If you're one of the people who goes on R*'s Facebook....

#31FutureShockUK(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 6:14:09 AM
ShELbY_GT500 posted...
weedlelovesgta posted...
what about youtube that has some of the worst people on earth

GameFAQS is just as bad with majority topics being troll topics or majority of whats being posted in a topic is just trolling. Facebook, Youtube, GameFAQS, generally anything that anyone can post an opinion or whatever on needs to have a screening process before its posted. Obviously that would be impossible however I could see something like this becoming an actual job position where its your job to decide what content is published and whats rejected. Its quite viable with all big social networks having advertising. I know there are mods and admin but they alone would never keep up with the amount of interactions.

Tl;dr - The internet needs cleaning up.

It depends on the boards you go on here really. I mean, if you go on the more popular forums for more competitive, such as COD and the like, people are going to get their jollies by trolling those forums, as people get over defensive over how they play.

But a place like the Dark Souls forums tends to have a friendlier community, as they aren't as competitive.
---
Best in the World!
GT:Future Shock UK PSN:FutureShockUK
#32nativenginePosted 1/25/2013 6:33:32 AM
ShELbY_GT500 posted...
nativengine posted...
Sword_of_Dusk posted...
nativengine posted...
Facebook and twitter are turning this younger generation into major narcissist IMO. Look at most any person 18 or younger and it's all self taken pics that scream "look at me, I'm soooo hot". When did we all become so f***ing important that we have to tell everyone every little step we take in our daily lives? And no I don't want to look at your god damn farm on FarmVille, no I don't care that Joe answered a question about me, oh Ashton has 20 million followers on twitter, good for him I don't care. Facebook to me is the ultimate stalker site and twitter is just dumb if you ask me.

Why is it that I agree with damn near everything you say? It's so refreshing to talk to someone with a functioning brain.

Great minds think alike good sir. There are very few great minds on GFaqs, a few great minds have found their way here(you know who you are) which is nice.

Lol at implying you are a great mind!

At one stage the only thing you could come up with on the GTA V board was that rediculous immature fad that came out of JawsTheme. Also the internet could do without those who believe they are superior. After all you're on GameFAQS buddy.

I must be a great mind, without even trying I made an impression on you.
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
Elected Leader of the GTA5 360 board
#33nativenginePosted 1/25/2013 8:13:54 AM
LordPoncho posted...
ShELbY_GT500 posted...
nativengine posted...
Sword_of_Dusk posted...
nativengine posted...
Facebook and twitter are turning this younger generation into major narcissist IMO. Look at most any person 18 or younger and it's all self taken pics that scream "look at me, I'm soooo hot". When did we all become so f***ing important that we have to tell everyone every little step we take in our daily lives? And no I don't want to look at your god damn farm on FarmVille, no I don't care that Joe answered a question about me, oh Ashton has 20 million followers on twitter, good for him I don't care. Facebook to me is the ultimate stalker site and twitter is just dumb if you ask me.

Why is it that I agree with damn near everything you say? It's so refreshing to talk to someone with a functioning brain.

Great minds think alike good sir. There are very few great minds on GFaqs, a few great minds have found their way here(you know who you are) which is nice.

Lol at implying you are a great mind!

At one stage the only thing you could come up with on the GTA V board was that rediculous immature fad that came out of JawsTheme. Also the internet could do without those who believe they are superior. After all you're on GameFAQS buddy.

If you have nothing good to contribute and instead want to bash on something simply because you have a grudge to hold, then please leave. We don't have time for your kind here.

If you've noticed, we treat others how they treat us around these parts. Somebody bashes something baselessly and without provocation, we will bash them 6 times harder. If you can't take what you started, don't start it at all.

Exactly, it's not like we(great minds)don't disagree with each other from time to time but we do so in a respectful manner. I literally said nothing to him and he takes a genuine conversation we're having here and tries turning it into a blatant attack. Hell, even creep can hold a nice conversation or argument, I may not agree with most of what he says but goddammit I can respect him.
---
#34Sword_of_DuskPosted 1/25/2013 8:20:16 AM
I fully agree. Speaking of creep, I wonder where he's been. Haven't seen him around lately.
---
"The angels have the phone box".
#35nativenginePosted 1/25/2013 8:53:35 AM
Sword_of_Dusk posted...
I fully agree. Speaking of creep, I wonder where he's been. Haven't seen him around lately.

This is his usual behavior, comes by for a week or so and disappears, he was excited for a game to come out(don't remember what) so I'm sure he's around here somewhere. I'm really curious where mrwhite2088 went, that's a good guy there. Does anyone remember supervegito? The guy who suggested putting child prostitutes in GTA5 to help pedophiles get their fix from games instead of the real thing.
---
#36Mentalpatient87Posted 1/25/2013 2:00:57 PM
nativengine posted...
Exactly, it's not like we(great minds)don't disagree with each other from time to time but we do so in a respectful manner. I literally said nothing to him and he takes a genuine conversation we're having here and tries turning it into a blatant attack. Hell, even creep can hold a nice conversation or argument, I may not agree with most of what he says but goddammit I can respect him.

This is why I put him (and a couple other SA fanboys) on ignore. They really just have nothing to say that's worthwhile. As such, they have been relegated to the kids table.
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"
#37TRC187Posted 1/25/2013 2:22:54 PM
nativengine posted...
Sword_of_Dusk posted...

This is his usual behavior, comes by for a week or so and disappears, he was excited for a game to come out(don't remember what) so I'm sure he's around here somewhere. I'm really curious where mrwhite2088 went, that's a good guy there. Does anyone remember supervegito? The guy who suggested putting child prostitutes in GTA5 to help pedophiles get their fix from games instead of the real thing.

I was thinking the same about mrwhite recently, he's another fellow sane individual.. I also remember supervegito, not so much about the things he's said, just the name.
#38Mentalpatient87Posted 1/25/2013 2:45:14 PM
I've got no problems with Facebook. I have about 15 friends (and that needs trimming) and don't subscribe to a bunch of crap. If you don't like someone's dumbass posts, or their dumbass self, delete them. You only have these problems because you subject yourself to them.

I only ever see things that I at least halfway care to see on my Facebook.
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"
#39FutureShockUK(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 3:42:52 AM
Mentalpatient87 posted...
I've got no problems with Facebook. I have about 15 friends (and that needs trimming) and don't subscribe to a bunch of crap. If you don't like someone's dumbass posts, or their dumbass self, delete them. You only have these problems because you subject yourself to them.

I only ever see things that I at least halfway care to see on my Facebook.

It's not people I have added though. I simply liked the R* facebook so I could be up to date with various deals and news about games, but every story I go to read, every picture I view is filled with these mind blowing idiots!
---
Best in the World!
GT:Future Shock UK PSN:FutureShockUK