I hope the multiplayer customization dosent suck this time around.

#1iedahGPosted 1/18/2013 12:13:25 PM
The weight thing and the driving, swimming, flying ect added a good bit to the single player because they served gameplay purposes but I could care less about the barber, tattoo shops, and all the other cosmetic changing features being removed because I always felt that they were redundant. Unless it was for mission purposes I dont see whats so interesting about editing C.Js/nekos/ John (R.I.P) hair and rags when its still the same old CJ./neko/John regardless of the small changes you make.

GTA 4 did somewhat of a decent job for a starter but RDR dropped the ball pretty hard. The developers put a lot of emphasis on gang vs gang elements but there was no way to make a signature uniform or even add clothing parts to stand out, you were only allowed to use premade full models, most were hideous or silly looking.

From what I heard online mode is going to have just like RDR and theres rumors that there will be custom flags like in APB. Im really hoping rockstar steps it up to the next level with the customization because thats the only thing thats mission from their games. Im hoping GTA 5 at least has 40% of the customization depth thats in the other open world multiplayer games so we can at least have coloring, multiple body slots, gun attachments, role tags, and even badges. Also if we have to choose from presets again then there needs to be more then a handful of options and actual color palette selection.
Last, it would be great to unlock special cars and bikes and have Garage or parking spawn points around your territory. I want to see gangs doing drive byes and turf invasions with APCs and hummers.
---
(\__/)
(='.'=) --" Make things easy for people, not difficult."
#2CruorComaPosted 1/18/2013 1:10:15 PM(edited)
Well there's been absolutely nothing said about online, so whoever is telling you that "online is going to have just like RDR" can shut their filthy gob.
As for customisation, though it's possible, I doubt there'd be much of it. When you look at Saints Row or APB: Reloaded, you can see that expansive customisation is something developers fall back on when they don't have much else to offer. The poor gun play, arcadey driving, horrible AI, terrible vehicle phasing, dodgy physics and general lack of polish clearly attest to that.

Don't get me wrong I enjoy Saints Row, but I know when I play it I'm just having stupid fun rather than being immersed in a deep gaming experience. As for GTA V, I frankly expect a little more than pleasing asthetics and I'll eternally value new gameplay mechanics and features over such trife.
---
If you have a problem with potheads, throw your computer out the window right now. Why should you be able leech off the creativity of those you condemn?
#3IiXxCodMw3xXiIPosted 1/18/2013 1:54:58 PM
I hope you will be able to wear baggy clothes like this since you are playing in los angeles were there are many gangs.

http://i678.photobucket.com/albums/vv143/fatboycoolaids/gttaa_zps2c1f8d36.png
#4Mentalpatient87Posted 1/18/2013 2:02:25 PM
CruorComa posted...
Well there's been absolutely nothing said about online

Not entirely true. They said they were trying to make the multiplayer for GTAV "do for open world multiplayer what GTA3 did for open world single player," and that they have a dedicated team for the multiplayer itself. While this is nothing concrete, we can spitball at a couple things based on these statements.

First, we know they're going balls out with it. That's all but flatly stated. Second, if we look at how character customization went in Max Payne 3, we can at least speculate that GTAV will maybe possibly contain a similar system. I sure didn't hate it. Dressing up one character for every gang, plus having one designated as the free-for-all (or free roam in GTA's case) worked just fine, and gave me a fun variety of my own characters to play as.

Oh, and they said they're carrying over Max Payne 3's crew system. Which is more the Rockstar Social Club crew system.

I'd hope they're going to keep the "free roam as a hub" setup from RDR, but as Cruor said, they haven't confirmed that.
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"
#5CruorComaPosted 1/18/2013 2:07:00 PM
Huh, I completely forgot about MP3. Well going by that, there may indeed be some decent customisation.
---
If you have a problem with potheads, throw your computer out the window right now. Why should you be able leech off the creativity of those you condemn?
#6iedahG(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 2:24:39 PM(edited)
Well there's been absolutely nothing said about online, so whoever is telling you that "online is going to have just like RDR" can shut their filthy gob.
As for customisation, though it's possible, I doubt there'd be much of it. When you look at Saints Row or APB: Reloaded, you can see that expansive customisation is something developers fall back on when they don't have much else to offer. The poor gun play, arcadey driving, horrible AI, terrible vehicle phasing, dodgy physics and general lack of polish clearly attest to that.

Don't get me wrong I enjoy Saints Row, but I know when I play it I'm just having stupid fun rather than being immersed in a deep gaming experience. As for GTA V, I frankly expect a little more than pleasing asthetics and I'll eternally value new gameplay mechanics and features over such trife.

I do feel that APB is nothing more then a dress up game with sub-par third person shooter mechanics slapped on it I have to disagree about the comments on saint row. The activities, and mission verity is what kept me stuck to that game, the customization was just a bonus. GTA 4 gave me buyers remorse because the single player was nothing but car chases and the online portion had a sad excuse for a coop mode and a vs mode that lacked depth. I had a huge focus on eye candy rather then having vearied gameplay elements.
Bottom line is these games could have 60-70% of their customization options removed and they would still have more verity then the average rockstar open world game. They are way behind in this area.

Customization can add a lot to GTA if it borrowed bits from other sandbox games like specializing and upgrading weapons and roles. Advancing through special unlocks like military style vehicles adds a whole new layer onto the game. Teams could start off as simple street crews and work their way to being well armed militias. The gunfights start off as being small skirmishes with basic weapons and then end up with assault rifles fighting it out in the streets with fighter jets dog fighting overhead.
Character customization shouldnt be to difficult. Just give players more then a handful of choices (no less then 20 heads and 3 body types) and let them color their clothing. Even rainbowsix does clothing customization on a level where clans can look unique from one another..
---
(\__/)
#7TRC187Posted 1/18/2013 5:56:20 PM
I still can't grasp how any sane person could dislike IV.. I guess I'll never understand.
#8iedahG(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 6:49:41 PM(edited)
I still can't grasp how any sane person could dislike IV.. I guess I'll never understand.

I can never understand how any sane person cant see how stupid it is to be puzzled at the fact that there are people out there who dont place games on a pedestal just because they have pretty graphics and a nice physics engine.
GTA4 seems to be the crysis equivalent for consoles. It looks great at a glance but when you actually play the game its nothing special.

the single player was nothing but car chases and the online portion had a sad excuse for a coop mode and a vs mode that lacked depth. It had a huge focus on eye candy rather then having vearied gameplay elements.

In other words.
The single player portion got annoying repetitive and lost interest during the 70% mark. loved getting them constant calls from characters I didnt care about, at all.
The coop missions were way too short and there were too few.
The multiplayer modes (xbox version) were just different shades of teamdeathmatch with pointless progression that took a stupid amount of time to grind through and the money was useless. If theres anything that turns me off about rockstar games its their multiplayer progression system. Both GTA 4 and RDR takes way too long to advance it. It was more annoying in RDR because of the near end game super pistols and rifle.
---
(\__/)
#9DarkLordMorsulPosted 1/18/2013 9:07:12 PM
iedahG posted...
Both GTA 4 and RDR takes way too long to advance it. It was more annoying in RDR because of the near end game super pistols and rifle.

You want quick levels play skyrim level 20 in about two hours.

Also didn't like RDR's multiplayer but mostly because half of it was DLC.
---
Skit Tells is Really good