Censorship

#1russinatorPosted 1/16/2013 2:49:26 PM
With all the media rolling about recent events(we all know what I am talking about) and the new proposed Gun Control policies, combined with the already infamous reputation that the GTA series has following it, do you think this game will be a lot more calm and censored then its predecessors?

I.E. No more prostitute pick-up and murder fantasies, or strip club hang outs? As well as gory head shot's A'la Max Payne 3?

On a side note I am going to miss the romance mini-games as sad as that might sound, but I understand it would be hard balancing it with three protagonists this time around.
---
Video games keep me sane.
#2DarkLordMorsulPosted 1/16/2013 2:52:17 PM
No. It won't be censored
---
Skit Tells is Really good
#3Lord_Shadow_19Posted 1/16/2013 2:59:35 PM
There was a recent article by Dan Houser in the newest GI about how they had to take out the guns, violence, and carjacking because of Joe Biden.
---
Playing UMvC3, Far Cry 3, Black Ops 2. PSN: Entropy19
#4LordPonchoPosted 1/16/2013 3:00:23 PM
There really didn't need to be a new topic about this.

And, to settle it before it gets brought up, the bit about games in today's orders created wasn't an order. It was a request for Congress to vote on it, and it would encompass a several years, possibly decades long research that would only return the same results the last several studies have returned. It's not something gamers should be concerned about.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#5cordsmanPosted 1/16/2013 3:00:54 PM
^ I agree, while Sandy Hook was unimaginable, the only time I've ew heard of Rockstar bending to pressure like this after 9/11 with the exclusion of a few instances of a plane hitting a building. And sandy hook, again while obviously terrible, is no 9/11. So no, GTA V will be no different because of the Sandy Hook incident.
---
"A man chooses... a slave obeys. Kill!" - Andrew Ryan
PSN: BigDaddyFatso
#6russinator(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 3:06:46 PM
LordPoncho posted...
There really didn't need to be a new topic about this.

And, to settle it before it gets brought up, the bit about games in today's orders created wasn't an order. It was a request for Congress to vote on it, and it would encompass a several years, possibly decades long research that would only return the same results the last several studies have returned. It's not something gamers should be concerned about.

Sorry didn't see any topics about this issue, and I realize that legally it would take a lot... that doesn't mean Rockstar wouldn't tame it down a bit in their own right and censor themselves.
---
Video games keep me sane.
#7nativenginePosted 1/16/2013 3:40:17 PM
I have expressed my personal opinion on this subject in great detail in another topic, which on the first page, if you'd like to take a look:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/634491-grand-theft-auto-v/65069657

Basically, no it won't be censored. This administration currently in the White House is proposing spending a dick load of cash to study if there is in fact a connection between violent video games and human violence (american tax dollars going to a good cause right?). Studies have already been conducted and have all had the same result, no connection. Just the other day Biden himself even said he feels there's no connection between the two (http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2013/01/16/obama-calls-for-government-funded-research-into-violent-video-games/) and yet we're doing another study?

Regardless of all that, I don't think there will be a censorship ban on games or even a toning down.
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
Elected Leader of the GTA5 360 board
#8AsmileyfishPosted 1/17/2013 9:11:29 AM
russinator posted...
With all the media rolling about recent events(we all know what I am talking about) and the new proposed Gun Control policies, combined with the already infamous reputation that the GTA series has following it, do you think this game will be a lot more calm and censored then its predecessors?

I.E. No more prostitute pick-up and murder fantasies, or strip club hang outs? As well as gory head shot's A'la Max Payne 3?

On a side note I am going to miss the romance mini-games as sad as that might sound, but I understand it would be hard balancing it with three protagonists this time around.

No hot coffee foursome orgies then? *sadface*
---
I apolagize in advance for my spellings. i cant spell worth a dam.
#9Lord_Shadow_19Posted 1/17/2013 2:14:53 PM
nativengine posted...
I have expressed my personal opinion on this subject in great detail in another topic, which on the first page, if you'd like to take a look:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/634491-grand-theft-auto-v/65069657

Basically, no it won't be censored. This administration currently in the White House is proposing spending a dick load of cash to study if there is in fact a connection between violent video games and human violence (american tax dollars going to a good cause right?). Studies have already been conducted and have all had the same result, no connection. Just the other day Biden himself even said he feels there's no connection between the two (http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2013/01/16/obama-calls-for-government-funded-research-into-violent-video-games/) and yet we're doing another study?

Regardless of all that, I don't think there will be a censorship ban on games or even a toning down.

I'm sorry but my uncle's friend who knows a guy who knows Dan Houser's wife's hairstylist told me that they're taking out the guns, the crime, and the violence. When you first play the game you're forced to get a job that pays $8 an hour in-game time until you gain enough money to buy a car and you'll have to keep working if you want another car.
---
Playing UMvC3, Far Cry 3, Black Ops 2. PSN: Entropy19
#10Buddy_DacotePosted 1/17/2013 2:39:09 PM
Rockstar North is a British company, and Great Britain has like the strictest gun laws ever. Yet there isn't a spree killing every three months like it is the US, even though people don't got fifteen guns tucked in their belt "for self defense purposes". Explain that, NRA. Or don't, I want to keep some of my brain cells.