GTA III, Vice city, San andreas, GTA IV, RDR or Bully?

#31xHughJasxPosted 2/5/2013 8:32:51 PM
What can of worms? Am I not right? Did gta 4 actually not strip down most of the fun extra activities from SA?
---
If there wasn't people who blindly defended themselves when proven full of s*** time and again, there'd be no religious people.Or republicans. -jowephocks
#32DarkLordMorsulPosted 2/5/2013 8:49:22 PM
xHughJasx posted...
What can of worms? Am I not right? Did gta 4 actually not strip down most of the fun extra activities from SA?

ALright I'll give the short version.

There's a large group myself included who think IV was better. and there's a group that disagrees with us and frankly the debates(polite word) can get heated...

here's a few reasons why I personally didn't think SA was great.

Story didn't make sense and was all over the place
jetpack was lame
gimp, clown etc outfits
sex toy weapon really?
Gathering pearls, tagging, photos all chores(and amounted to way more than pigeons)
Pool was better in IV
Cubed is better than astroids
Gang turf wars waaaay more annoying than friends calling ever could be.
car customization rendered useless by cars' overeasy destruction.
Driving/flying schools were awful

Things IV did better(Not including physics and graphics those are tech limitations)

story
characters
dating
stand up shows and caberet
tours of the city really made me feel connected to the city
tv especially history of Liberty City
You had choices throughout the story may not have affected much but was good for RP
Driving controls better
darts were fun
better music

SA did better:

Talk radio.
---
Skit Tells is Really good
#33xHughJasxPosted 2/5/2013 8:54:19 PM
All those things you don't like about sa are just opinion. That's all this is. All I said was gta 4 stripped down what was in SA. Like weapon skills, food, most mini games, working out, a more open world.

You can try to impress yourself with bullet pointed opinions all you want. Gta 4 sacrificed a lot of fun for nothing. And the car handling? Really? Have you ever drivin a car in real life? They don't slide like they are on ice all the time like they do in gta 4
---
If there wasn't people who blindly defended themselves when proven full of s*** time and again, there'd be no religious people.Or republicans. -jowephocks
#34DarkLordMorsulPosted 2/5/2013 9:05:32 PM
xHughJasx posted...
All those things you don't like about sa are just opinion. That's all this is. All I said was gta 4 stripped down what was in SA. Like weapon skills, food, most mini games, working out, a more open world.

You can try to impress yourself with bullet pointed opinions all you want. Gta 4 sacrificed a lot of fun for nothing. And the car handling? Really? Have you ever drivin a car in real life? They don't slide like they are on ice all the time like they do in gta 4

Ah thank you I forgot food and working out. See I thought GTA was a Crime game not the Sims. You liked SA better thats finee. SA's driving was awful. It seeemed more arcadey than even III and VC I don't remember flipping nearly any cars in those games get in SA I was constantly getting cars destroyed.

I'm not trying to impress anybody and I do believe I mentioned the list was my opion. (And honestly I'd like to think I'm the nice one here. Half the people who agree with me just yell troll at anyone who likes SA better. though most people who like SA better just scream fanboys at us sooo like I said the arguments can get mean.

especially when you get Poncho, shelby, and Creep(if he comes back) involved.
---
#35xHughJasxPosted 2/5/2013 9:10:08 PM
A crime game? No, gta is an open world third person shooter. Having sim like aspects adds to the open world feel of it. It's all about choice. Don't want to participate in that? Fine, your game play won't suffer. The driving should feel a little arcade like and tight. It's not a super realistic game, as much as you want it to be. Gta 4 driving is floaty as hell and feels like the cars have no brakes and 2 gears.
---
#36DarkLordMorsulPosted 2/5/2013 9:21:18 PM
xHughJasx posted...
A crime game? No,.

Oh, Thanks for clearing that up... I was confused by the title Grand Theft Auto.
---
#37xHughJasxPosted 2/5/2013 9:24:41 PM
Because certainly all you do in that game is perform grand theft auto for 40 hours then turn it off. -_-
---
#38DarkLordMorsulPosted 2/5/2013 9:31:12 PM
xHughJasx posted...
Because certainly all you do in that game is perform grand theft auto for 40 hours then turn it off. -_-

No I usually go sit in Burger Shot for three hourse realize CJ is too fat spend 10 hours in the gym. Then go collect some pearls. head over to a secret base to grab a jetpack. the goi to cluckin bell for a couple hours then go get a tattoo buy a shirt covering that tattoo then if I have time go play DDR Hydrolics edition. Cause that's how a gansta like CJ rolls yall.

You like SA that's fine but it's not that great I played through it once I've tried picking it up again but hasn
't happened III, VC, and IV I've played through into double digits each VC at least 11 or twelve GTAIV at least 14 or 15.

VC was my favorite I'd replay it again if they put it on Arcade like SA I mean they did port to Xbox so why not?
---
#39xHughJasxPosted 2/5/2013 9:35:39 PM
Vc was decent but I wasn't a fan of how small the world was. Or the lack of variety in scenery.
---
#40Lord_Shadow_19Posted 2/6/2013 6:20:19 AM
DarkLordMorsul posted...
xHughJasx posted...

No I usually go sit in Burger Shot for three hourse realize CJ is too fat spend 10 hours in the gym. Then go collect some pearls. head over to a secret base to grab a jetpack. the goi to cluckin bell for a couple hours then go get a tattoo buy a shirt covering that tattoo then if I have time go play DDR Hydrolics edition. Cause that's how a gansta like CJ rolls yall.

You like SA that's fine but it's not that great I played through it once I've tried picking it up again but hasn
't happened III, VC, and IV I've played through into double digits each VC at least 11 or twelve GTAIV at least 14 or 15.

VC was my favorite I'd replay it again if they put it on Arcade like SA I mean they did port to Xbox so why not?

VC is on psn, is it not on xbla yet?
---
Playing UMvC3, Far Cry 3, Black Ops 2. PSN: Entropy19