Censorship

#11angeldeath21Posted 1/17/2013 3:45:51 PM
Although Rockstar North is a British company, games can still be banned or changed up in when imported to other countries. Look at Australia's gaming laws -- they're goofy as hell.

Anyway, no, Rockstar won't censor the game. It's too far into development already. One reason cited as to why GTA III and Vice City didn't have as many planes was to be sensitive to the events of 9/11, which was a tragedy on a much grander scale. I don't know if Rockstar confirmed this, but I've read it in a few magazines over the years (sorry, it's been so long and I reallllly don't remember which ones.)

As for video games and aggression (which is different from violence), no, there is absolutely no correlation between people who play violent video games and their levels of aggression. People who would be influenced by violence in video games have a much more serious issue of being unable to differentiate between fantasy and reality, which is something we still know very little about.
---
"We Do Not Sow; Hear Me Roar; Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken; Growing Strong; Ours is the Fury; As High as Honor; Night gathers, my watch begins."
#12DarkLordMorsulPosted 1/17/2013 3:54:59 PM
Lord_Shadow_19 posted...
nativengine posted...
I have expressed my personal opinion on this subject in great detail in another topic, which on the first page, if you'd like to take a look:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/634491-grand-theft-auto-v/65069657

Basically, no it won't be censored. This administration currently in the White House is proposing spending a dick load of cash to study if there is in fact a connection between violent video games and human violence (american tax dollars going to a good cause right?). Studies have already been conducted and have all had the same result, no connection. Just the other day Biden himself even said he feels there's no connection between the two (http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2013/01/16/obama-calls-for-government-funded-research-into-violent-video-games/) and yet we're doing another study?

Regardless of all that, I don't think there will be a censorship ban on games or even a toning down.

I'm sorry but my uncle's friend who knows a guy who knows Dan Houser's wife's hairstylist told me that they're taking out the guns, the crime, and the violence. When you first play the game you're forced to get a job that pays $8 an hour in-game time until you gain enough money to buy a car and you'll have to keep working if you want another car.

The Sims ut with Teh Relizmmms!!!!111!! Well played Rockstra well played
---
Skit Tells is Really good
#13paint87Posted 1/17/2013 3:56:37 PM
DarkLordMorsul posted...
Lord_Shadow_19 posted...
nativengine posted...
I have expressed my personal opinion on this subject in great detail in another topic, which on the first page, if you'd like to take a look:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/634491-grand-theft-auto-v/65069657

Basically, no it won't be censored. This administration currently in the White House is proposing spending a dick load of cash to study if there is in fact a connection between violent video games and human violence (american tax dollars going to a good cause right?). Studies have already been conducted and have all had the same result, no connection. Just the other day Biden himself even said he feels there's no connection between the two (http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2013/01/16/obama-calls-for-government-funded-research-into-violent-video-games/) and yet we're doing another study?

Regardless of all that, I don't think there will be a censorship ban on games or even a toning down.

I'm sorry but my uncle's friend who knows a guy who knows Dan Houser's wife's hairstylist told me that they're taking out the guns, the crime, and the violence. When you first play the game you're forced to get a job that pays $8 an hour in-game time until you gain enough money to buy a car and you'll have to keep working if you want another car.

The Sims ut with Teh Relizmmms!!!!111!! Well played Rockstra well played

working as a dish washer? a pizza driver? a car salesman sounds FUN
---
PHILLIP BANKS YOUUUUU SHOULD KICK MY BUTT
#14NOTORiOUS_X0042Posted 1/17/2013 9:29:32 PM
lol.........everybody on this board is in denial, when it comes out you will remember ME and my topic and you will groan too yourself "he was right............"

that is, if you even have any integrity

look what they did too the manhunt series after being burried by media panels alone.

get over it, Biden is getting his hands all over your GAMES.
#15Mentalpatient87Posted 1/17/2013 11:32:07 PM
NOTORiOUS_X0042 posted...
lol.........everybody on this board is in denial, when it comes out you will remember ME and my topic and you will groan too yourself "he was right............"

that is, if you even have any integrity

look what they did too the manhunt series after being burried by media panels alone.

get over it, Biden is getting his hands all over your GAMES.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-crrhNTC6dfA/TdXSLNS_R9I/AAAAAAAAB6I/h4J27xT7d3c/s1600/End-is-near-785574.jpg
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"
#16MACOWHAPosted 1/18/2013 2:01:11 AM
Na man, you didn't hear? Sandy Hook is a complete hoax, the game won't be censored.
#17Sword_of_DuskPosted 1/18/2013 8:12:31 AM
MACOWHA posted...
Na man, you didn't hear? Sandy Hook is a complete hoax, the game won't be censored.

That's not funny, dude. Not at all.
---
"The angels have the phone box".
#18Illumi_KnightPosted 1/18/2013 8:27:52 AM
Sword_of_Dusk posted...
MACOWHA posted...

That's not funny, dude. Not at all.

Agreed
#19NOTORiOUS_X0042Posted 1/20/2013 1:17:25 AM
more denial ITT
#20LordPonchoPosted 1/20/2013 1:34:14 AM
NOTORiOUS_X0042 posted...
more denial ITT

You are a sad, sad child who needs a hobby.

And by hobby, I don't mean sucking the tit of faux news.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800