Why, as a Vegan, I will not be buying this title

#51tzar_666Posted 1/28/2013 10:00:30 PM
hellfire582 posted...
ThisIsMithos posted...

It depends on what you mean by meat. If by meat you mean any non-plant animals like livestock, birds and fish, you would be mistaken. It appears that processed meats like sausages, fatty steaks and burgers, deli meats, etc and some red meats, such as your standard store beef may be unhealthy.

However, grass-fed beef, free range chicken, organic/omega-3 enriched eggs, poultry-which is lean meat and fish are all actually very healthy. There are many findings on this and you could easily look on the Mayo Clinic's site or others. The main thing is to eat natural foods.

People can and do live meatless lives, and some of them are pretty healthy, but I think it's completely unnecessary. I am completely against the way they treat animals prior to killing them, as well as what they feed them and how they shelter them. This is why you buy beef-fed beef and free range poultry. This way, you know they lived healthy. It's all about being natural. Hope that helps.

By the way, you could go vegan but...you may find it hard to get enough protein, iron, zinc, vitamin B-12, calcium and your test levels may be low...

Yea that's fair. There are studies that have looked at the cleaner, healthier meats you mentioned, and the findings there go both ways in different studies from what I've read. Unfortunately, I doubt those products will ever become popular among meat-eaters because they're more expensive and less filling.

i live in the country. cows are given wide open spaces, lots of fresh air and are treated well. they only go inside if theres a storm or its really cold. there fed silage and vitamins. farmers love animals and are never cruel to them. what is beef-fed beef? its illegal to feed an animal to another animal. if one dies there covered in lyme and buried. i know a lot about farmering. animal eat mostly corn. pigs eat all vegetables.
---
psn tzar666
xbox davethebakerx2
#52cortana64Posted 1/30/2013 5:54:57 PM
hellfire582 posted...
gamedude00000 posted...
Why, as a human, I give zero interest to your arguement.

We're omnivores and people who eat a fair balance of meat and vegetables are healthier than those who insist that you're above the basic foodchain. That's just fact, so GG on that one.

Actually, that's simply untrue. The CDC and NIH have published multiple studies showing that vegetarians and vegans have a lower incidence of heart disease and many types of cancer. There are health problems vegetarians run into such as iron deficiency anemia, but these can be mitigated by eating certain foods high in iron.

Also, the NIH has published longitudinal studies done on thousands of people showing that vegetarians have a longer lifespan than meat eaters who consume about the same number of calories per day, though I don't know whether this was shown in vegans or not.

I'm not condoning or defaming any particular lifestyle, but it's a simple fact that not eating meat is better for your health. Just because we evolved as omnivores doesn't mean that that diet is optimal for us.

Cant get coqueten from any other source than meat.
#53VG_SoldierPosted 1/30/2013 6:27:01 PM
Ah, okay, well, that's...ah, great?
---
If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him. ---
In peace prepare for war, in war prepare for peace.
#54DarkLordMorsulPosted 1/30/2013 8:32:01 PM
hellfire582 posted...
DarkLordMorsul posted...

Actually Meat eaters tend to over eat that's where the heart disease comes from. Vegans tend to be very healthy eaters of course they've got less heart disease.

We evolved as omnivores therefore onivorous diet is the best for us. That's sort of how evolution works.

No, that's not really how evolution works at all. Natural selection produces the most favorable traits for a given environment. Until recently, the major problem for humans was competition for food, not excess. As a result, the human body became efficient at storing whatever food a person ate so he/she could live long enough to reproduce. Disease that result from overnutrition, such as cardiovascular disease and diabetes, weren't worked on by natural selection because people never used to live long enough to get those diseases. So, just because we evolved as omnivores doesn't mean that that's the best diet for us today.

You're correct that vegans are in general healthier eaters than most others, but that's not why meat is bad for you. As I said, the studies I mentioned were controlled for calorie intake and other nutritional factors (that is, people from the vegetarian and meat-eater groups ate about the same amount of calories/day, saturated fat, etc...)

This tells us that it's not just about how healthy you eat. There clearly is something about meat that leads to increased disease later in life.

ANNNNND incorrect. Over-nutrition? LOL. Overeating is the problem(that'd be eating too much low nutrition high calorie foods, IE three pounds of icecream lots of calories really no nutrition.). Those caloric "studies" will always be biased against meat.

Watch "Fathead" some time. It'll explain everything to you much better than I possibly can. Plus it's got some good chuckles in it, It's the answer to SuperSize me.(Also exposes Super Size Me as a complete lie)
---
Skit Tells is Really good
#55tzar_666Posted 1/30/2013 10:40:03 PM
one of my best friends just died she was in here 80s. smoked like a chimney wasnt sick till a year ago. she smoked for 60 years. point being 1/3 of cancer is where you live 1/3 is family history 1/3 unknown. my uncle roger was a sniper in the army,physicaly fit perfectly healthy. one day just dropped dead. it dosent matter how you live or what you eat. when god wants you he reaches out and takes you
---
psn tzar666
xbox davethebakerx2
#56hellfire582Posted 1/30/2013 11:18:44 PM
DarkLordMorsul posted...
hellfire582 posted...
DarkLordMorsul posted...

Actually Meat eaters tend to over eat that's where the heart disease comes from. Vegans tend to be very healthy eaters of course they've got less heart disease.

We evolved as omnivores therefore onivorous diet is the best for us. That's sort of how evolution works.

No, that's not really how evolution works at all. Natural selection produces the most favorable traits for a given environment. Until recently, the major problem for humans was competition for food, not excess. As a result, the human body became efficient at storing whatever food a person ate so he/she could live long enough to reproduce. Disease that result from overnutrition, such as cardiovascular disease and diabetes, weren't worked on by natural selection because people never used to live long enough to get those diseases. So, just because we evolved as omnivores doesn't mean that that's the best diet for us today.

You're correct that vegans are in general healthier eaters than most others, but that's not why meat is bad for you. As I said, the studies I mentioned were controlled for calorie intake and other nutritional factors (that is, people from the vegetarian and meat-eater groups ate about the same amount of calories/day, saturated fat, etc...)

This tells us that it's not just about how healthy you eat. There clearly is something about meat that leads to increased disease later in life.

ANNNNND incorrect. Over-nutrition? LOL. Overeating is the problem(that'd be eating too much low nutrition high calorie foods, IE three pounds of icecream lots of calories really no nutrition.). Those caloric "studies" will always be biased against meat.

Watch "Fathead" some time. It'll explain everything to you much better than I possibly can. Plus it's got some good chuckles in it, It's the answer to SuperSize me.(Also exposes Super Size Me as a complete lie)

I don't need to watch "Fathead" because I do research on this very topic. I'm not trying to be pretentious or anything, but I'm telling you from a scientist's perspective that these studies weren't biased against meat. It's not hard to understand - if everyone in the study received the same number of calories per day, the only variables remaining are the differences between meat and non-meat products. These were controlled trials sponsored by the NIH, and I think their results are more credible than what some filmmakers concluded in a documentary.

Also, overnutrition is just the term scientists use for excess calories; it's essentially the same thing as overeating. If you're getting your information from one or even several documentaries, I'd recommend you look at evidence-based sources instead. You can start on a simple website like Pubmed and just do a search for diseases associated with meat consumption. It might be hard to understand the terminology they use for how they controlled for differences in lifestyles and eating habits, but reading a couple articles would probably benefit you.
#57Jaws_ThemePosted 1/31/2013 2:13:43 AM
my best friend is a pig
#58paint87Posted 1/31/2013 3:17:04 AM
hellfire582 posted...
DarkLordMorsul posted...
hellfire582 posted...
DarkLordMorsul posted...

I don't need to watch "Fathead" because I do research on this very topic. I'm not trying to be pretentious or anything, but I'm telling you from a scientist's perspective that these studies weren't biased against meat. It's not hard to understand - if everyone in the study received the same number of calories per day, the only variables remaining are the differences between meat and non-meat products. These were controlled trials sponsored by the NIH, and I think their results are more credible than what some filmmakers concluded in a documentary.

Also, overnutrition is just the term scientists use for excess calories; it's essentially the same thing as overeating. If you're getting your information from one or even several documentaries, I'd recommend you look at evidence-based sources instead. You can start on a simple website like Pubmed and just do a search for diseases associated with meat consumption. It might be hard to understand the terminology they use for how they controlled for differences in lifestyles and eating habits, but reading a couple articles would probably benefit you.

I love meat cooked different types of ways. slow cook. crock pot. grilled. MMM
---
PSN - whoonga_dagga
http://freebord.extole.com/a/clk/1mDRZv
#59BardockpwnsjooPosted 1/31/2013 4:17:34 AM
Interestingly, I originally read this topic title as, "Why, as a Virgin, I will not be buying this title."
---
So, if you put an Oriental guy in a bowl, and spin it around, does he become disOriented?
#60tzar_666Posted 1/31/2013 6:58:15 AM
Bardockpwnsjoo posted...
Interestingly, I originally read this topic title as, "Why, as a Virgin, I will not be buying this title."

im a virgin and im buying it
---
psn tzar666
xbox davethebakerx2