Anyone know about the setting of this game?

#1hellfire582Posted 1/17/2013 10:09:29 AM
Personally, liked the setting of San Andreas way more than that of GTA IV. First off, SA's map was way bigger. I've owned the game for like 10 years and I still don't think I've explored all of it, but the size of GTA IV was just a downgrade. Second, I'd much rather have a lot of open areas where you can do car tricks and stuff (like in SA) as opposed to a dense city. Finally, SA seemed to have way more simple amenities, such as the random bars in the desert and the giant mountain. None of these played a huge role in the story, but they were fun to explore.

Does anyone know which of these GTA V is more likely to resemble?
#2nativenginePosted 1/17/2013 10:26:52 AM
There's 2 trailers available, I suggest watching them and deciding for yourself.
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
Elected Leader of the GTA5 360 board
#3hellfire582(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 10:32:42 AM
nativengine posted...
There's 2 trailers available, I suggest watching them and deciding for yourself.

I have watched the trailers, but obviously there is potentially other information out there I don't know about. In the future, I'd suggest not wasting your time making unhelpful posts just to be a dick.
#4nativenginePosted 1/17/2013 10:41:07 AM
Well I wasn't being a dick so I don't know where you got that from, just making a suggestion. My take from the trailer is that it will be more like SA with 4's attention to detail and tone.
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
Elected Leader of the GTA5 360 board
#5angeldeath21Posted 1/17/2013 10:52:51 AM
Both, fo' sho. From what we seen, it looks like the countryside can be compared to the entirety of RDR's map: large, expansive open areas with smatterings of civilization. The city areas, on the other hand, look to have the level of sophistication, density and detail as in GTA IV.

Either way it'll be fun, so who cares!
---
"We Do Not Sow; Hear Me Roar; Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken; Growing Strong; Ours is the Fury; As High as Honor; Night gathers, my watch begins."
#6hellfire582(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 10:56:54 AM
nativengine posted...
Well I wasn't being a dick so I don't know where you got that from, just making a suggestion. My take from the trailer is that it will be more like SA with 4's attention to detail and tone.

Thank you. See if you'd just said that the first time, I wouldn't have thought you were a dick at all. All I was saying is that you sound like a 5th grade teacher when you tell a guy to go look something up for himself.

Also thanks angel.
#7angeldeath21Posted 1/17/2013 10:59:06 AM
hellfire582 posted...
nativengine posted...

Thank you. See if you'd just said that the first time, I wouldn't have thought you were a dick at all. All I was saying is that you sound like a 5th grade teacher when you tell a guy to go look something up for himself.

Also thanks angel.

I'll be ya angel, honeybear ;)
---
"We Do Not Sow; Hear Me Roar; Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken; Growing Strong; Ours is the Fury; As High as Honor; Night gathers, my watch begins."
#8CruorComaPosted 1/17/2013 11:22:05 AM(edited)
You wasted over three quarts of an hour to get an answer you could have found in 5 minutes had you heeded nativengines advice. Yet, you thought he was the dick? People don't say "look it up" for the jollies, it's simply easier for everyone involved when you do. Asking about such things when you literally have the world at your fingertips is like stopping for directions when you have a GPS system installed on your dashboard.
---
If you have a problem with potheads, throw your computer out the window right now. Why should you be able leech off the creativity of those you condemn?
#9russinatorPosted 1/17/2013 1:33:16 PM
CruorComa posted...
You wasted over three quarts of an hour to get an answer you could have found in 5 minutes had you heeded nativengines advice. Yet, you thought he was the dick? People don't say "look it up" for the jollies, it's simply easier for everyone involved when you do. Asking about such things when you literally have the world at your fingertips is like stopping for directions when you have a GPS system installed on your dashboard.

---
Video games keep me sane.
#10Mentalpatient87Posted 1/17/2013 1:37:41 PM
CruorComa posted...

---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"