chance of surviving if hit by Usain Bolt - S1nharvest
#5CruorComaPosted 1/17/2013 5:25:52 AM
How does the content of this topic differ from the discussion in other FPS topics?
---
If you have a problem with potheads, throw your computer out the window right now. Why should you be able leech off the creativity of those you condemn?
#6paint87(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 7:21:24 AM
Its about sales and feelings thats how it differs
---
#7CruorComaPosted 1/17/2013 7:50:26 AM
So no, it doesn't differ at all.
---
If you have a problem with potheads, throw your computer out the window right now. Why should you be able leech off the creativity of those you condemn?
#8nativenginePosted 1/17/2013 8:27:56 AM(edited)
I'll just leave this here:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/634491-grand-theft-auto-v?search=First+person

We've discussed this, a lot. You yourself TC have made a topic on this already.

Edit: and after how well received the first topic you made and the others on this was(sarcasm) I can only assume you made this one with the sole intent of trolling, just my observation.
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
Elected Leader of the GTA5 360 board
#9paint87(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 8:33:57 AM
well fps isnt a mode its a view. also you shouldnt limit third person to third person lovers an fps to fps lovers.

its like no couch co op = no buy. why only make a third person game for fps lovers.

Last i checked my crap computer runs dayz just fine in first person. I really dont think frame rate will be an issue.
---
#10CruorComaPosted 1/17/2013 11:03:24 AM
As I'm sure has already been stated in one of the many topics on the issue, it would ultimately be a waste of time. Spending any amount of time developing something that only a niche minority of a fan base cares about, when effort and finances could be focused elsewhere, doesn't make sense. Such a thing is akin to desiring a Third Person view for a title like Halo.
---