What If GTA5 Is Not All Its Hyped Up To Be?

#1195_EclipsePosted 1/27/2013 10:59:55 AM
No games are what they are hyped to be.

But, GTA V hasn't been hyping its self, other people are making their own hype. So based on self generated hype, yes it will. Based on unreasonable fan hype? No it wont.

Besides there will be the inevitable group of people who claim SA is better than GTA V for reasons yet unknown, even though V will be better than IV, which was better than SA.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
#12tzar_666Posted 1/27/2013 11:06:19 AM
whiteboygene posted...
tzar_666 posted...
whiteboygene posted...
Hmm... GTA IV lacked "single player modes" okay... I don't understand this statement at all but I'll let it slide.

GTA IV TBOGT was what GTA IV should have been? Alright, wrong again.

GTA V will be MORE than what it's hyped up to be, it's just children and folks like you that pretend you could be making better decisions than R* who make it seem like it won't be.

gta4 metacritic score 98.

You're like my little goblin sidekick that just says things after I speak, things that serve no real purpose other than to confuse myself and the masses.

Never change.

lets hope im the dick grayson robin who became the verry cool nightwing. not the lame jason todd robin who got killed by the joker.
---
psn tzar666
xbox davethebakerx2
#13Mentalpatient87Posted 1/27/2013 1:52:41 PM
The only cool thing any of the Robins did was die.
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"
#14tzar_666Posted 1/27/2013 2:00:26 PM
i don't have an opinion yet
---
psn tzar666
xbox davethebakerx2
#15Jas_PataPosted 1/27/2013 2:02:59 PM
The only thing I'm slightly concerned about, after R* statements, is the driving physics/handling.

I will probably try to steer clear of previous GTA titles near the release of V so I'm just not used to any games specific driving physics.. it always takes awhile to transition from IVs to a 3d era title and vice versa.

I don't really think this game can disappoint me in any way - the setting ( map characteristics and variety etc. ) and [people] physics will suffice on their own, personally.
---
aka - Nah Tso Gud
#16goodfella_zacPosted 1/27/2013 2:16:16 PM
I consider myself a realist, so I don't know that I can over-hype a game and set my expectations too high. That being said, my favorite GTA game is IV, before that it was SA, then VC, and of course III. I've never been disappointed by GTA, I appreciate every aspect of each game. I thought the driving was awesome last game, and I personally never had an issue with Niko on motorcycles. It seems like GTA has grown up with me and visa verse.
---
Woo Pig Sooie
Xbox Live GT: ZETTERBERG 4O <--that's an "O", not a zero
#17ill-thoughts(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 2:56:21 PM
for those of you who believe GTA4 had OH SO DEEP game modes and activities outside of the storyline, what were they???? im just curious, obviously 50% into the game, i seem to have missed them. all i saw was some half a$$ed cop missions that were time based, repetitive and horrible....some over easy hitman missions which a Baby could have performed....and uhhhh.....robbing people at ATM's?? let me know what these Amazing modes were that were in GTA4 that i seem to have completely glanced over by not finishing it.
---
True Crime New York City for the Original Xbox is PHENOMENAL.
#18Mentalpatient87Posted 1/27/2013 3:47:23 PM
You need modes? I just ran around killing people in alleys and kicking people down stairs.
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"
#19hellfire582Posted 1/27/2013 4:01:47 PM
Based on what we know, I think the game looks like it'll be good. They're bringing back planes, making the landscape more like SA, and making a bigger map than GTA IV. That being said, I don't wanna get my hopes up too soon, because I thought GTA IV was gonna be great, and I really didn't enjoy it that much compared to SA.
#20CruorComaPosted 1/27/2013 4:09:02 PM
ill-thoughts posted...
for those of you who believe GTA4 had OH SO DEEP game modes and activities outside of the storyline, what were they???? im just curious, obviously 50% into the game, i seem to have missed them. all i saw was some half a$$ed cop missions that were time based, repetitive and horrible....some over easy hitman missions which a Baby could have performed....and uhhhh.....robbing people at ATM's?? let me know what these Amazing modes were that were in GTA4 that i seem to have completely glanced over by not finishing it.

You could have easily arranged your query in a neutral fashion without coming off as obnoxiously narcissistic and pretentious? Why, pray tell, did you not take that route?
I advise you learn the value of tact and basic diplomacy before you post nonsensical garbage again.
---
If you have a problem with potheads, throw your computer out the window right now. Why should you be able leech off the creativity of those you condemn?