GTA is about violence and vehicles

#1whiteboygenePosted 1/28/2013 10:29:20 AM
Not customization, changing your clothes, flying planes and jetpacks, dying your hair green, getting really fat/muscular, and following the damn train CJ.

GTA IV is the first of it's generation, it can only be fairly compared to GTA III. Have fun with that, kiddos.
---
Good deeds should be done not for compensation or to please an invisible deity, they should just simply be done. People who agree: 14
#2eternalsabrePosted 1/28/2013 10:51:27 AM
Wow, just... Wow.
---
"omg get on my level scrub use a sniper" Kurt Cobain 1967 - 1993
#3IiXxCodMw3xXiIPosted 1/28/2013 10:57:09 AM
and yoga.
#4PokeyBananaPosted 1/28/2013 11:36:01 AM
It's about more than just that. It needs to improve and expand or it will die, like everything.
---
Day 1 DLC is like being sold a car for ten grand and then being asked to pay another grand for the steering wheel.
#5LordPonchoPosted 1/28/2013 12:26:39 PM
PokeyBanana posted...
It's about more than just that. It needs to improve and expand or it will die, like everything.

That's why CoD has died, right? Not saying CoD is good, but your point is nullified by it.

And GTA does improve and expand, and it has with every iteration. Removing filler content to add more meaningful content and gameplay mechanics is improvement.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#6PokeyBananaPosted 1/28/2013 12:53:49 PM
LordPoncho posted...
PokeyBanana posted...

That's why CoD has died, right? Not saying CoD is good, but your point is nullified by it.

And GTA does improve and expand, and it has with every iteration. Removing filler content to add more meaningful content and gameplay mechanics is improvement.

COD is a disgrace of a game and it is killing the game industry for the rest of us who like games with a bit of complexity and depth to them. Anyone who likes COD is basically a game murderer.

Also, I wasn't saying GTA isn't expanding and moving forward (in general) as it is doing that. I was merely stating to the OP that it must do that lest it be left behind as the OP seems to want it to stay in 2001.
---
Day 1 DLC is like being sold a car for ten grand and then being asked to pay another grand for the steering wheel.
#7LordPonchoPosted 1/28/2013 1:13:31 PM
PokeyBanana posted...
LordPoncho posted...
PokeyBanana posted...

COD is a disgrace of a game and it is killing the game industry for the rest of us who like games with a bit of complexity and depth to them. Anyone who likes COD is basically a game murderer.

Also, I wasn't saying GTA isn't expanding and moving forward (in general) as it is doing that. I was merely stating to the OP that it must do that lest it be left behind as the OP seems to want it to stay in 2001.

No, that wasn't his point. His point was entirely contextual. People are clamoring for arbitrary customization and things that just don't belong as opposed to a true GTA experience. He was just listing the fundamentals of what make GTA, GTA.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#8cordsmanPosted 1/28/2013 1:21:06 PM
I agree with TC.
---
"A man chooses... a slave obeys. Kill!" - Andrew Ryan
PSN: BigDaddyFatso
#9enterthemadroxPosted 1/28/2013 1:59:02 PM
Maybe in the early days sure but as soon as GTA III hit, it became about stories and characters and giving you a playable cinematic experience.
---
Getting awfully tired of GameFAQs mods removing my posts for being "offensive" when I've done nothing wrong
#10applejak412Posted 1/28/2013 2:53:39 PM
this is exactly why people who ***** about not being able to create their own charecters in GTA piss me off. I always picture them as shallow highschoolers pitching tents while playing Saints row with Eminem bumping in the background.

I was a bit dissapointed in GTA IV, but I understand that they had to build the thing from scratch with an all new engine and physics and whatnot. IMO even though the game lacked depth they nailed it technologicaly-wise. After playing Red Dead I am nothing but pumped for this game. I expect GTA IV in a new location, polished and with much more content.