What If GTA5 Is Not All Its Hyped Up To Be?

#21art_of_the_killPosted 1/27/2013 4:24:09 PM
If GTA V has missions that are more akin to TBoGT and much less "kill this guy" missions, that alone will make it infinitely better than IV.

Also, there had better be more than just two tiers of weapons. There should be at least four tiers at this point.
---
"You've lost this argument!"
--- John Marston while lassoing/hogtying someone. Favorite quote this gen.
#22tzar_666Posted 1/27/2013 4:31:47 PM
balad of gay toney?
---
psn tzar666
xbox davethebakerx2
#23ill-thoughts(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 5:30:01 PM
art_of_the_kill posted...
If GTA V has missions that are more akin to TBoGT and much less "kill this guy" missions, that alone will make it infinitely better than IV.

this is what im hopeing for, i really enjoyed BOGT and spent hours in the single player just stocking up weapons and going on drugwar missions. with Trevor being a drug dealer of sorts, i expect to see Mafiya Work style missions that thrust the player deeper into that trade and take them all over the city....and atleast an OPTION to gang bang as Franklin and engage in some sort of turf wars. these 2 things alone would make GTA5 King.

for the life of me, i cant figure out why Mafiya Work wasnt worked into GTA4's single player, that mode alone would have made GTA4 the greatest game Ever.
---
True Crime New York City for the Original Xbox is PHENOMENAL.
#24ill-thoughts(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 5:32:44 PM
as far as weapons, i was super satisfied with the selection BOGT offered. i really like Revolvers so i was dissapointed those werent in....but if they use the guns from Max Payne 3, thats really all i want.....and Silencers....definitely silencers.
---
True Crime New York City for the Original Xbox is PHENOMENAL.
#25nativenginePosted 1/27/2013 5:37:15 PM
I was extremly satisfied with GTA4 and have only been let down by one GTA so I'm sure I'll be more then happy with GTA5. Also, what hype do you speak of? The unreasonable fan hype I see from website to website? Rockstar hasn't even begun the hype train yet so all the hype is generated off of 2 trailers and a handful of pics, barely a hype train.
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
Elected Leader of the GTA5 360 board
#26MesCuDiPosted 1/30/2013 6:57:01 AM
Like everyone else is saying, 2 trailers and little bits and pieces of info is not "hype". It's marketing.

Call of Duty hypes it's games.

It's an open-world game, so I don't understand what kind of game modes need to be in it to keep it interesting..I just go online and play with my friends as we find things to do ourselves.

I guess if you're really bored you could post-up behind a bench with a shotty and blind-fire grandmas ? Or walk into people and see them clumsily stumble into traffic...seriously it's endless fun.
#27prince--87Posted 1/30/2013 4:38:40 PM
MesCuDi posted...
Like everyone else is saying, 2 trailers and little bits and pieces of info is not "hype". It's marketing.

It's an open-world game, so I don't understand what kind of game modes need to be in it to keep it interesting..I just go online and play with my friends as we find things to do ourselves.

I guess if you're really bored you could post-up behind a bench with a shotty and blind-fire grandmas ? Or walk into people and see them clumsily stumble into traffic...seriously it's endless fun.

starting a fight then running away until you find a cop, then just let the guy hit you and watch the cop bust him, priceless and never gets old.
#28DarkLordMorsulPosted 1/30/2013 4:47:56 PM
ill-thoughts posted...
art_of_the_kill posted...

this is what im hopeing for, i really enjoyed BOGT and spent hours in the single player just stocking up weapons and going on drugwar missions. with Trevor being a drug dealer of sorts, i expect to see Mafiya Work style missions that thrust the player deeper into that trade and take them all over the city....and atleast an OPTION to gang bang as Franklin and engage in some sort of turf wars. these 2 things alone would make GTA5 King.

for the life of me, i cant figure out why Mafiya Work wasnt worked into GTA4's single player, that mode alone would have made GTA4 the greatest game Ever.

The drugwars seemed repetetive to me... I hope they maybe have less but more varied drugwar missions
---
Skit Tells is Really good
#29MesCuDiPosted 1/31/2013 3:11:18 AM
prince--87 posted...
MesCuDi posted...

starting a fight then running away until you find a cop, then just let the guy hit you and watch the cop bust him, priceless and never gets old.

That too haha, hopefully they actually put cuffs on em this time