If GTAV had elements from these games it would be the best GTA game ever.

#1holden4everPosted 1/25/2013 11:11:17 PM
Driving - Driver:SF
Hand to Hand Fighting - Sleeping Dogs
Gun Combat - Max Payne 3

Driver has by far the best physics in any open world game I've played. I liked the driving in GTA4 compared to the previous games but it still wasn't perfect. Sleeping Dogs was a lot of fun and being able to learn different styles/moves at dojos stopped it frm getting boring and predictable. I hated the working out aspect of SA because it did nothing for actual gameplay but I'd happily do it if there was a reason. Max Payne 3 was fun (only MP game I've played) and the shooting/cover system was quite good. Better than GTA4 at least.
---
http://thebulldogs.com.au/media/logo_2010.png - 2012 NRL Season: Minor Premiers. Grand Final runners-up. Bring on 2013.
#2Part3Posted 1/26/2013 4:40:08 AM
The shooting in Sleeping Dogs wasn't bad either. The slow motion never got old.

If the fighting was the same but with moves that suited the characters that would be brilliant.
---
---
TIG - i like cartyooons
#3ChisokaPosted 1/26/2013 6:03:14 AM
Part3 posted...
The shooting in Sleeping Dogs wasn't bad either. The slow motion never got old.

If the fighting was the same but with moves that suited the characters that would be brilliant.
---

Couldn't agree more. Sleeping Doggies was the best game of 2012 for me. Still play it every mow and again and great DLC support for it keeps it fresh. It's a great filler until GTAV comes out.

I never liked the melee in the GTA games. I found it too much of a button-mashing ecxercise in the previous generation games and the melee combat in GTAIV was extremely clunky. - avoided it as much as possible.

I don't expect anything as complex or polished in GTAIV, since it isn't a melee-style game, but a little more fluidity in the hand-to-hand wouldn't go amiss. Trevor (ex-military) should be capable of a few karate moves at least and Franklin should be able to string together a few boxing moves.
#4FutureShockUKPosted 1/26/2013 6:10:56 AM
I'd be Ok with this, especially the Max Payne shooting. That game seriously has some of, if not the best mechanics and weapon physics I've ever seen.
---
Best in the World!
GT:Future Shock UK PSN:FutureShockUK
#5michaelkennethPosted 1/26/2013 10:00:30 AM
holden4ever posted...
Gun Combat - Max Payne 3

The hand to hand combat isn't that great in Sleeping Dogs. Arkham City/Arkham Asylum is better.
---
cmkps.deviantart.com
#6holden4ever(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 8:00:38 PM
The Batman games had better fighting mechanics but they're more suited to large scale fights and building a combo instead of smaller or one on one fights.
---
http://thebulldogs.com.au/media/logo_2010.png - 2012 NRL Season: Minor Premiers. Grand Final runners-up. Bring on 2013.
#7CoronelLinkPosted 1/31/2013 1:23:49 AM
Hands down agree with Driver SF driving.
---
No givesies backsies!!
#8paint87Posted 1/31/2013 3:10:43 AM
holden4ever posted...
Gun Combat - Max Payne 3

Driver has by far the best physics in any open world game I've played. I liked the driving in GTA4 compared to the previous games but it still wasn't perfect. Sleeping Dogs was a lot of fun and being able to learn different styles/moves at dojos stopped it frm getting boring and predictable. I hated the working out aspect of SA because it did nothing for actual gameplay but I'd happily do it if there was a reason. Max Payne 3 was fun (only MP game I've played) and the shooting/cover system was quite good. Better than GTA4 at least.

what? driver sucked. gta iv driving was fine.
---
PSN - whoonga_dagga
http://freebord.extole.com/a/clk/1mDRZv
#9ill-thoughtsPosted 1/31/2013 3:44:32 AM
i did enjoy the driving of Driver SF....and it would definitely be better than the driving from GTA4 O_O

i personally wouldnt want the style of fighting from SD, its too Turn Based, guys only attack you 1 at a time....and americans dont know karate like that, it wouldnt make sense. id rather them bring back the fighting from THE WARRIORS, that system was Perfect imo.

and neither would i want the slow-mo diving and crap from MP3....but i believe ALOT of things from MP3 will be ported over into GTA5 in every aspect.
---
True Crime New York City for the Original Xbox is PHENOMENAL.