If you're one of the people who goes on R*'s Facebook....

#11Sword_of_DuskPosted 1/24/2013 7:20:13 AM
nativengine posted...
Facebook and twitter are turning this younger generation into major narcissist IMO. Look at most any person 18 or younger and it's all self taken pics that scream "look at me, I'm soooo hot". When did we all become so f***ing important that we have to tell everyone every little step we take in our daily lives? And no I don't want to look at your god damn farm on FarmVille, no I don't care that Joe answered a question about me, oh Ashton has 20 million followers on twitter, good for him I don't care. Facebook to me is the ultimate stalker site and twitter is just dumb if you ask me.

Why is it that I agree with damn near everything you say? It's so refreshing to talk to someone with a functioning brain.
---
"The angels have the phone box".
#12FutureShockUK(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 2:16:34 PM
nativengine posted...
Facebook and twitter are turning this younger generation into major narcissist IMO. Look at most any person 18 or younger and it's all self taken pics that scream "look at me, I'm soooo hot". When did we all become so f***ing important that we have to tell everyone every little step we take in our daily lives? And no I don't want to look at your god damn farm on FarmVille, no I don't care that Joe answered a question about me, oh Ashton has 20 million followers on twitter, good for him I don't care. Facebook to me is the ultimate stalker site and twitter is just dumb if you ask me.

People who feel the need to chronicle every freaking thing they do are annoying. However, the worst are people who constantly compliment fish, posting stuff like "Oh, I'm soooo ugly" or going on a photo and being like "OMG, Ur so pretti, wish I wuz two!" and expecting people to be all "Aww, no you aren't!"

I'm half tempted sometimes just be like "Yes. Yes you are."
---
Best in the World!
GT:Future Shock UK PSN:FutureShockUK
#13ShELbY_GT500Posted 1/24/2013 2:32:55 PM
weedlelovesgta posted...
what about youtube that has some of the worst people on earth

GameFAQS is just as bad with majority topics being troll topics or majority of whats being posted in a topic is just trolling. Facebook, Youtube, GameFAQS, generally anything that anyone can post an opinion or whatever on needs to have a screening process before its posted. Obviously that would be impossible however I could see something like this becoming an actual job position where its your job to decide what content is published and whats rejected. Its quite viable with all big social networks having advertising. I know there are mods and admin but they alone would never keep up with the amount of interactions.

Tl;dr - The internet needs cleaning up.
---
Mess with the bull?...
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcxb98pROb1r6r2k3o1_250.jpg
#14nativenginePosted 1/24/2013 2:40:09 PM
Sword_of_Dusk posted...
nativengine posted...

Why is it that I agree with damn near everything you say? It's so refreshing to talk to someone with a functioning brain.

Great minds think alike good sir. There are very few great minds on GFaqs, a few great minds have found their way here(you know who you are) which is nice.
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
Elected Leader of the GTA5 360 board
#15Wolf_J_FlywheelPosted 1/24/2013 2:53:18 PM
Sword_of_Dusk posted...
nativengine posted...

i agree with this as well.
---
NRA member and 2nd Amendment supporter
http://www.handloadersbench.com/images/avatars/16458.jpg
#16BardockpwnsjooPosted 1/24/2013 3:01:12 PM
nativengine posted...

I honestly think it's worse than that. As a 20-year old, I feel like all this Facebook, Twitter, and phone texting crap is damaging the ability of young people to actually interact face-to-face. I've had numerous conversations with people in my age catagory who never looked up from their ******** phone. Why? Because they were busy checking their Facebook status and texting ten other people at the same time.

They are socially awkward and damn near socially inept. They make the outcast Goth kid from highschool look pro-social. Someone with a frontal-lobe lobotomy makes for a better conversationalist. I remember when the people who used text chat to have fake sex were considered losers, now it's becoming normal place and is often accompied by pictures.

This **** is a sickness. It is a viral epidemic is that infesting our society and it needs to be stamped out like the diesease it is. But that's just my opinion.
---
So, if you put an Oriental guy in a bowl, and spin it around, does he become disOriented?
#17ShELbY_GT500Posted 1/24/2013 3:25:07 PM
nativengine posted...
Sword_of_Dusk posted...
nativengine posted...

Great minds think alike good sir. There are very few great minds on GFaqs, a few great minds have found their way here(you know who you are) which is nice.

Lol at implying you are a great mind!

At one stage the only thing you could come up with on the GTA V board was that rediculous immature fad that came out of JawsTheme. Also the internet could do without those who believe they are superior. After all you're on GameFAQS buddy.
---
Mess with the bull?...
#18nativenginePosted 1/24/2013 3:37:36 PM
Bardockpwnsjoo posted...
nativengine posted...

I honestly think it's worse than that. As a 20-year old, I feel like all this Facebook, Twitter, and phone texting crap is damaging the ability of young people to actually interact face-to-face. I've had numerous conversations with people in my age catagory who never looked up from their ******** phone. Why? Because they were busy checking their Facebook status and texting ten other people at the same time.

They are socially awkward and damn near socially inept. They make the outcast Goth kid from highschool look pro-social. Someone with a frontal-lobe lobotomy makes for a better conversationalist. I remember when the people who used text chat to have fake sex were considered losers, now it's becoming normal place and is often accompied by pictures.

This **** is a sickness. It is a viral epidemic is that infesting our society and it needs to be stamped out like the diesease it is. But that's just my opinion.

It really has gotten out of control. I'm only 27 and I find myself saying "what the f*** is wrong with these kids" a lot lately. For instance, kids actually soak tampons in vodka and stick it up their asses, which is absolutely insane if you ask me. Kids are so afraid of confrontation or trouble that they stick s*** up their asses and smoke incense and s***. Their also sooooo f***ing sensitive, I just don't get it.
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
Elected Leader of the GTA5 360 board
#19ShELbY_GT500Posted 1/24/2013 3:45:30 PM
Dont blame the younger generation. Blame the older generation who has lead this to happen.
---
Mess with the bull?...
#20BardockpwnsjooPosted 1/24/2013 4:05:28 PM
ShELbY_GT500 posted...
Dont blame the younger generation. Blame the older generation who has lead this to happen.

Sounds exactly like one of today's ******** kids. "ITS NOT MY FAULT, MAN! OLD PEOPLE MADE ME DO THIS, MAN! BECAUSE, LIKE, OLD PEOPLE ARE DUMB MAN!"
---
So, if you put an Oriental guy in a bowl, and spin it around, does he become disOriented?