What If GTA5 Is Not All Its Hyped Up To Be?

#1ill-thoughtsPosted 1/27/2013 4:21:23 AM
Do You Think GTA5 Will Be All Its Hyped Up To Be? - Results (153 votes)
Yes
67.32% (103 votes)
No
13.73% (21 votes)
Im Not Sure
18.95% (29 votes)
This poll is now closed.
sometimes when i look over all the details and pics, i just get this feeling that this game will completely Lack in gameplay. GTA4 fell victum to this. it was a great looking game but lacked SEVERELY in interesting single player modes...and the modes that Were there werent what they could have been...and as a result, i lost interest in the single player in 10 days. now BOGT really improved GTA4 and made it a Very Interesting experience with Drug Wars, Club Management, Fight Clubs and Girlfriends, they really opened up the game and gave you things to do outside of the storyline....in essence, BOGT was what GTA4 should have been on day 1.

now sometimes, i feel like they WILL bring these things back: more scaled out drug missions and wars, maybe turf wars, diverse hitman missions, maybe some cop or swat missions, etc....but then i think well what if they dont?? what if they leave out Turf Wars??? leave out Drug Wars??? i mean theyve already ditched buying Property and people LOVED that and wanted it back....and then they announce tennis and yoga like thats SOMETHING HUGEE????....what if theyre not listening to the fans at all??? what if its just NOT the game its hyped up to be??

now i love Rockstar Games....Loved San Andreas...Loved BOGT....LOVED Midnight Club LA...RDR and LA Noire were interesting experiences overall so i KNOW R* could create the Greatest Freeroam Game Of All Time with all that success and experience...but i just have this gaping feeling important things will be left out and GTA5 will not be the game its cracked up to be.

am i the only one who feels like this or what??
---
True Crime New York City for the Original Xbox is PHENOMENAL.
#2nativenginePosted 1/27/2013 4:26:14 AM
What's with all negative Nancys lately?
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
Elected Leader of the GTA5 360 board
#3FutureShockUKPosted 1/27/2013 6:11:32 AM
I'll still enjoy and play it. Even if the missions aren't fun, Which they will be, I can make my own fun!
---
Best in the World!
GT:Future Shock UK PSN:FutureShockUK
#4enterthemadroxPosted 1/27/2013 6:34:40 AM
Well having been burned by a few games, including several R* titles, I'm being cautious for sure.

I may even wait until there's a GOTY edition with all the DLC included and a little cheaper than the original version will be on release before I play.
---
Getting awfully tired of GameFAQs mods removing my posts for being "offensive" when I've done nothing wrong
#5whiteboygenePosted 1/27/2013 6:52:15 AM
Hmm... GTA IV lacked "single player modes" okay... I don't understand this statement at all but I'll let it slide.

GTA IV TBOGT was what GTA IV should have been? Alright, wrong again.

GTA V will be MORE than what it's hyped up to be, it's just children and folks like you that pretend you could be making better decisions than R* who make it seem like it won't be.
---
Good deeds should be done not for compensation or to please an invisible deity, they should just simply be done. People who agree: 14
#6CruorComaPosted 1/27/2013 7:32:38 AM
I've got no worries about it to be honest. If I'm let down by a Rockstar game this year it would be the first time they've disappointed me in well over a decade.
---
If you have a problem with potheads, throw your computer out the window right now. Why should you be able leech off the creativity of those you condemn?
#7tzar_666Posted 1/27/2013 7:34:09 AM
whiteboygene posted...
Hmm... GTA IV lacked "single player modes" okay... I don't understand this statement at all but I'll let it slide.

GTA V will be MORE than what it's hyped up to be, it's just children and folks like you that pretend you could be making better decisions than R* who make it seem like it won't be.

gta4 metacritic score 98.
---
psn tzar666
xbox davethebakerx2
#8LordPonchoPosted 1/27/2013 8:12:05 AM
I get the feeling a lot of people here will be disappointed in the same way IV disappointed them. They seem to be looking forward to this as if it's SA 2. Newsflash, they only share a similar setting. This is almost 100% guaranteed to be more like IV than SA.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#9toliveiraPosted 1/27/2013 8:20:47 AM
I think it will be because it isn't hyped at all imo..
Rockstar is too secretive for us to hype anything over the game.. so that we don't have another duke nukem forever.
#10whiteboygenePosted 1/27/2013 9:08:21 AM
tzar_666 posted...
whiteboygene posted...

gta4 metacritic score 98.

You're like my little goblin sidekick that just says things after I speak, things that serve no real purpose other than to confuse myself and the masses.

Never change.
---
Good deeds should be done not for compensation or to please an invisible deity, they should just simply be done. People who agree: 14